Aldon Smith reinstated

Rtnldave

On 6/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, plan9misfit said:

And I thought Terence Newman was old when we drafted him! LOL

Trying to look at the positives after the debacle picks with TACO and TRYSTEN( would love to strangle both JG and RM ). 

21 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

pretty sure it's a 2 year contract right?

No, It was 1 year for about 4 Million if he hits all his bonuses and it's non guaranteed

I thought it was stupid they didn't have a built in team option for year 2 for say, 8 Million in case he balls out

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Oh well. Worst case scenario if he does ball out is a 3rd/4th comp pick. Though it would hurt to lose a Quinn again.

I agree but also with the way things went this draft we have set up next years draft to be able to focus primarily on edge rusher that is depending upon how things work out over the next 30 days

6 minutes ago, quiller said:

I agree but also with the way things went this draft we have set up next years draft to be able to focus primarily on edge rusher that is depending upon how things work out over the next 30 days

What are your expectations for Bradlee Anae?

4 hours ago, D82 said:

7 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

No, It was 1 year for about 4 Million if he hits all his bonuses and it's non guaranteed

I thought it was stupid they didn't have a built in team option for year 2 for say, 8 Million in case he balls out

Well if thats the case it's just going to continue the constant trend of us bringing fringe star players and letting them get huge contracts every off-season e.g. randall cobb, robert quinn. Really shows the strength of our FO getting small calculated risks at vets every year.

Who knows maybe he might take a liking to staying in Dallas because they gave him a second chance and do it for cheap too.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DaBoys said:

What are your expectations for Bradlee Anae?

I am hesitant. I worry about him being not strong enough if we get Gregory then he might not make the final 53.    With out Gregory then he will be in as his pass rushing ability will favor him.  Right now I have him on the 53 man roster fairly easily because I have zero faith in any UDFA    I just don’t see him getting any snaps ahead of Lawrence Smith Crawford and Armstrong   Then you add Gregory???

I have hope he improves enough over the year to move up the chain and get in the rotation.  There also is the chance we go 3-4 by next year which means he will have a better chance contributing 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Situational rotational pass rusher. We'll have to see if game speed matches the NFL level first though. 

With Smith, Gregory (assume reinstated), Crawford, and Armstrong,  I don't expect much this year.  Still like the pick for the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...