Any Ideas for New Unis?

TOUCAN

So, realistically, we've had the same look for a few years now. I really think this could be the next thing coming within a few seasons. While this is a classic franchise and marred in history mainly from the 80s which were the biggest years, I think we are going to be due for an upgrade soon.

Anything you'd like to see incorporated or taken away? Color scheme setups? Team models to follow?

I’m not a real creative type, but the only thing I can really think of is to go back to the “R” helmets. Or maybe the spear. 

The concern about the name is not going away, and I think one way they could make a concession without getting rid of the name would be to take the ole tomahawk chop to the current logo. It wouldn’t directly address the name criticism, but other teams with similar names/logos have eliminated the stereotypical image and it seems to have been a positive step from a PR standpoint. It probably couldn’t hurt in the court of public opinion to show a bit of give and sensitivity on the issue.

Other than that, I really wouldn’t have many ideas. I like our uniforms, and I don’t really want to see too much change. “Modernizing” the look seems like a disaster waiting to happen — the classic jerseys tend to hit the higher notes for me at least. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m not a real creative type, but the only thing I can really think of is to go back to the “R” helmets. Or maybe the spear. 

The concern about the name is not going away, and I think one way they could make a concession without getting rid of the name would be to take the ole tomahawk chop to the current logo. It wouldn’t directly address the name criticism, but other teams with similar names/logos have eliminated the stereotypical image and it seems to have been a positive step from a PR standpoint. It probably couldn’t hurt in the court of public opinion to show a bit of give and sensitivity on the issue.

Other than that, I really wouldn’t have many ideas. I like our uniforms, and I don’t really want to see too much change. “Modernizing” the look seems like a disaster waiting to happen — the classic jerseys tend to hit the higher notes for me at least. 

I’m a big fan of the RG3 rookie year throwback unis 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m a big fan of the RG3 rookie year throwback unis 

Yeah, me too . I loved that faux looking leather helmet. The league banned it for some reason-I think. I also, still love my all time fav feather down the back helmet . 

• Like 1

Keep them the same. Definitely don't mess with the helmet. As my mom says, the Redskins have the prettiest helmets in the league, don mess with perfection.

I just have never liked any of the alternatives or the pre-Gibbs look ever. I like how they look now. Maybe have a modern alternate w/ some more maroon & black in there (Zorn) reference. I don't know...