The Jets and Jamal Adams

RaidersAreOne

With previous talks of the Jets listening to offers for Adams, then trying to re-sign him and now hitting am impasse, what do you think Adams' future is with the Jets? Should they try and off load him if his contract demands are too high? What teams do you believe should be interested?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Ngakoue for Adams.

Makes sense for both teams imo 

I’d be uncomfortable trading an elite player for a non-elite expensive player, even with positional value considered. Especially since Yannick’s going to cost more too. 

Hopefully they move him. The guy’s a menace.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’d be uncomfortable trading an elite player for a non-elite expensive player, even with positional value considered. Especially since Yannick’s going to cost more too. 

Hopefully they move him. The guy’s a menace.

I assume you mean Yannick is a menace?

I hope we extend him, but there are talks that the Jets are scared to put out money with COVID-19 going on.  They haven't put out any large contracts this offseason. But Douglas is also being strict in ways. Adams needs to stay a Jet though, hes the best player we drafted since Revis and he is one of those guys who truly wants to be great. He makes the defense better, without him they lose that level cause hes a difference maker.  THe safety we drafted can't replace him either, the safety we drafted is a replacement for Maye more likely as hes a true center field type safety.  

• Like 2

I know this, Tyran Mathieu at 14M a year for 3 years in his absolute prime was a steal of a contract. Pair that with pro bowl caliber safety from day one Juan Thornhill on his rookie deal, that is how you get things done.

I wonder what type of money Adams is seeking. Jets might be better off trading him to the highest bidder and signing a vet replacement on a much cheaper deal.

• Like 2

I can understand to a point not wanting to pay Jamal Adams some exorbitant sum but really he's an elite player, a difference maker and could be the heart and soul of the Jets defence. Now could be the time if any to pay out as the old guard may be changing, Darnold is heading into what should be prime years and there is no obvious standout team in the AFC East. Adams and Quinnen could be the face and key stones of the Defence though I cant help but feel they need to bolster the OL some more and add a game changing weapon whilst Darnold is still on his rookie contract. Be brave Jets and try and storm the AFCE 😀

• Like 1

What’s with bad teams trading good players? It’s a damn near crapshoot to hit on draft picks as it is, and you’re going to just let the good ones walk when you actually do hit?

The Jets used a premium FRP on him in hopes he’d develop into an elite player, and now that he has, they don’t want to resign him. Why even draft him in the first place? Makes zero sense. This is how bad teams stay bad. 

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 11

19 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What’s with bad teams trading good players? It’s a damn near crapshoot to hit on draft picks as it is, and you’re going to just let the good ones walk when you actually do hit?

The Jets used a premium FRP on him in hopes he’d develop into an elite player, and now that he has, they don’t want to resign him. Why even draft him in the first place? Makes zero sense. This is how bad teams stay bad. 

Just because you're a bad team doesn't mean you should let a player hold your team hostage. Especially if they want a record setting payday. Thats not how good teams operate. For example the Jalen Ramsey trade was a great move for the Jaguars. I'm sure you recall the Bengals trading Carson Palmer to the Raiders for an amazing haul. Khalil Mack to the Bears. Etc.

If Adams is seeking the biggest safety contract of all time I'd move him to the highest bidder.

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I know this, Tyran Mathieu at 14M a year for 3 years in his absolute prime was a steal of a contract. Pair that with pro bowl caliber safety from day one Juan Thornhill on his rookie deal, that is how you get things done.

I wonder what type of money Adams is seeking. Jets might be better off trading him to the highest bidder and signing a vet replacement on a much cheaper deal.

I haven’t seen a number thrown out there but rumors are he wants to be paid like the top defensive players. Meaning not just top safety money.

Curious to know how much y’all would be willing to pay Jamal. My guess is that if he were asking for $16, a deal would be done already.

Edited by SDotNova