Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

The Jets and Jamal Adams

Recommended Posts

On 5/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, Kiwibrown said:

Laveon Bell

 

Trumaine Johnson

Considering the the bad contracts the Jets have thrown around recently I have no idea why they are upsetting their best player.

 

Get the deal done for the best player at his position in the NFL. The leader of your defense. 

Some teams have such regressive models of doing things. 

Rumor is he wants a lot more than just being the highest paid safety.  More like one of the top paid defensive players in the league.  But I can not corroborate.  He's already compared his self-proclaimed value to Brady, Aaron Donald and other superstars who don't play in the a position with the league's lowest positional value.  He is out of his skull.  He's a narcissist.  He's not a leader in any way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

From all the credible reporters, the Jets want to and have no interest in trading right now. The Issue is its not going as fast as Adams wants. Teams aren't thrilled to throw out huge money when this coronavirus is making fiances more unpredictable.  Jets have Adams on contract for 2 more years and then a franchise tag would happen if it came to it.   We don't even have a replacement for him on the roster. 

exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

No way. It will never happen. Jamal Adams loves the Jets and would never leave. Plus, even if they did trade him, they would at least get 4 1st round draft picks and a player. 
 

-Jets fans 3 months ago

what in the world are you talking about?  Ever since Adams threw his twitter hissy fit when the the Jets answered a phone call from the Cowboys last year about a possible trade, Jets fans have been furious.  Why?  Because Jamal wasn't upset that they took the call, he was upset that he couldn't escape to the Cowboys when a deal didn't get done.  He then followed up with his temper tantrum on twitter.   But some Jets fans will tell you he was upset because Joe Douglas picked up the phone.  Nonsense.  He's dreamed of being a cowboy since childhood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, dcat said:

what in the world are you talking about?  Ever since Adams threw his twitter hissy fit when the the Jets answered a phone call from the Cowboys last year about a possible trade, Jets fans have been furious.  Why?  Because Jamal wasn't upset that they took the call, he was upset that he couldn't escape to the Cowboys when a deal didn't get done.  He then followed up with his temper tantrum on twitter.   But some Jets fans will tell you he was upset because Joe Douglas picked up the phone.  Nonsense.  He's dreamed of being a cowboy since childhood. 

I was viciously attacked by Jets fans when I proposed that they address their awful pass rush with a trade that would send Jamal Adams to Jacksonville in exchange for Ngakoue and change lol.  And then Jets fans were saying the only way he gets traded is for multiple 1sts and a player. 

Edited by BleedTheClock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I was viciously attacked by Jets fans when I proposed that they address their awful pass rush with a trade that would send Jamal Adams to Jacksonville in exchange for Ngakoue and change lol.  And then Jets fans were saying the only way he gets traded is for multiple 1sts and a player. 

As you should be.  Why give away a home grown Jet who is a game changer on defense for a lesser player?  Yannick is a solid pass rusher but not nearly the player Adams is.  

Stop overreacting to the same song a dance that happens when many all pro players want to get paid early.  

This probably ends like many other simliar situations around the league with Jamal signing a long term deal next season with the Jets.  Jets have 3 years of control left.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dcat said:

Rumor is he wants a lot more than just being the highest paid safety.  More like one of the top paid defensive players in the league.  But I can not corroborate.  He's already compared his self-proclaimed value to Brady, Aaron Donald and other superstars who don't play in the a position with the league's lowest positional value.  He is out of his skull.  He's a narcissist.  He's not a leader in any way.  

If that is the case, I'd keep him, tag him once or twice and then let him test the market. Getting 7 years of play and a 3rd for him is not bad. I'd keep the offer out there for a highest paid safety, which is probably pretty reasonable. For me, safety's don't move the needle that much for generating wins, unless they are troy p or ed Reed. He isn't that good imo.

If someone wants to trade for him, I'd let it happen if they give you the value you feel warrants the trade. 

I'd take a 1 and a 3 if I am the Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If that is the case, I'd keep him, tag him once or twice and then let him test the market. Getting 7 years of play and a 3rd for him is not bad. I'd keep the offer out there for a highest paid safety, which is probably pretty reasonable. For me, safety's don't move the needle that much for generating wins, unless they are troy p or ed Reed. He isn't that good imo.

If someone wants to trade for him, I'd let it happen if they give you the value you feel warrants the trade. 

I'd take a 1 and a 3 if I am the Jets. 

This is how I view it as well. It’s harder to hold out nowadays. While I don’t want the distraction, with the franchise tag, we can keep him a Jet for 4 more years. Basically until he is 29 years old. I wouldn’t take a 1st and 3rd though. Keep trying to sign him for something like 15-16 per year. Otherwise keep waiting for a 1st and two 2nd (likely not happening). If neither happen, we would have him for 7 years and get a 3rd.

