The Jets and Jamal Adams

RaidersAreOne

On 5/28/2020 at 3:45 PM, Jeezla said:

I think if the Jets were in the NFC South and they didn't get to play the AFCN this past year, they would be closer to #22-25 in points. The only good offenses you went up against were Dallas, NE, and Lamar, and NE's offense was mostly only good because the defense put them in great situations. And no, the Bills are not a good offense. I would expect any team that got to play the AFCN, The Raiders, Minneshew, The Dolphins x2, Josh Allen x2, rookie Haskins, rookie Daniel Jones, and the beat to hell eagles to finish at least top 10. The fact you didn't with Jamal Adams is not good. I mean you guys got to play absolute trash offenses for all but 4 games, and still finished outside the top 15.

Defensive DVOA is adjusted for strength of opponents offense. So being ranked 10th in defensive DVOA is meaningful and considers a lot of your points.

We dont have an elite outside corner or edge. So I don’t think we can be a top  defense. But I don’t see why being above average isn’t reasonable since we were that last year and there’s no way we can be injured more than we were last year.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 2

I don’t think the Jets have a bad defense. They have a really gritty defense, but the talent level at edge and CB make it merely average. If they had an impact pass rusher, they become top 5-10. But until then, they’re not a top 5 defense. 

I do think their offense put them in terrible situations last year tho. Tough to play consistently good defense when Luke Falk and Chester Molester are your QB’s. 

Edited by BleedTheClock

53 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Jets Fan over in /nyjets sub gets a 19-20 Superbowl Champs tattoo ...

You couldn't have done us all the favor and condensed the image? Point remains, a Browns fan accusing anyone of fan delusion is.. comical. Appreciate you all sparing us the Super Bowl hype this off-season!   

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/06/13/irritated-jamal-adams-takes-another-contract-shot-at-jets/amp/

Damn, Adams is bringing a whole bunch of negative press to the franchise he plays for. He really may be traded sooner rather than later. Cant have a player actively taking shots at your franchise like this. 

Yeah I have no problem shipping him out at this point.