Positive sign of things to come AKA no news is good news

Horseunit

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m expecting him to be average. He’s a good cover FS. Those guys don’t take long to adapt. He’ll probably play a lot of cover 2. Easy for a rookie. 

Hmmm...according to some in here he will be our Ed Reed.

45 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m cautious about ward and greedy. Another year in a zone heavy defense. They’re man corners. I don’t like them being in this defense. Greedy especially. I really hope they improve from last year. I know the numbers said ward was good but the eye test wasn’t great. 

You’re right. I don’t like that our 4th overall pick isn’t being used as a man to man CB.

Here’s how I feel about zone coverage. After watching Pittsburgh run it since the beginning of time, it can work.

It works EXTREMELY well against inexperienced QBs. Our CBs will do well against the Bengals, Redskins, Jets, Giants, and Jaguars purely for a schematic reason. However, they will have a schematic disadvantage against Indy, Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Houston.

Edited by candyman93

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m cautious about ward and greedy. Another year in a zone heavy defense. They’re man corners. I don’t like them being in this defense. Greedy especially. I really hope they improve from last year. I know the numbers said ward was good but the eye test wasn’t great. 

Is Woods a primarily a zone scheme DC? Thought with Denver he used both man and zone? Read stuff that he loved being able to play both kinds of coverages to keep offenses guessing. That if your a man team, the opposing offense will run nothing but man beater schemes

24 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Is Woods a primarily a zone scheme DC? Thought with Denver he used both man and zone? Read stuff that he loved being able to play both kinds of coverages to keep offenses guessing. That if your a man team, the opposing offense will run nothing but man beater schemes

I have read that he ran primarily zone in SF DEN.

However, I believe he has said that he will tailor the D to the talent.

Edited by bruceb
Correction

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Hmmm...according to some in here he will be our Ed Reed.

Easy there, bunos. 

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

I hope he does.  Unfortunately, a lot of coaches say a lot of stuff, and tailoring the scheme to the players is a common talking point (unrelated to whether or not they actually end up doing it).  A mixed scheme with a lot of man coverage seems like a good choice for our corners.

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Don't forget Delpin.

dolphin-tile-13219-1B.jpg

Edited by NudeTayne
Ed Reed happens year 2.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I hope he does.  Unfortunately, a lot of coaches say a lot of stuff, and tailoring the scheme to the players is a common talking point (unrelated to whether or not they actually end up doing it).

Come to think of it, that's about what Wilkes said, too.

11 hours ago, bruceb said:

Well In SF, it wasn’t his scheme. Saleh was a Seattle guy. He followed Gus Bradley to Jacksonville then was hired by 9ers. Saleh is running that Seattle scheme, hence why Sherman was so good in it. 

Edited by buno67

Just one of the Hypocrisies of the offseaon.....last week our young QB was ripped for organizing workouts with his WR's....I looked or the article but couldnt find it. Saying he was a hot head and doing the wrong thing trying to be a leader. 

Then nothing said about Rothlessburger doing the same ish?

https://www.nfl.com/news/ryan-switzer-ben-roethlisberger-let-it-rip-in-throwing-session

Why I dont pay that much attention to the Media.....its bad when Baker Mayfield does it....but Good when Ben Rothlessberger does it? WOW......just wow....LMAO

• Like 2