Chiefs vs Redskins GDT: Monday Night Football@Arrowhead

Chiefer

*Peters vs Norman; who makes the bigger impact on the game for their defense.

* Can our LB's cover a Chris Thompson out of the backfield unlike the raiders could?

*Can our pass rush get home? And can out O-line protect Alex?

*big stage for the new kicker

51 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

What's the word on Dee Ford?

I've been checking pretty consistently, and haven't seen an update from any of the usual sources. Though with us playing on Monday night, it's possible that the practice schedule is a day late, so we may not have a report of him at or not at practice until tomorrow. Reid described it as hip spasms on Sunday, and that's the most I've seen. Which hopefully is a good thing. Normally we hear updates if a player goes in for surgery or something.

23 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The Redskin front seven is not up to what we saw from Philly and their pass rush is not up to Bosa and Ingram. It's a much improved defense but I think their offense is the bigger challenge.

J

yeap. We totally suck.  Please play your seconds against us, we still loose by 20 points.  :)

2 minutes ago, chiefs82 said:

Morse I'd imagine is out this game and maybe next week. 

And no one knows anything about Ford yet lol. Maybe a game day decision? 

Per Paylor, apparently Ford didn't practice due to "lower back soreness." Which is interesting. The injury on Sunday was definitely reported as a hip injury. This could be a good thing (might mean the hip isn't actually a problem anymore, and he's just being held out for some minor pain or something.) Or it could be a bad thing (could mean two injuries, could mean the hip injury caused other issues.)

On 9/27/2017 at 11:19 AM, chiefs82 said:

*Peters vs Norman; who makes the bigger impact on the game for their defense.

* Can our LB's cover a Chris Thompson out of the backfield unlike the raiders could?

*Can our pass rush get home? And can out O-line protect Alex?

*big stage for the new kicker

I went to Football Outsiders to get a clue on pass defense: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Chiefs defense can cover the TE and RB particularly well (rank 7th and 5th respectively). But we're giving up about 227 yds./gm to team's WR's.

Washington is just the opposite. They're only giving up 100 yds./gm to WR's but are terrible covering the TE, better with RB (30th and 15th respectively).

1 minute ago, mayanfootball said:

I went to Football Outsiders to get a clue on pass defense: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

Chiefs defense can cover the TE and RB particularly well (rank 7th and 5th respectively). But we're giving up about 227 yds./gm to team's WR's.

Washington is just the opposite. They're only giving up 100 yds./gm to WR's but are terrible covering the TE, better with RB (30th and 15th respectively).

Seems as though this would bode well for us across the board.

Also not terribly surprising. We were in a similar boat last year. All 4 of our LBs are good in coverage and we're 3 deep in good coverage safeties, so we always handle the interior well. It's just a lot of targets to Gaines and Mitchell.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Seems as though this would bode well for us across the board.

Also not terribly surprising. We were in a similar boat last year. All 4 of our LBs are good in coverage and we're 3 deep in good coverage safeties, so we always handle the interior well. It's just a lot of targets to Gaines and Mitchell.

Washington and KC are similarly tough against the pass (7th and 8th respectively). The major difference is Washington defends the rush better than KC (3rd and 26th respectively). It will be interesting to see if Kareem Hunt can skew the Redskins ranking some?

Archived