Aldon Smith reinstated

Rtnldave

3 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Trying to tamp my expectations but...

I mean...Smith was on a HOF pace there for a couple years. He's got the talent. If he can get his mind and body together? Maybe, just maybe, he can put together a good season or two for us. 

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I mean...Smith was on a HOF pace there for a couple years. He's got the talent. If he can get his mind and body together? Maybe, just maybe, he can put together a good season or two for us. 

Guy is like 32 right?

Edited by DaBoys

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

The absolute best we could hope for is a 1 year Robert Quinn and a comp pick. Idgaf if he has 13 sacks. We need to let him walk 

It would depend on whether or not he would be willing to re-sign with us on a short, non-expensive extension. Also depend on how the younger guys (i.e. Gregory, Armstrong, Anae, etc.) perform. 

For me, at least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, D82 said:

It would depend on whether or not he would be willing to re-sign with us on a short, non-expensive extension. Also depend on how the younger guys (i.e. Gregory, Armstrong, Anae, etc.) perform. 

For me, at least.

If you had been out of the league for 5 years, got a chance,  knocked it out of the park, and then were a free agent at 31/32, and someone offers you 70mil like Quinn, you take it.  This is his last shot at security. 

9 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

If you had been out of the league for 5 years, got a chance,  knocked it out of the park, and then were a free agent at 31/32, and someone offers you 70mil like Quinn, you take it.  This is his last shot at security. 

Well sure, but there's also a chance he gives us a shot at retaining his services after giving him another shot. If he doesn't, then by all means, move on.

4 hours ago, D82 said:

For me, at least.

Can’t rightfully argue with this

• 2 months later...
On 5/21/2020 at 6:29 PM, DaBoys said:

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I am WAY way WAY more excited about this than the rest of you. This is huge imo. That’s fine though. Someone has to drive the hype train. Now let’s get Gregory rolling and don’t forget about Anae. 

“He’s a monster. Damn sure doesn’t look like he hasn’t played in five years,'' Prescott said. "He’s going to make all of us better. A great player.''

-Dak

“Everything is happening and everything is looking good. ... I hold myself to high standards. I feel like I can compete with the best. I feel like I’m one of the best. It’s something I never really lost,'' said Smith of his innate ability, fortified now by a new devotion to the weight room and a 20-pounds-of-muscle increase to his 6-4, now 280-plus-pound frame. "It’s something I’ve always been able to do, so it wasn’t too tough to get back into.''

-Aldon

"Who the hell is No. 58? That (would be) my thought ... He looks good. He’s hitting all the targets. You can see his power, his length is extraordinary. I’m very, very happy with where Aldon is right now. … He’s impressive.”

-Mcarthy

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/aldon-smith-reviews-are-in-dallas-cowboys-de-is-a-monster-says-dak

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

“He’s a monster. Damn sure doesn’t look like he hasn’t played in five years,'' Prescott said. "He’s going to make all of us better. A great player.''

-Dak

“Everything is happening and everything is looking good. ... I hold myself to high standards. I feel like I can compete with the best. I feel like I’m one of the best. It’s something I never really lost,'' said Smith of his innate ability, fortified now by a new devotion to the weight room and a 20-pounds-of-muscle increase to his 6-4, now 280-plus-pound frame. "It’s something I’ve always been able to do, so it wasn’t too tough to get back into.''

-Aldon

"Who the hell is No. 58? That (would be) my thought ... He looks good. He’s hitting all the targets. You can see his power, his length is extraordinary. I’m very, very happy with where Aldon is right now. … He’s impressive.”

-Mcarthy

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/aldon-smith-reviews-are-in-dallas-cowboys-de-is-a-monster-says-dak

Good call! I am fully aboard the hype train on this one now.

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Good call! I am fully aboard the hype train on this one now.

6’4” 280 plus...

Word is, Lawrence and Griffen on the outside with Aldon and Crawford in the middle for our pass downs.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

“I Have No Idea…
exactly what the Cowboys expected from Aldon Smith early in the season, but he didn't look like a man playing his first NFL game in almost five calendar years.

Smith played 54 of 73 defensive snaps against the Rams. He lined up everywhere: left edge, right edge, standing up inside. He had the second-most tackles on the team (12), the only sack, the only tackle for loss, and his third-quarter pressure on Goff directly led to a Chidobe Awuzie interception.“

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/3-out-addressing-issues-from-the-opener