2020 Green Bay Packers OL

Shanedorf

I think what people forget about the Turner signing is that he was a swing Tackle. He came out of NDSU as a Tackle, got moved to Guard, then got kicked to Tackle in necessity and played pretty well allegedly. Then we signed him to essentially play RG and move out to Tackle if Bulaga went down, but because our depth at Guard was suspect last year, we signed Veldheer as insurance and that paid off.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I think what people forget about the Turner signing is that he was a swing Tackle. He came out of NDSU as a Tackle, got moved to Guard, then got kicked to Tackle in necessity and played pretty well allegedly. Then we signed him to essentially play RG and move out to Tackle if Bulaga went down, but because our depth at Guard was suspect last year, we signed Veldheer as insurance and that paid off.

Not really, no. Anybody that plays well at Tackle stays at Tackle.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A Guard who can play Tackle if everything else is ****ed?

I mean....we came close to that at one point last year.

Let's put it this way - total hypothetical: Who would you rather have at RT, Turner or Light?

Again, we didn't draft any OT's but we did sign one in UDFA and have a few PS guys hanging around from last year FWIW. What does that evidence suggest to you?

missed this one and he's not listed on the coaching page at packers.com

...LaFleur also hired longtime college and NFL offensive line coach Butch Barry as a senior analyst.

Barry enters his 18th season coaching in college or the NFL. He joins the Packers after serving as the offensive line coach at the University of Miami (Fla.) last season. From 2015-18, the Sturgeon Bay, Wis., native was the assistant offensive line coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In three of his four seasons, Tampa Bay finished in the top 10 in total offense, including a No. 3 ranking in 2018 (415.5 yards per game). Prior to his time in Tampa, Barry coached for five seasons at Central Michigan, spending his first four years (2010-13) as the tight ends coach and his final season (2014) as the offensive line coach. It was his second stint as a coach for Central Michigan, having worked as a graduate assistant (2002-03) after playing on the offensive line for the Chippewas. Between his jobs at CMU, Barry coached the offensive line at Southwest Minnesota State (2004-05), Michigan Tech (2006-08) and North Greenville University (2009), while also working as the offensive coordinator from 2007-09.

clanu3yrymwed5etnhgx.jpg

51 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

FINALLY some Packers news!

Good move. Lane is valuable insurance. Think this also reinforces the idea that Turner is the backup RT this season.

I'm kind of surprised Taylor would give up 3 million. I would have thought he'd say release me if he thought he was starter material. Good, quality interior depth for the Packers at a very reasonable price. 

Patrick and Taylor inside is some nice depth. I wish we had the same for OT though. Turner gives me gas thinking about him at RT. 

Edited by Golfman

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Good move. Lane is valuable insurance. Think this also reinforces the idea that Turner is the backup RT this season.

Can't recall the last time a player took a restructured deal to stay with the team.

Brilliant move. Maybe we are freeing up the cash for our 'big' free agent splash...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

yeah wagner and billy could make for a fun little TC battle at RT if they wanna roll with Lane at G. 

On 5/22/2020 at 3:54 PM, skibrett15 said:

Light

Absolutely.

He only had significant snaps in that debacle in SF. He was bad as most of the team was in that game. The rest of his year, including camp and preseason,  he was solid... All in all, he's still a quality youthful prospect. He's a 3rd year player but younger than all the 2nd year OL other than Conway (2M younger). Besides his youth, I like how he's still growing into his body. He's like Bakhtiari when it comes to physical maturity. He's a year or two away from hitting his peak.