Who are your favorite possible coaching candidates for 2021?

JAF-N72EX

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I agree that Nagy was profoundly "too cute" last year. 

I feel like I'm the only one who has caught onto this. But I've been saying all along that Nagy is not sticking with the same system that he was taught, and one that we were promised we would get when he got here, which is a KC and Philly like offense.

Instead, he seems to be trying to create his own path and has been shooting himself in the foot because of it. 

This is why I shake my head every time I hear or read someone say anything along of the lines of "Nagy runs the same offense as KC and Philly".....because it's not true AT ALL and I wish people would stop saying it! Even it should be the same.

Nagy needs to realize that he only has about 35 games under his belt as a play-caller with no head-coaching experience. This is not the time to try and revamp the system. Stick with the basics that made you a hot commodity in free agency in the first place and be sure that it works BEFORE trying to recreate history.

6 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't know man...that a HORRIBLE pitch by Trubisky. It's even kind of a spastic motion by him altogether. And I'm not one to let Cohen's terrible play last season off easily. 

The screen he could have easily thrown. It would have been a positive play. 

The ball was tossed lightly and hit Cohen right in the numbers as he was looking for it, so he was expecting it.  Cohen is a professional, he should have controlled the ball before trying to run with it--that's football 101 that you learn in high school. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I feel like I'm the only one who has caught onto this. But I've been saying all along that Nagy is not sticking with the same system that he was taught, and one that we were promised we would get when he got here, which is a KC and Philly like offense.

Instead, he seems to be trying to create his own path and has been shooting himself in the foot because of it. 

This is why I shake my head every time I hear or read someone say anything along of the lines of "Nagy runs the same offense as KC and Philly".....because it's not true AT ALL and I wish people would stop saying it! Even it should be the same.

Nagy needs to realize that he only has about 35 games under his belt as a play-caller with no head-coaching experience. This is not the time to try and revamp the system. Stick with the basics that made you a hot commodity in free agency in the first place and be sure that it works BEFORE trying to recreate history.

The ball was tossed lightly and hit Cohen right in the numbers as he was looking for it, so he was expecting it.  Cohen is a professional, he should have controlled the ball before trying to run with it--that's football 101 that you learn in high school. 

Really? I don't know really anyone here off the top of my head who thinks we're running the same offense as KC or PHI (I may have missed it though). You mean in Gen Forum? 

Even his personnel was really different from KC, not just talent but their player profiles. I mean yeah, the terminology is the same but the system is Nagy's alone. The only potential saving grace is that maybe they were being too cute or simplistic (seemed to veer heavily one way or another) because Tru sucked and just couldn't handle the actual system he wanted to run.  Hopefully Foles shows Tru was the trainwreck and Nagy is actually able to run an offense. If not we need to move on from the HC, GM, and QB.

Assuming we don't have some ridiculous postseason luck of course. 

Edited by Sugashane

I'm still not sure we've actually seen the offense Nagy wants to run. Given Trubisky being the limiting factor in 2018, and Trubisky, the OL, the TEs, the RBs and everyone but Robinson being the limiting factor in 19,  he's clearly not running what he wants.

*I believe the opening drive in 2018 vs Packers in game 1 was his ideal offense. Here's the drive if you want my opinion on what Nagy wants to run, or if you're feeling nostalgic for that "holy **** they might be good this year feeling"

1st & 10 at CHI 14

(13:13 - 1st) T.Cohen left end pushed ob at CHI 21 for 7 yards (T.Williams).

2nd & 3 at CHI 21

(12:37 - 1st) J.Howard left guard to CHI 25 for 4 yards (N.Perry).

1st & 10 at CHI 25

(12:03 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short left to T.Cohen pushed ob at CHI 33 for 8 yards (T.Williams).

2nd & 2 at CHI 33

(11:32 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to T.Gabriel to CHI 33 for no gain (C.Matthews).

3rd & 2 at CHI 33

(10:51 - 1st) (Shotgun) T.Cohen right end ran ob at CHI 44 for 11 yards (K.Brice).

1st & 10 at CHI 44

(10:12 - 1st) M.Trubisky pass deep right to T.Gabriel to GB 25 for 31 yards (A.Morrison).

1st & 10 at GB 25

(9:23 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky scrambles up the middle to GB 19 for 6 yards (A.Morrison).

(8:37 - 1st) Timeout #1 by CHI at 08:37.

2nd & 4 at GB 19

(8:37 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Howard right tackle to GB 17 for 2 yards (M.Daniels).

3rd & 2 at GB 17

(7:57 - 1st) (Shotgun) M.Trubisky pass short right to T.Burton to GB 2 for 15 yards (K.Brice).

1st & Goal at GB 2

(7:11 - 1st) Mitchell Trubisky 2 Yard Rush C.Parkey extra point is GOOD, Center-P.Scales, Holder-P.O'Donnell.

Edited by RunningVaccs
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I'm still not sure we've actually seen the offense Nagy wants to run. Given Trubisky being the limiting factor in 2018, and Trubisky, the OL, the TEs, the RBs and everyone but Robinson being the limiting factor in 19,  he's clearly not running what he wants.

*I believe the opening drive in 2018 vs Packers in game 1 was his ideal offense. Here's the drive if you want my opinion on what Nagy wants to run, or if you're feeling nostalgic for that "holy **** they might be good this year feeling"

What you showed was only his fifth game as a NFL play caller before defenses had any real tape on him at him at all and they were also his scripted plays while playing a poor defense. Looked what happened after those 20 script plays ran out....the offense was garbage and we lost because of it (that and Fuller's dropped INT). 

This all goes back to my issues with Nagy's play-calling. Failure to adjust after the script plays and becoming predictable. 

15 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Really? I don't know really anyone here off the top of my head who thinks we're running the same offense as KC or PHI (I may have missed it though). You mean in Gen Forum? 

Even his personnel was really different from KC, not just talent but their player profiles. I mean yeah, the terminology is the same but the system is Nagy's alone. The only potential saving grace is that maybe they were being too cute or simplistic (seemed to veer heavily one way or another) because Tru sucked and just couldn't handle the actual system he wanted to run.  Hopefully Foles shows Tru was the trainwreck and Nagy is actually able to run an offense. If not we need to move on from the HC, GM, and QB.

Assuming we don't have some ridiculous postseason luck of course. 

I've seen some people on here mention it but I was mainly talking about pundits, and it pisses me off because it clearly shows that they haven't been paying attention. In fact, I don't think I've seen a single article written about it. 

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

What you showed was only his fifth game as a NFL play caller before defenses had any real tape on him at him at all and they were also his scripted plays while playing a poor defense. Looked what happened after those 20 script plays ran out....the offense was garbage and we lost because of it (that and Fuller's dropped INT). 

This all goes back to my issues with Nagy's play-calling. Failure to adjust after the script plays and becoming predictable. 

I've seen some people on here mention it but I was mainly talking about pundits, and it pisses me off because it clearly shows that they haven't been paying attention. In fact, I don't think I've seen a single article written about it. 

Agreed and agreed,  that was Nagy's best case scenario but showed some decent planning. Also agree that he has a REALLY hard time adapting to surprises or even acknowledging when things aren't working on the field.

Just saying I think he has a goal, he's just iffy at executing if things aren't perfect.  Hopefully we get to see what he can do if he has pieces that work, although I'm not optimistic we have the pieces or that he can be a great tactician if he does.  Again, I really like the culture and attitude so not trashing Nagy.