Back during the trading deadline, both teams were obviously not able to agree but the asking prices were:

Jets: Asking for 1st, and two 2nds (Dallas said no)

Cowboys: Willing to trade 1st and a 3rd (Jets said no)

This new rumor of the Jets asking for a 1st and 3rd is likely not coming from anyone on the Jets. That’s what the Cowboys were hoping to trade which would mean that a deal would be done already.

 

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

If that is the case, I'd keep him, tag him once or twice and then let him test the market. Getting 7 years of play and a 3rd for him is not bad. I'd keep the offer out there for a highest paid safety, which is probably pretty reasonable. For me, safety's don't move the needle that much for generating wins, unless they are troy p or ed Reed. He isn't that good imo.

If someone wants to trade for him, I'd let it happen if they give you the value you feel warrants the trade. 

I'd take a 1 and a 3 if I am the Jets. 

Antics aside, he's without question that good: I have very little doubt in my mind his career will finish in the realm of Polamalu/Reed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dcat said:

Rumor is he wants a lot more than just being the highest paid safety.  More like one of the top paid defensive players in the league.  But I can not corroborate.  He's already compared his self-proclaimed value to Brady, Aaron Donald and other superstars who don't play in the a position with the league's lowest positional value.  He is out of his skull.  He's a narcissist.  He's not a leader in any way.  

In what sense?

From an outsiders perspective? Sure, he's entitled and a bit of a millennial cry-baby... But, every report suggests players and coaches alike RAVE about his leadership. "Leadership" was one of the reasons he was so highly regarded coming out of LSU. He was voted a captain after a relatively underwhelming rookie season, that doesn't happen unless you're widely respected in the locker room. 

Edited by NJC33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dcat said:

But some Jets fans will tell you he was upset because Joe Douglas picked up the phone.  Nonsense.  He's dreamed of being a cowboy since childhood. 

Who cares what Adam's might want? Sure as hell isn't Joe Douglas. If Jerry wants him that bad, pay the piper. Every GM ever worth his salt has "answered the phone", doesn't mean he was fielding offers, trying to trade.

Outside of your FQB you are always listening,  even for the untradable commodities you'd never sell. Unless the Rediculousness of a RGIII/Ricky William's type deal is proposed you simply can't turn down! That's smart buisness.

If Adam's keeps running his mouth, he'll have a better chance of being sent to purgatory by Joe, then the Dallas Cowboys. Douglas won't cowar to a players demand or get bent over for nothing by Jerry, that's a pipe dream. Jamal will be a Jet or sit, his choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Antics aside, he's without question that good: I have very little doubt in my mind his career will finish in the realm of Polamalu/Reed.

We are talking about the same player with 2 INT in his entire 3 yr career right? Please dont make that comparison with these specific HOF'rs. Only way he reaches that realm, is in a different or alternate reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Antics aside, he's without question that good: I have very little doubt in my mind his career will finish in the realm of Polamalu/Reed.

He’s not Reed or Polamalu, lol. Not right now anyway. 

But he doesn’t need to be to be a game changer, nor do you need that type of player at safety in order for them to make an impact. Look what Mathieu did for that Chiefs defense or Earl for that Ravens D. The Seahawks haven’t looked like themselves since ET went down a couple seasons back (Sherman’s status didn’t help either, tbf). As devalued as safeties are, I don’t remember any great defenses that weren’t getting high quality safety play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

We are talking about the same player with 2 INT in his entire 3 yr career right? Please dont make that comparison with these specific HOF'rs. Only way he reaches that realm, is in a different or alternate reality.

Shall we compare more than just INT's? (Through 3yrs)

Adams: 2x Pro-bowler, 2x All-pro

  • PD: 25, FF: 6, TFL: 28, Tackles (Solo): 210, Sacks: 12, TD: 1

Polamalu: 2x Pro-bowler, 1x All-pro

  • PD: 26, FF: 3, TFL: 13, Tackles (Solo): 177, Sacks: 6, TD: 1

If you want to use statistic against him, at least tell the whole story.. Alternate reality? Not really..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

He’s not Reed or Polamalu, lol. Not right now anyway. 

But he doesn’t need to be to be a game changer, nor do you need that type of player at safety in order for them to make an impact. Look what Mathieu did for that Chiefs defense or Earl for that Ravens D. The Seahawks haven’t looked like themselves since ET went down a couple seasons back (Sherman’s status didn’t help either, tbf). As devalued as safeties are, I don’t remember any great defenses that weren’t getting high quality safety play. 

He's playing towards that trajectory...

Making a comparison to the hierarchy of Reed/Palamalu isn't going to sit well with some...But, I believe Adam's is that good and more importantly, he posses the mentality to keep getting better. Let's be real, not many people watch the Jets: Assuming the accolades continue to pile on (Which I'm betting they will), people will naturally have a different perception of his game. IMO, he's already among the top 5 defenders in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets have the leverage here. Unless he wants to sit and become a bigger distraction. 

Sounds like the Jets want to pay him, but not yet with at least two years of control. Can’t blame them for that. But if Dallas or anyone is willing to do a 1st and a day 2 pick, I jump on that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×