Positive sign of things to come AKA no news is good news

Horseunit

I just wanted to point out that so far this off-season it has been a true blessing not to hear any Browns players in the news for negative actions.  Hopefully this means that players are starting to buy into Stefanski and his clear message that everything is about the team and individual actions will not be tolerated.  What a change from last season where this team clearly had no discipline. Hope this also translates to less stupid drive killing penalties when they do play again.  They had way too many of those last season.   

Meme Drop - Meme

Cheers to maybe for once having a disciplined team that plays smart football!

Edited by Horseunit
  • Like 2

Freddie was very team first oriented but that didn't mean anything. Players who always play hard always play hard, those that don't won't. Some players get frustrated and sulk, it will happen for us at some point this year. Some players just want a good paying job and make some business decisions on the field, some of those players will make our team. A coach isn't going to change a lot with his mentality because everyone has their own mentality.

We just need him to be able to adjust, something Freddie swore by but didn't do last year.

We need Chubb to do his thing (but not carry the ball 30 times a game either).

We need Baker to be protected and he needs to make smart decisions whether he is protected or not. Unless OBJ is OBJ from 4 years ago don't trust him in one on one situations to make the play, find a better alternative.

We need OBJ to be healthy and show he is a #1 receiver. We need Landry to be who he was last year minus a couple disinterested moments.

The D-Line has to be a good bit better. Garrett will get his but he could be more disruptive at times but the other guys have a lot more slack to pick up than he does so if they take care of their business Garrett's effectiveness should jump also.

LB will probably be a weakness.

We should be good enough in the secondary.

Much like last year the defense should be good with a lead. They will likely struggle against the run again so it's up to our offense to dictate the game. Go up by a couple scores and let the defense gamble and make plays.

If the offense struggles again this year we're looking at 5 wins.The defense probably can't carry us to (m)any wins.

Run, playaction and an uptempo passing game when we are forced to pass.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Thomas said everything perfectly.

The defense is being built to protect a lead. They can *maybe* be dominant and win 1-2 games, but that’s it.

I say this even if we landed Clowney.

It really depends on Greedys development. The LBs are less than ideal. No way to spin it other than that. If greedy and ward can be pro bowl level together that could make up for a lot. But I’m not expecting a whole lot from this defense. 

41 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It really depends on Greedys development. The LBs are less than ideal. No way to spin it other than that. If greedy and ward can be pro bowl level together that could make up for a lot. But I’m not expecting a whole lot from this defense. 

There’s only 2 guys I expect to perform at a high end level - Denzel and Myles.

I’m hopeful for Greedy playing good to very-good.

44 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Don't forget Delpin.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

There’s only 2 guys I expect to perform at a high end level - Denzel and Myles.

I’m hopeful for Greedy playing good to very-good.

I’m cautious about ward and greedy. Another year in a zone heavy defense. They’re man corners. I don’t like them being in this defense. Greedy especially. I really hope they improve from last year. I know the numbers said ward was good but the eye test wasn’t great. 

• Like 2