DK Metcalf Vs Deebo Samuel

N4L

Choose  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• DK Metcalf
    • Deebo Samuel

You can look at it as who is better now, who would you rather have next season, and/or who is going to have the better career? whatever lense you want to evaluate this comparison through, go ahead

Two division rival WRs who were from the same draft and had relatively similar numbers:

DK Metcalf: 16 games, 100 Targets, 58 Receptions, 900 yards, 15.5 Y/R, 7 TDs, 3 Fumbles, 2 Rushes 11 Yards

Deebo Samuel 15 Games, 81 Targets, 57 receptions, 802 yards, 14.1 Y/R, 3 TDs, 2 Fumbles, 14 Rushes 159 Yards and 3 Rushing TDs

I was going to go with Samuel because of DKM collegiate durability, but changed my mind. I’ll go with Metcalf because he’s playing with Russell Wilson, I’ll bank on that connection.

Thus I predict he’ll have the superior 2020 season.

Edited by diamondbull424

Tough to say, so I'll just go with my personal preference which is I tend to prefer my WRs to have height. Kenny Golladay is a perfect example of one of my ideal types of WRs. Size/speed combo. Calvin Johnson was another. The prototype, honestly. If you're not going to have that height, you better be elite at separating from defenders in the NFL or you better be one of the best route runners alive. Deebo is neither of those (yet, at least) so I'll take Metcalf just because that's the type of receiver I prefer to have my QB throwing to. 

I think Metcalf would thrive in almost every offense, while Samuel is amazing at certain plays, like sweeps, but can't really do it in every system. Aka you have to adjust some plays to him, which isn't a huge deal obviously but still something you would rather avoid. 

I'm taking Metcalf just bc he's more of a true WR 1 than Samuel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Killashaw said:

I think Metcalf would thrive in almost every offense, while Samuel is amazing at certain plays, like sweeps, but can't really do it in every system. Aka you have to adjust some plays to him, which isn't a huge deal obviously but still something you would rather avoid. 

I'm taking Metcalf just bc he's more of a true WR 1 than Samuel.

I'm not sure about that. There are certain teams where Metcalf wouldn't be as good. Seattle uses his skillset very well and it certainly helps he has a QB who is good with the deep ball. 

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I honestly think that both are a little overrated. Both landed in perfect landing spots for their skillsets. I think that AJ Brown and Terry McLaurin are both better players.

Brown and McLaurin may be better, but not sure how that makes Deebo and Metcalf overrated? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not sure about that. There are certain teams where Metcalf wouldn't be as good. Seattle uses his skillset very well and it certainly helps he has a QB who is good with the deep ball. 

Brown and McLaurin may be better, but not sure how that makes Deebo and Metcalf overrated? 

Because I don't think that they are good players in every system. Actually, I think there's a fair chance that they both could fall flat on their faces in the wrong situation. I think that both could be good players in their current situations though.

Compare that to AJ Brown and Scary Terry who both were in BAD situations and proved to be very good players. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Because I don't think that they are good players in every system. Actually, I think there's a fair chance that they both could fall flat on their faces in the wrong situation. I think that both could be good players in their current situations though.

Compare that to AJ Brown and Scary Terry who both were in BAD situations and proved to be very good players. 

Got it. Though I don't think AJ's situation was terrible, especially after Tannehill took over. But thanks for the explanation. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

I don’t think there’s a wrong answer here. The choice is dependent on scheme fit and what each offense is looking for in a receiver.

Though I will say Metcalf’s ability is rarer. 

I said the same when this conversation came up elsewhere.  I think Deebo was 100% the right choice for Shanny and that scheme. But I think Metcalf is he superior option for a lot of other teams. 

• Like 2