ET80

Who wins?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC South Champ?

• The Incumbent - Houston
    • The Overachiever - Tennessee
    • The Old Guard - Indianapolis
    • The Bad Boy - Jacksonville

Calais is a quality DL still but the guy is a shell of his former self. Absolutely love the man but he's not his dominant self anymore. Now going into next year another year older...

I agree with everyone regarding the Browns. They've been hyped for a few years now in the off-season as a team that will take off. I'm not taking them over Indy who is a lock to be right around .500, with potential to be more depending on Rivers with Reich and that OL.

Then you have HOU and TEN who both made the playoffs and likely flirt with 10 wins versus BAL (probably the best of the bunch but not by much) and a PIT team that I've already talked about with a 38 y/o Big Ben. Gimme the AFCS overall, and I hate hyping TEN and HOU.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Pees is a big loss, but Yanda is also a big loss for Baltimore’s o-line. Also why expect regression from Tannehill/Henry, but not expect any regression for any of Baltimore’s players, like Jackson for example?

Henry had a large number of carries last season, and RBs almost always have an off year afterwards.  That and a career season in general, when you should expect regression.

I don't think he'll suddenly be a sub-1000 yard back, but he's not going to dominate like he did last season twice in a row, or he really is a generational player.

For Tannehill, it's a long career with a stellar season like six years in.  Those are not usually indicative of future performance, just ask the Amish Rifle.

Edited by Daniel

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I must be old because I have no idea what he's even saying.

My plans: To have a great year.

2020: Has not been a great year.

It is a meme suggesting A.) is good and B.) is bad.

Tannehill is to ideal good as Mariota is to reality of suffering through life.

Edit: The guy knows it is a joke/controversial so he says *Runs and ducks* at the end to avoid the ensuing hate storm he thought he instigated. It's akin to two fifth graders spilling the secret the Jake likes the girl in the other classroom and is going to ask her to be his girlfriend at recess. That is all twitter is.

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 1

With Watson, Houston could be the Patriots of the AFC South with a competent HC and GM. Instead they have BoB, so one of the other teams is always going to have a chance. I'm picking Tennessee. They'll need a better pass rush to reach the next level, but they have the best QB/RB duo and I trust them more in the clutch.

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Henry had a large number of carries last season, and RBs almost always have an off year afterwards.  That and a career season in general, when you should expect regression.

I don't think he'll suddenly be a sub-1000 yard back, but he's not going to dominate like he did last season twice in a row, or he really is a generational player.

For Tannehill, it's a long career with a stellar season like six years in.  Those are not usually indicative of future performance, just ask the Amish Rifle.

That’s fine and all regarding Henry and Tanny, but you mention in a career season we should expect a regression. Jackson led the greatest rushing attack in NFL history last year. Why apply a regression to our guys and not theirs who performed at historic levels?

Just now, dtait93 said:

That’s fine and all regarding Henry and Tanny, but you mention in a career season we should expect a regression. Jackson led the greatest rushing attack in NFL history last year. Why apply a regression to our guys and not theirs who performed at historic levels?

Because he's in his second season.  You know that's not the same.

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

APPLY IT TO BOT

58 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

My plans: To have a great year.

2020: Has not been a great year.

It is a meme suggesting A.) is good and B.) is bad.

Tannehill is to ideal good as Mariota is to reality of suffering through life.

Edit: The guy knows it is a joke/controversial so he says *Runs and ducks* at the end to avoid the ensuing hate storm he thought he instigated. It's akin to two fifth graders spilling the secret the Jake likes the girl in the other classroom and is going to ask her to be his girlfriend at recess. That is all twitter is.

Is it normal to be more confused on that meme AFTER reading what you said?

Asking for a friend. Myself.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Because he's in his second season.  You know that's not the same.

You expect him to have the greatest rushing attack in the entire history of the NFL for a second season in a row? That’s more of a stretch than saying Henry will run for 1500 yards and double digit TD’s again.

15 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

You expect him to have the greatest rushing attack in the entire history of the NFL for a second season in a row? That’s more of a stretch than saying Henry will run for 1500 yards and double digit TD’s again.

No, and that's not what I'm saying.  Patrick Mahomes had a record 2018, and he regressed in 19 because yes, historical things don't happen twice in a row like that.  But he was still an elite QB in 2019.  That's not really regression, that's an elite player still playing at a slightly less elite level.  I'm talking about significant steps backward.  Henry and Tannehill are both in situation where historically, almost every player in similar situations regressed drastically.  Jackson isn't.  They're two different things, and that's why it makes sense to say only one of those should regress significantly.

• Like 1