2020 Green Bay Packers OL

Shanedorf

16 hours ago, vegas492 said:

We paid Clifton till he was 35.  And he had the big injury (Sapp hit) and some nagging injuries.

What about Bakh makes him risky?  Or is it just the money?

To me, his game will age well and he's been quite durable.  Plus he chugs a mean beer.  Sign the man.

Its just the money and opportunity cost. He wants elite LT money.

If you sign him then you might lose all of the others - Jones, King. LInsley. Maybe you get J. Williams on a cheaper deal.  Bakh would be on a 3rd contract, his game should age well but there is a chance of decline and increased injury risk. 

We probably just need to sign him at any cost, just don't see how it fits in with talk of Jones being extended. 

3 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Its just the money and opportunity cost. He wants elite LT money.

If you sign him then you might lose all of the others - Jones, King. LInsley. Maybe you get J. Williams on a cheaper deal.  Bakh would be on a 3rd contract, his game should age well but there is a chance of decline and increased injury risk. 

We probably just need to sign him at any cost, just don't see how it fits in with talk of Jones being extended. 

Where there's a will there's a way.  If Packer brass want Bak and Jones they'll find a way.  If they want Bak and King they'll find a way.  It all boils down to which player(s) they want ... the money will be there/found.

I really want to keep Bakh, but if he insists on top pay, which he deserves, it's gonna be tough to sign him long term.

For King, looking at the big picture, Jaire is up for a new contract in 2022. Do the Packers want to pay both King and Jaire? That's a lot of money for your top two CBs. I'm thinking I'd let one of them walk, not sure on which one. I'd probably let King go, but who knows?!?

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

I really want to keep Bakh, but if he insists on top pay, which he deserves, it's gonna be tough to sign him long term.

For King, looking at the big picture, Jaire is up for a new contract in 2022. Do the Packers want to pay both King and Jaire? That's a lot of money for your top two CBs. I'm thinking I'd let one of them walk, not sure on which one. I'd probably let King go, but who knows?!?

Kevin King literally wasn't targeted against the Lions, it was quite a day for him FWIW

47 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

gun to your head, do you make sure King gets a second contract here?

If King makes it to week 8-9 ish of the season and has been healthy and consistent in his performance, I would certainly look to get an extension done.  

Boundary corner with 84.6 passer rating against is pretty solid

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KingKe01.htm#all_snap_counts

Games Pass Coverage Pass Rush Tackles
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Tgt Cmp Cmp% Yds Yds/Cmp Yds/Tgt TD Rat DADOT Air YAC Bltz Hrry QBKD Sk Prss Comb MTkl MTkl%
2018 23 GNB RCB 20 6 6 1 24 13 54.2% 143 11.0 6.0 3 94.3 12.0 94 49 1 0 0 0.0 0 17 3 15.0%
2019 24 GNB RCB 20 15 14 5 85 50 58.8% 864 17.3 10.2 4 84.6 12.6 594 270 1 0 0 1.0 1 66 14 17.5%
2020 25 GNB cb 20 2 2 0 6 4 66.7% 65 16.3 10.8 0 102.8 13.0 32 33 0 0 0 0.0 0 9 3 25.0%

I've bitched and expressed concern with Turner at RT after he struggled in pass protection at times at RG last year... but in his first start at RT, I have to admit, I didn't notice him... though I haven't watched him closely and I always suspected they'd have to use a TE to help him, and there were lots of TEs action, but still, small sample, and it needs to be looked into more, but I might of been concerned for nothing.

Also I still find it interesting Patrick over Wagner.

46 minutes ago, Beast said:

I've bitched and expressed concern with Turner at RT after he struggled in pass protection at times at RG last year... but in his first start at RT, I have to admit, I didn't notice him... though I haven't watched him closely and I always suspected they'd have to use a TE to help him, and there were lots of TEs action, but still, small sample, and it needs to be looked into more, but I might of been concerned for nothing.

Also I still find it interesting Patrick over Wagner.

I watched Turner quite a bit, going against Jordan.  He was quite good. (Turner)  Much, much better than I thought he'd be.  Maybe more powerful than Wagner.  And his feet looked quick and his back looked straight.  All positive things.

Saints defense impressed me with all their looks and audibles.

Cat and mouse with Rodgers.  And that o-line kept Aaron pretty clean.  They flat out play great run D, so it didn't surprise me that we couldn't really get humming on that front, but the pass protection was impressive to me.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I watched Turner quite a bit, going against Jordan.  He was quite good. (Turner)  Much, much better than I thought he'd be.  Maybe more powerful than Wagner.  And his feet looked quick and his back looked straight.  All positive things.

Saints defense impressed me with all their looks and audibles.

Cat and mouse with Rodgers.  And that o-line kept Aaron pretty clean.  They flat out play great run D, so it didn't surprise me that we couldn't really get humming on that front, but the pass protection was impressive to me.  

It’s really all about effort and consistency with Turner. Seems like whenever he gets off to a good start, he’s more than serviceable but when he doesn’t you’re almost better served getting him out of the game 

• Like 1

Stenosis is the best OLine coach we have had in a long time. I realize it is also a function of offensive scheme,  but I have seen good play by everyone. I expected the lack of a preseason, that it would be spotty play, but that isn't the case at all. OL, more than anyone, need the reps playing together to get the assignments, adjustments and especially the timing down with their unit.

Therefore, I would let Bahl walk if he demands top dollar. Would love to keep him, he is playing very well this season. Last 2 seasons, I thought he was slipping. Put the money into extending our CBs, and put some draft capital into our OL and count on the coaching staff to get them up to speed.