Who wins?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC South Champ?

• The Incumbent - Houston
    • The Overachiever - Tennessee
    • The Old Guard - Indianapolis
    • The Bad Boy - Jacksonville

36 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t care about the past. The division is crap. 

So, what would constitute a good division? AFCS and NFCN were the only two divisions with two teams in the Divisional round in the playoffs, and both Houston and Tennessee lost to the eventual Super Bowl winner.

I mean, I get you don't care about the past, but what's your measurement on this?

• Like 3

Tennessee is solid in pretty much every aspect on the field, not great, but soild at least pretty much all over. If there's a team that is an actual contender it's them. I think they win the division by a game or 2, and Indy might get a WC.

Tennessee or Indianapolis, IMO. I've always liked Tannehill, but I'm sure he'll regress a bit. Still, if he can even just be the solid QB that he's always been then they should have a chance at winning the division.

Indianapolis comes down to how well Rivers plays. He has the OL, the weapons, and a seemingly good HC, so Indy's playoff chances come down to how well he plays.

Houston has a chance simply because of Watson, but I wouldn't bet on them winning the division.

I'm actually a fan of Minshew. Not sure how good he'll ultimately end up being, but even if he proves he's the real deal this year, there's still too many question marks on their roster for me to think they have a serious chance of contending for the playoffs.

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t care about the past. The division is crap. 

Feel like this is a tad harsh truthfully.

As much as we can hate on BOB and the destruction he's done to HOU, they still have Watson who is one of the best there is who will will them to the playoffs and can surprise.

I expect the Titans to drop off some but Tanny is still a solid QB who has a potent running game and solid defense at his disposal. Likely a team in the thick of the playoff race.

Not a Rivers fan but behind that OL and with Reich they're likely in that territory too.

Jaguars are extremely young and I'd say profile as a 5-7 win team, could be better or could be worse depending on Minshews development. 

Seems like it's a thing every off-season to trash on the division, but given the success over the past few years with the amount of teams from the division making it and making a deep playoff run...

• Like 1

The AFCS has proven to be one of the toughest divisions in the league the last few years. It’s just fun for people to make fun of BOB, laugh at Jacksonville’s management, and come away shocked when they find out that there really actually is an NFL team in Nashville.

• Like 2

@ET80 @.Buzz

I don’t think any of the teams in that division are Super Bowl contenders. No team is atrocious, but do you really see Ryan Tannehill hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in February? They’re the closest to getting there and I can’t see them duplicating their success with Tannehill at QB. 

The quarterback play is bad in the division IMO. 

Minshew is a fringe starter. He looked ok as a rookie, but he’s easily the least dependable QB in the division. Plus the rest of the team in Jacksonville is ‘meh’ or in the state of development.

Tannehill was a flash in the pan. He was very lucky he got to play with an unstoppable run game. When teams slow Henry, it’s over for that team. You have to be able to throw the ball to win eventually. 

Watson is good, but the team around him is in shambles. And their coach is a moron. I didn’t crucify them for the Hopkins trade, but I just didn’t like what they did this off-season even regardless of the bad Hopkins trade. They were the big losers of the off-season IMO. 

Rivers is done. I think he stunk last year and I think he stinks this year again. Plus I think the rest of the talent in Indy is overrated highly. I like their OL and I like the Buckner trade, but I think they’re going to get molested through the air and Rivers will hold them back, rather than propel them forward.

I think the AFC North and the NFC West are the two best divisions in football next season. They have good to great QB play pretty much throughout the division and good supporting casts. That’s just my opinion though. 

29 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t think any of the teams in that division are Super Bowl contenders. No team is atrocious, but do you really see Ryan Tannehill hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in February? They’re the closest to getting there and I can’t see them duplicating their success with Tannehill at QB

Yeah but your assertion was the division is trash (it’s been proven pretty clearly that it’s not) and now it’s the division doesn’t have any Super Bowl contenders?

Nobody saw Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, or Eli Manning hoisting Lombardi trophies in February either. And that’s just from this past decade. It’s a team sport and Tannehill’s a good QB that can do a lot with the supporting cast we’ve surrounded him with. It’s just as likely he hoists a Lombardi trophy as it is for anybody else in the AFC besides Mahomes

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Is he really though? I don't think he's utter garbage, but is he really in the top 16 QB's in the league? I don't think he is.

In no particular order I would definitively put Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Watson, Jackson, Ryan, Wentz, and Prescott over him. Roethlisberger as well if he proves he’s healthy. Tannehill’s in that 12-14 range as things sit now, but that can fluctuate based on your surroundings as we saw last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

@ET80 @.Buzz

I think the AFC North and the NFC West are the two best divisions in football next season. 

You had me until you got to the AFC North as one of the best divisions in football. Outside of Baltimore (who Tennessee beat, in the biggest game of the year in Baltimore last season) the division is basically a 37 year old Ben Roethlensberger and a trainwreck.

It's not a stretch to say that the two worst teams in football are in the AFC North. Joe Burrow might be good, but he's not going to do well behind a patchwork OL and a LT coming off of a torn labrum who has yet to play a snap of NFL football. Cleveland has lost all benefit of doubt after last years' debacle, they are not claim to be better than anyone until they can get to 8-8. Every year I hear it's "the year" so forgive me if I'm thinking that record is just skipping at this point.

I'll give you the NFC West all day long in this discussion. AFC North might be leading in the discussion for worst division in football with Cincy and Cleveland.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t think any of the teams in that division are Super Bowl contenders. No team is atrocious, but do you really see Ryan Tannehill hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in February? They’re the closest to getting there and I can’t see them duplicating their success with Tannehill at QB. 

Moving the goalpost here, Vans.

• Like 1