Jets sign QB Joe Flacco (One year, $1.5 M)

RaidersAreOne

Going home to Jersey always made sense as his final landing place in the league. I know he sort of phoned it in in Denver but think it'll be different with him coming in established as just the veteran backup - should be a good influence on Darnold. Wish him all the best. 

• Like 3

As bad as the Jets have been the last two years, our backup situation hasn’t helped. We are 0-6 when Darnold doesn’t play. And 11-15 with him starting. Not great but still a major drop off. Hopefully Flacco doesn’t see the field, but if he does, he’s better then what we’ve had.

• Like 3

I don't know the exact structure of the contract, but I do want to point out that at the surface this is more money than Jameis Winston will be making, who just led the NFL in passing yards last season. 

Anyways, Flacco is better than anything the Jets trotted out there behind Darnold last year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I don't know the exact structure of the contract, but I do want to point out that at the surface this is more money than Jameis Winston will be making, who just led the NFL in passing yards last season. 

Anyways, Flacco is better than anything the Jets trotted out there behind Darnold last year. 

But, you have to factor in that it took Joe 3 and half years to throw over 30 int’s....( previous years. 2016-2019).

Edited by Vikes22

7 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I don't know either but if both played fully next season (ha!), Winston would edge over Flacco.   Right now, 1.5m is an original maximum deal for Flacco but he isn't able to practice or play until at least 1st of September. So I guess he would get about 300-600k upon signing.  After that, it is up in the air.

38 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

That was a personal choice by Jameis dude could've easily cashed in given he's as proven as Teddy was. 

But also once again Joe Flacco gets paid more than the league leader in passing yards is a tradition I hope never dies. 

• Like 1