2020 Green Bay Packers OL

Shanedorf

53 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

!

Good move. Lane is valuable insurance. Think this also reinforces the idea that Turner is the backup RT this season.

I saw this yesterday, very significant move... I don't think he's a fit for this OL scheme. But, he's a gamer and now an asset with that contract. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Donzo said:

I saw this yesterday, very significant move... I don't think he's a fit for this OL scheme. But, he's a gamer and now an asset with that contract. 

Other than the slightly inconclusive fact that he hadn't been moved on yet, this is the first concrete sign I've seen that the Packers want to keep LT. The move looks like a good call for a fairly modest price to me.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 minute ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Other than the slightly inconclusive fact that he hadn't been moved on yet, this is the first concrete sign I've seen that the Packers want to keep LT. The move looks like a good call for a fairly modest price to me.

Exactly.

If he loses 10lbs or so and gets back to the mobility he showed in 2017, he'd probably stick... Myself, I still want a younger guy with controllable cheaper seasons ahead of him to beat him out, but he plays well enough in camp so the Packers can trade him. Yet, if he looks so good in camp that the Packers have to keep him, so be it.

Seing that we haven't taken advantage of our cap space I'm pretty pissed that we didn't give Bulaga extension. We payed 2Y/11M to Wagner and Bulaga essentially has a 2Y/19.25M contract and 5M 2020 cap hit. That's a bargain for a Top5 RT.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Seing that we haven't taken advantage of our cap space I'm pretty pissed that we didn't give Bulaga extension. We payed 2Y/11M to Wagner and Bulaga essentially has a 2Y/19.25M contract and 5M 2020 cap hit. That's a bargain for a Top5 RT.

Wagner is “essentially” 1Y/6.6M. You realize unused cap space gets rolled over, right?

22 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Wagner is “essentially” 1Y/6.6M. You realize unused cap space gets rolled over, right?

Yes, and I also realize this might be the last year of our SB window, having quite a few important UDFA in 2021 (Bakhtiari, Clark, King, Linsley, Jones among others). This was (is) the year to take advantage of all our cap space.

Wagner's contract is obviously much cheaper, but Bulaga's was not prohibitive and was also a short contract. Everything you could hope for. Health and age are pretty much equal (both born in 1989 and having missed games the last few years).

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

...having quite a few important UDFA in 2021 (Bakhtiari, Clark, King, Linsley, Jones among others)....

Considering those, plus with Rodgers' cap jumping by $15, I'm pretty supportive of rolling as much cash forward as possible.