1980s Action/Adventure - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 4th entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Action/Adventure movie from the 1980s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Saturday, 5/23/2020 at 9pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Predator  
Aliens
Mad Max 2:  The Road Warrior 
Die Hard  
Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (sure it is a Sci Fi film but it is really outstanding and absolutely is action packed and a really great adventure film, fantasy possibly as well if it does not make it here)

Missed the cut:

Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome  (if the 2nd half was as good as the first half it would have been in there)
The Hitcher  
The Terminator   

Tempted to put Scarface in there but only big time action is near the end of the film, as a drama it is right up there and is visually beautiful.  Tough call with Back to the Future as well, might be more a fantasy film but is a hell of an adventure film also.  Got Indiana Jones and the Rambo movies but not a giant fan of those.  After this decade it will fall off a cliff in terms of quality nominations for the 60s, 50s, and 40s beyond.  

22 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Die Hard

No other noms needed.

That already won for Thriller...somehow.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Ghostbusters

Back to the Future

Aliens

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

Top Gun

Escape From New York

Predator

Batman

Superman II

The Terminator

RoboCop

The Abyss

24 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That already won for Thriller...somehow.

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Ghostbusters

Back to the Future

Aliens

E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

Top Gun

Escape From New York

Predator

Batman

Superman II

The Terminator

RoboCop

The Abyss

Wut

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

A lot of Die Hard noms

It is NOT eligible. Please review the already set brackets in OP

My apologies, totally blitzed that one.  And wow nominated #2 overall seed under Thriller?  Die Hard to me is way more action/adventure than thriller but is a close call.

I would nominate The Terminator in my five then if possible.

• Like 1