Rumor: Cowboys Locked In on Adams

Texas_OutLaw7

49 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

I'll trade the Jets a first round pick along with Clinton-Dix and a fifth for Adams. No way in hell would I want the team to get rid of Gallup. 

No need to give up Clinton-Dix. And I doubt Gallup goes anywhere. 

Everything I've read has said they want a 1st+3rd. I do that in a heartbeat. 

56 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

This is me.

That's basically where I am. I'm not trading Gallup. One of the reasons drafting Lamb is so sweet is because it gives us the potential for three 1,000+ yard WRs, which expands the offense in more ways that I can reasonably describe.

Then again, I'm not high on trading a 1st round pick and then breaking the bank on an extension, especially for a Safety. Adams is insanely talented, but defenses aren't built by Safeties.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

That's basically where I am. I'm not trading Gallup. One of the reasons drafting Lamb is so sweet is because it gives us the potential for three 1,000+ yard WRs, which expands the offense in more ways that I can reasonably describe.

Then again, I'm not high on trading a 1st round pick and then breaking the bank on an extension, especially for a Safety. Adams is insanely talented, but defenses aren't built by Safeties.

He isn't just a safety though, he's shown the ability to line-up as the nickel CB in certain packages, play as a rusher coming off the edge, etc. He's versatile and still young. 

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

He isn't just a safety though, he's shown the ability to line-up as the nickel CB in certain packages, play as a rusher coming off the edge, etc. He's versatile and still young. 

And will want $15-16M per year with his extension. Too expensive. If Aldon Smith is anything salvageable, he'll need an extension as well. Where is that money going to come from? There's a strong possibility that the cap will go down next year, so high contracts should be avoided.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I’m not really down with giving up a first round pick for Adams.  But, If Adams truly is the piece that would put us over the top... you do it.  

I agree that if Adams is the piece that puts us over the top start talking with the Jets.  He's a dynamic force.  He has to be accounted for on every play by opposing defenses.  Too bad he isn't a DE.  To play devil's advocate think about the contract he will want and what current players on the roster will end up being cut, released, or traded because you can't accommodate/resign everyone.  That's a discussion we have to have.  Then I think about our long drought in terms of playoff success.  I want a championship.  Get er done.