2020 Green Bay Packers OL

Shanedorf

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Ray is right

your brain is fooled because he's moving before everyone else reacts, not before the actual ball is snapped. So it appears he's moving early but he's not.

If that's the case, why isn't it happening every single play, theres some plays where he moves when everyone else moves and some plays where its clear and obvious. I know there's a delay from the field to what I see on TV but you can't honestly say that is the reason. There are clear slow motion plays of him moving slightly before the ball is snapped.

This is obviously just one game. Personally I think Bak has just timed Rogers cadence perfectly when he hits whatever the snap count is on, faster than what the center can snap at or they could actually practice this knowing the ref can't look at two places at once,  kind of like the delay of game, it takes an extra half a second to look at the play clock then look to see if the ball is snapped. Every team is looking to find some kind of advantage and personally I could see Rogers coming up with this kind of idea.

But if you have time to break down the whole TV theory, I'd be more than glad to read and understand.

Edited by dwaye50327

1 hour ago, dwaye50327 said:

If that's the case, why isn't it happening every single play, theres some plays where he moves when everyone else moves and some plays where its clear and obvious. I know there's a delay from the field to what I see on TV but you can't honestly say that is the reason. There are clear slow motion plays of him moving slightly before the ball is snapped.

This is obviously just one game. Personally I think Bak has just timed Rogers cadence perfectly when he hits whatever the snap count is on, faster than what the center can snap at or they could actually practice this knowing the ref can't look at two places at once,  kind of like the delay of game, it takes an extra half a second to look at the play clock then look to see if the ball is snapped. Every team is looking to find some kind of advantage and personally I could see Rogers coming up with this kind of idea.

But if you have time to break down the whole TV theory, I'd be more than glad to read and understand.

Every one of those plays are blatant false starts. He's obviously moving before the ball. DB has been doing this for years. If he truly does religiously look at the ball pre-snap, then all of those instances are surely intentional. The fact that it doesn't happen on every snap argues against some type of general reaction time difference between him and the other OL.

In my opinion, this is a conscious strategy they've worked out, an attempt to gain an unfair advantage. He employs it selectively to stay below the radar. It's cheating, it's ugly and it needs to stop.  

6 minutes ago, Les Punting said:

Every one of those plays are blatant false starts. He's obviously moving before the ball. DB has been doing this for years. If he truly does religiously look at the ball pre-snap, then all of those instances are surely intentional. The fact that it doesn't happen on every snap argues against some type of general reaction time difference between him and the other OL.

In my opinion, this is a conscious strategy they've worked out, an attempt to gain an unfair advantage. He employs it selectively to stay below the radar. It's cheating, it's ugly and it needs to stop.  

If they were blatant false starts, you wouldn't need slow motion to demonstrate that point. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Les Punting said:

He's riding a line the officials draw, just like CB's grabbing. He's one of the most penalized players in the game, between this year and last, and as a whole false start looks to be down this year. It's not cheating it's testing the boundaries.

Edited by HighCalebR

7 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Lol this is ridiculous.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Imagine being so mad that a player is good that you demand he be worse.

If it was cheating, why hasn't the league already done something about it? With so much film out there of every game, you think if it was THAT blatant they would of put the kibosh on it.

But ofc it's gotta because them zebras love the Packers so much huh? 😏

Edited by Gopackgonerd

10 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Every one of those plays are blatant false starts. He's obviously moving before the ball. DB has been doing this for years. If he truly does religiously look at the ball pre-snap, then all of those instances are surely intentional. The fact that it doesn't happen on every snap argues against some type of general reaction time difference between him and the other OL. In my opinion, this is a conscious strategy they've worked out, an attempt to gain an unfair advantage. He employs it selectively to stay below the radar. It's cheating, it's ugly and it needs to stop.  

If Bak gets a "critical moment" false start flag.....I'm blaming you.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:31 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

You don't spend 200 picks with the assumption that they start. He's a lottery ticket. You hope and pray that he's functional depth, and anything beyond that is a massive bonus. 

Anybody who claims to know what this line is going to look like to Bakhtiari's right is lying. This Packers staff doesn't even know. 

Every bit of this is truth.  The Packers' 2020 OL is going to be dictated by by the slew of IOLs they drafted last year.  One of Stepaniak, Runyan, and Hanson are either going to be our starting LG or C.  Jenkins plays the other.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:40 PM, Joe said:

I think that's a bit extreme. I get that he's considered a lottery ticket because that's your philosophy, but the fact that he's a pure Center prospect drafted about the same time Linsley was begs the argument that this is the exception to the rule if you're framing it as such... 

...oh yeah plus the fact that we've never spent a Day 1 or Day 2 pick on a guy that was supposed to be a Pure Center...

47 picks is about the same time?  That's nearly a round and a half difference.  Hanson was a lottery ticket, Linsley wasn't.

Well, our  all-pro, all important LT is gone while the ink is barely dry on his market setting contract.  If there is one way to slow down the Pack, or any team, it’s to collapse the pocket with a strong rush from minimum amount of players while the linebackers cause havoc in the middle and the secondary takes away the downfield shots. 

Teams that have the talent to do that tend to be in the playoffs and LAR and TB come to mind as NFC teams that could try to dash our dreams.

Of course who will play LT is now the biggest question going into week 17 and beyond. I believe it will be Turner but the plan will become more clear tomorrow.

Braden has been called up, he seems like a big, bad guy and I know someone here was talking him up but up til now he has not seen much action.  Stepaniak is someone I’m excited about but if he’s on the field this year, things have gone wrong.

May we all lay some offerings at the altar of strong bones and ligaments and  see this line rise to the occasion. 

44 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Well, our  all-pro, all important LT is gone while the ink is barely dry on his market setting contract.  If there is one way to slow down the Pack, or any team, it’s to collapse the pocket with a strong rush from minimum amount of players while the linebackers cause havoc in the middle and the secondary takes away the downfield shots. 

Teams that have the talent to do that tend to be in the playoffs and LAR and TB come to mind as NFC teams that could try to dash our dreams.

Of course who will play LT is now the biggest question going into week 17 and beyond. I believe it will be Turner but the plan will become more clear tomorrow.

Braden has been called up, he seems like a big, bad guy and I know someone here was talking him up but up til now he has not seen much action.  Stepaniak is someone I’m excited about but if he’s on the field this year, things have gone wrong.

May we all lay some offerings at the altar of strong bones and ligaments and  see this line rise to the occasion. 

Yes, I think that's a recipe for success against ANY offense. We, luckily, have the best in the league and the most difficult for other teams to try to do that against!

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yes, I think that's a recipe for success against ANY offense. We, luckily, have the best in the league and the most difficult for other teams to try to do that against!

So far this season, we have passed most tests thrown at us but that TB game and more recently the 5 sacks in the Carolina game show there is a chance to get through, even with 69 in there.

In some ways, it may make AR more conscious of the internal clock to get the ball out on time.  Off schedule Aaron is what makes him special but this offense can thrive if we keep moving the chains with quick shots to set up bigger plays and very few are as good at seeing where the pressure is coming from. 

Everything is more intense in the postseason including the hits so let’s keep our guy clean and hope the line steps up as they have been all year. 

• Like 1