FalconFan13

Falcons have signed Deone Bucannon

Not sure for how long im guessing a 1 year deal he seems to be moved to WLB for us and possibly backup SS incase of a neal injury.   I see he has been on a few teams lately anything good you can tell me about him or is this another Treadwell/Harris type of signing of a guy with high upside that their trying to make a hit on in our scheme?

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

another Treadwell/Harris type of signing of a guy with high upside that their trying to make a hit on in our scheme

How many more former 1st round picks does Dimitroff want?

On offense
James Carpenter
Todd Gurley
Hayden Hurst
Julio Jones
Chris Lindstrom
Alex Mack
Jake Matthews
Kaleb McGary
Calvin Ridley
Matt Ryan
Laquon Treadwell

Defense
Dante Fowler jr
Charles Harris
Takk Mckinley
Keanu Neal
Duane Bucannon

Thats 16 first rounders and I might even have forgotten some. Is it me or is that quite a lot?

On the signing itself. Like Bucannon coming out and I think he had early run at AZ. Kind of lost track of him after that so curious to see how he'll do.

3 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

How many more former 1st round picks does Dimitroff want?

On offense
James Carpenter
Todd Gurley
Hayden Hurst
Julio Jones
Chris Lindstrom
Alex Mack
Jake Matthews
Kaleb McGary
Calvin Ridley
Matt Ryan
Laquon Treadwell

Defense
Dante Fowler jr
Charles Harris
Takk Mckinley
Keanu Neal
Duane Bucannon

Thats 16 first rounders and I might even have forgotten some. Is it me or is that quite a lot?

On the signing itself. Like Bucannon coming out and I think he had early run at AZ. Kind of lost track of him after that so curious to see how he'll do.

16 first rounders, but only 13 are actually going to start. I get what he's doing though. Signing former first round picks to minimal contracts and seeing if the fire under their butts to try and fit the scheme helps motivate them to be great. ALSO, it doesn't hurt depth to have a bunch of cheap former first round picks.

He couldn't even find playing time last year under a DC who knew how to best use him and on a team with a depleted LB group. I don't think there is much left there.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, minutemancl said:

He couldn't even find playing time last year under a DC who knew how to best use him and on a team with a depleted LB group. I don't think there is much left there.

He's going to be depth in Atlanta. So there doesn't have to be much there.

On 5/22/2020 at 6:17 AM, minutemancl said:

Wasn't much there to begin with...

He's good on special teams and can play defense in a pinch. But I think that's about all he offers at this point in his career.

Doesn’t seem to have gotten it together since that one decent season in Arizona. But Atlanta seems to have more success than most using smaller, faster LBs.

He's still just one of those players who you have to scheme around, but isn't actually good enough to justify doing so.  He really needs to play a hybrid LB/SS role, but as soon as you commit to that...you've tipped your hand and an offense is going to eat.

He's not even that bad a player...he's just the wrong sort of "hybrid" fit for what most defenses want.  And not really the sort of player who can thrive in a "sub package" with intermittent usage.

Still a useful STer though, right?  So eh...could do worse.