Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Lawrence Timmons reinstated

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Can he play LG or QB?

No, but at least the Saints don't have a dominant DL like the Jets do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No, but at least the Saints don't have a dominant DL like the Jets do.

Jets DL has been dominant in 1/3 games this year, in their first two they looked completely ordinary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think LB Chase Allen has done a solid job filling in for Timmons.  If he can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in the middle next season.  Kid has a lot of potential and prototype measurables, 6'3 250 lbs 4.6 40 yd speed and 23 reps on 225 lb press.  I hope we can teach him the defensive calls and plug him in the middle.......he has shown that he can get to ball carriers imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I think LB Chase Allen has done a solid job filling in for Timmons.  If he can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting in the middle next season.  Kid has a lot of potential and prototype measurables, 6'3 250 lbs 4.6 40 yd speed and 23 reps on 225 lb press.  I hope we can teach him the defensive calls and plug him in the middle.......he has shown that he can get to ball carriers imo.

Hasn't he only played about 30 snaps over two games?

Mike Hull is really the one filling in for Timmons. It should be Timmons and Kiko in the nickel package. Technically Hull should be playing the dozen or so snaps per game that Chase Allen is currently playing. Either way, Allen is tied to Miami through 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is that Allen and Hull add great depth to Timmons this year and with  Mcmillan coming back next year Miami should be pretty set at linebacker next off season so they can concentrate on the o-line and secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is that Allen and Hull add great depth to Timmons this year and with  Mcmillan coming back next year Miami should be pretty set at linebacker next off season so they can concentrate on the o-line and secondary.

Well I am hoping we get a turn around from Jones

Maxwell is gone next season, Howard has been decent so far with weird matchups (ASJ?) and we can see what we get from Tankersley/TJ McDonald perhaps towards the second half of the year. I just wish we would go to press man properly, none of this free release nonsense. We have the body types to do it

 

Seriously, Andersons TD vs Verner for example. Awful, inside release, no hands on the receiver, he doesnt even have to really do anything but sprint.

Edited by Kaiowas05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

they can concentrate on the o-line

Just like 2016 and 2015 and 2014 and 2013 and 2012 and 2011

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by cddolphin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, it's not like as a team we haven't invested in the OL.... we've sunk a ton of round 1 and 2 picks into O-linemen. Unfortunately we put no effort into improving at the position in free agency... nor do we invest at the Guard position. Really wanted Lamp last draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 5:07 PM, cddolphin said:

Hasn't he only played about 30 snaps over two games?

Mike Hull is really the one filling in for Timmons. It should be Timmons and Kiko in the nickel package. Technically Hull should be playing the dozen or so snaps per game that Chase Allen is currently playing. Either way, Allen is tied to Miami through 2019.

In 28 snaps during the Jets game, Allen had 7 tackles which I believe was the team lead for the game.  You may be correct that technically Hull is the one filling in for Timmons, but it looks to me that in our base defensive front, 4-3, Hull is playing the Mike, Kiko the Will, and Allen the Sam ( which is where Timmons was reportedly slotted ).  Although with Offensive motion the Sam and Will are probably swapping roles frequently.

No argument on who was filling in for Timmons, just saying that Allen is flashing some potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Timmons is a game changer. This week, he really showed his worth. He was all over the field, and was very good in open field tackles. He sniffed out screens and got there like the seasoned vet he is. The combination of Kiko, Timmons, and Rey was impressive. The LB play was soo good that they starting sending Kiko on LB blitzes. We will see if this level of play can continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

Timmons is a game changer. This week, he really showed his worth. He was all over the field, and was very good in open field tackles. He sniffed out screens and got there like the seasoned vet he is. The combination of Kiko, Timmons, and Rey was impressive. The LB play was soo good that they starting sending Kiko on LB blitzes. We will see if this level of play can continue.

I have to say that I was fairly impressed as well.  Granted, the Titans aren't a juggernaut, but it was the best I've seen the Miami LB corps for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I have to say that I was fairly impressed as well.  Granted, the Titans aren't a juggernaut, but it was the best I've seen the Miami LB corps for awhile.

Night and day compared to the first three games (although Timmons was pretty good week 4 as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Night and day compared to the first three games (although Timmons was pretty good week 4 as well).

He's exceeded my expectations for him already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×