2020 Packers Defensive Backs

Shanedorf

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Man.  There's really not much better (football related) than hearing that your highly drafted safety, who is about 200 pounds and runs a 4.36 40, is also an intelligent player.

Gives me goosebumps.

Watch a couple of interviews of his. Savages eyes kind of creep me out. 

19 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

King has some nutty levels of talent.  Man can find the ball in the air with the best of them, and knows how to go get it.  On top of that though, feel like he's a very intelligent player who's only going to get better the more reps he gets.  Giving him the long term contract scares me with his injury history, but really think his best is still ahead of him and that's a man who's ceiling is somewhere in the upper stratosphere.

Agree. I'll be disappointed if we let him get away....but not sure if we'll be able to afford him.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree. I'll be disappointed if we let him get away....but not sure if we'll be able to afford him.

This is the bigger concern for me and the reason I was hoping we would draft a CB fairly high if we had a good chance.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:59 AM, vegas492 said:

Man.  There's really not much better (football related) than hearing that your highly drafted safety, who is about 200 pounds and runs a 4.36 40, is also an intelligent player.

Gives me goosebumps.

When he first got here a reporter asked him what his best attribute was and his snapback answer was, “My brain!” And then he went on to talk about the filmwork he puts in and his ability to use that knowledge on the field.

I think the NFL humbled him a bit last year, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him pop off the screen quite a bit more this year. 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 2:45 PM, Uffdaswede said:

When he first got here a reporter asked him what his best attribute was and his snapback answer was, “My brain!” And then he went on to talk about the filmwork he puts in and his ability to use that knowledge on the field.

I think the NFL humbled him a bit last year, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him pop off the screen quite a bit more this year. 

I think he'll be the best FS in the league in two years if he continues to improve. He was compared to Lamarcus Joyner when he came out; I think he's a far better player.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I think he'll be the best FS in the league in two years if he continues to improve. He was compared to Lamarcus Joyner when he came out; I think he's a far better player.

Nick Collins 2.0

On 6/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, Joe said:

This is the bigger concern for me and the reason I was hoping we would draft a CB fairly high if we had a good chance.

Pay him now, I’ve seen enough to see He’s a good working on great player. Sometimes you have to take a risk on greatness. Do it before he Has another really good season. 

• Like 3

On 6/7/2020 at 8:02 AM, MantyWrestler said:

Pay him now, I’ve seen enough to see He’s a good working on great player. Sometimes you have to take a risk on greatness. Do it before he Has another really good season. 

You can do a lot worse at corner than King and Alexander for the next 4-5 years.  Yah, I'd lock him down.  Take care of those two spots.  Safety is set for the forseeable future, so you just gotta find corners #3 and #4, and I think we have those guys already.  But, they can come and go.  #1 and #2 CB need to be solidified.

• Like 3

Agree.  Good player, I want to keep him. 

Cases like King and Jones too reminds me of how you want to draft well enough so that you've got guys who are worth good 2nd contracts.  

Also speaks to the impact of QB.  **IF** Love was to develop so beautifully that you were ready to transition after 2021, then the cap has lots of cushion to afford King, Jones, and others.  

On 6/8/2020 at 10:19 AM, vegas492 said:

You can do a lot worse at corner than King and Alexander for the next 4-5 years.  Yah, I'd lock him down.  Take care of those two spots.  Safety is set for the forseeable future, so you just gotta find corners #3 and #4, and I think we have those guys already.  But, they can come and go.  #1 and #2 CB need to be solidified.

I think we should throw another guy in there. I think we've seen enough of Josh Jackson. I co-sign the rest.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I think we should throw another guy in there. I think we've seen enough of Josh Jackson. I co-sign the rest.

You've seen enough of Josh Jackson?  When?  He's hardly seen the field!  In that regard, yah, they can hopefully find someone else, but for me, I hope we see him this year to truly evaluate him.

And Sullivan has to be in the mix some way or somehow.

And we usually bring in some UDFA's who have potential, not to mention Holloman from last year.

...gotta think that Tramon is the "break the glass in case all your camp corner suck" guy.