Who wins?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC South Champ?

• The Incumbent - Houston
    • The Overachiever - Tennessee
    • The Old Guard - Indianapolis
    • The Bad Boy - Jacksonville

I figured we could start this talk...

- The Incumbent: Houston Texans. I think they did a few... questionable things this off-season. The only team in the division with a franchise QB, and the only team in the division with a franchise killing HC/GM collecting one paycheck. Do the Texans manage to win a 5th division title in the Bill O'Brien era?

- The Overachiever: Tennessee Titans. Nobody expected a backdoor 6th seed to make it to the AFCCG, but lookie what we have here. Ryan Tannehill enters as the unquestioned starter, but what will be done with the workhorse RB Derrick Henry? Is he playing on the tag?

- The Old Guard: Indianapolis Colts. The franchise is ushering in their 4th starting QB since the formation of the AFCS, Phillip Rivers. With Rivers playing his style of accurate football along with an OL and two RBs capable of running for an obscene amount of yards, can the Colts pull this off?

- The Bad Boy: Jacksonville Jaguars. The stench of Tom Coughlin is still waifing through the facility (old man smell, no less). Gardner Minshew just finished smoking a carton of no filter cigarettes and crushing a six pack of Miller High Life, will that be enough for him to carry the Jags to the title?

Discuss.

• Like 1

The only way Houston does is if Deshaun plays at a MVP level.

I really want to like Tennessee, but we’ve seen situations like Tannehill before. He’s a prime candidate to fall off a cliff.

Indianapolis is really tricky. They have the best HC in the division imo. However, I don’t like their roster as a whole.

I need to see how Yans situation in Jacksonville plays out. If he sticks around, they’re my dark horse pick to win the division. I think VERY highly of the 2 kids they drafted, especially Henderson.

If Yan leaves, I pick Indy. If Yan stays, Jacksonville comes out of nowhere to win it.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

My gut says Jaguars.

Minshew should thrive in Gruden’s system. They are transitioning to more of a 3-4 and this off-season they focused on being able to stop the run. Something they couldn’t do last season. Al Woods, Gunter and Hamilton will definitely help in that aspect. Josh Allen, Yan (until further notice) and Chaisson coming off the edge. Yes please daddy. 

From worst to first. Take it to the bank. 

This division is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

If Rivers can avoid the turnovers unlike last season, I think the Colts win it. Titans could get there with their run game alone.

I feel like the Texans are going to completely fall off and mercifully see the end of BOB.

Not sure what to make of the jags. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think Tennessee wins this crap division, but really no team would surprise me. 

I think the Colts slide, as do the Texans. 

Something like:

Titans: 10-6 

Colts: 7-9

Jaguars: 6-10

Texans: 5-11

I don’t think any of these teams are contenders

You say this division is crap but tell me another division that had 3 of the four teams make the AFCCG in the last 5 seasons.

• Like 6