Teams can no longer block assistant coaches from interviewing for Coordinator positions

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Wow. I didn't even know teams could do that. That's messed up. Great change. 

Yes, that's why Zimmer was able to keep Stefanski when he made John DeFilippo the OC in 2018.  He blocked Pat Shurmur from hiring Stefanski as OC for the Giants...it all worked out in the end anyway.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The Bengals helped the Broncos win a Super Bowl with their classless move to block Vance Joseph from interviewing to be our DC. Hired Wade Phillips instead. 

Yeah that was a weird situation.  That's the only time i can remember the Bengals blocking anyone, ever.  At the time i thought maybe they were earmarking him to move up, but then that never happened and he went to the Dolphins as the DC.  I can't remember if his contract expired though, or if the Bengals just didn't block him that time.

As a fan of people being able to improve their status and situation withinn the league, I 100% love this change. It was very clear that there were upgrades / promotions that weren't considered as such. 

As a 49er fan, this blows. 

• Like 1