Shanedorf

2020 Green Bay Packers OL

27 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yeah i imagine letting go Wagner, bringing in a high rookie and giving Bakh Wagners $ is the way we go.

I think Ray makes a great point. Probably see a good deal of 1 year contracts

Leramy Tunsil? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Every teams leverage play this year is going to be "look you can sign this market fair deal with us, because it's all we can afford, or you can hit the market and hope one of the teams that suck with cap room like you enough to give you the deal you want."

Crappy year to be a FA. Lots of 1-2 year deals I imagine. 

agreed.  I am anticipating a lot of short term deals or significantly back loaded deals with so many teams potentially being tight against the cap. 

Might be a nice time for some teams that have cap space to be able to corner the market on some upper tier players and get good value.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Might be a nice time for some teams that have cap space to be able to corner the market on some upper tier players and get good value.

The top 10 in cap space are the usual suspects and teams that you might not love to play for. Of course, if the money is right you put on the hat and sign on the dotted line. 

There are a few interesting teams in that group, number one being NE.  They more often than not find the right piece in free agency, but need a QB.

The other team, Mia  will have tons of draft capital, seems like they have their man and might quickly become a force, especially if the Pats are no longer destroying that division. They could make a play for a lineman in FA and the draft. Could be a fun team over the next few years. 

Edited by Refugee

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Every teams leverage play this year is going to be "look you can sign this market fair deal with us, because it's all we can afford, or you can hit the market and hope one of the teams that suck with cap room like you enough to give you the deal you want."

Crappy year to be a FA. Lots of 1-2 year deals I imagine. 

You probably can get lower cap hits with longer deals, so I'm not sure that's gonna be true for the high end guys (though with the guys with 5M salaries it's probably what's gonna happen). I don't sea Bakhtiari signing a 2Y/25M deal. He'll average 20M per year.

• Like 1

Bakhtiari signs 4 year extension. Rumored at 4 years, 105.5 mil. Good news but the cap reality now sets in. 

*just saw this has it’s own thread, which it deserves. 

Edited by Refugee

Rookie guard and brute squad member Simon Stepaniak practiced with the team today.  This opens up a 21 day window where we have to activate him, put him back down for the year or release him(not happening).  The only way I see him getting the call up is with an injury to our interior, so I hope he stays down, but it's good that he will get some real practice in with the team.  The general consensus is that he's strong as hell and plays with a mean streak.  These are the guys you want on that wall.

• Like 2

Elgton Jenkins shows his versatility taking the majority of snaps at C when Linsley goes down. A bad back is not good for a lineman and Corey has had issues the past few seasons. Jenkins moves bodies and didn’t seem to change the rhythm of the offense while in there. I think he helps us more at different spots on the line but it’s awesome that he can play at a high level at so many positions.

Runyan had some + and - from what I could see. Still think we have a starting G possible backup T there.

My take: very solid pass pro very mediocre run blocking, again. This has too long been our MO and I’m hoping it will continue to change under LaFleur. 3rd &1, 4th &1 you need to be confident you can go and get it or you can’t say you’re a top offense. That was a tough front today and next week no easier. Our line will look different next year but the vets need to make this year count.

Edited by Refugee