• I would take him if they threw in something good
    • I would trade them if it was just the players nothing else
    • I would trade Kirk and a late round pick
    • I would trade Kirk and a mid round pick like 3rd or 4th
    • I would trade him and a 2nd round pick for A Rodge
    • I would trade a first round pick and Kirk for Aaron
    • I would give multiple firsts and Kirk or Aaron Rodgers

41 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It probably has a lot to do with him being a Cali kid, as compared to a Mississippi kid like Favre.  Midwesterners have a lot more in common culturally with the Bayou region than with Cali.  Although, Aaron can't even get along with his own family.  xD

Favre has the personality that upper Midwesterners really identify with, Aaron's personality is more suited to the coasts (both East and West).  

I'm not sure he plays well in the mid-Atlantic region where I live.  Maybe he appeals to the West Coast.

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

nobody that lives in California says "Cali."

Well, that just proves I don't live there...but, I'm not sure that's true...since Biggie had a whole song about it. Of course, that was over 25 years ago too.  xD

18 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Wasn't Biggie himself born on the East Coast? That was the whole dynamic between Biggie and Pac was East Coast vs. West Coast.

I believe he was...unfortunately, I wasn't paying all that close attention to the whole dynamic, because I was in the different social isolation/distress culture  ;), although we certainly had things in common.  After Biggie's death, I actually began to listen to some of it, and rather enjoyed it, because it spoke to similar issues.  Unfortunately, it hasn't changed enough since then.  

23 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Hmm.  I thought I clicked an Aaron Rodger traded to Minnesota Dream Sequence thread.  Oh well, it must be on the homepage somewhere...

It's been a slow sports news cycle.  Still waiting for Rick to sign the draft picks.  ;)

I would have to take time away from Vikings football if Rodgers wore purple. It was hard enough for me to watch Favre on the team. Rodgers is on the decline, and while he has more "magic" in him than Cousins, I just couldn't bring myself to root for a team that would bring in such a hated rival like that, not once, but twice.

Just now, NorthCountryEvo said:

I would have to take time away from Vikings football if Rodgers wore purple. It was hard enough for me to watch Favre on the team. Rodgers is on the decline, and while he has more "magic" in him than Cousins, I just couldn't bring myself to root for a team that would bring in such a hated rival like that, not once, but twice.

Even though Favre was the face of the Packers for so long, I still really liked him. You could tell he loved playing the game. 

Rodgers on the other hand just comes off as a jerk. Extremely unlikable. 

• Like 3

So much to say.  I'll just add this.  As he's aged, Rodgers is no Favre.

Favre kind of embraced being a pocket QB later in his years, he'd throw you into games and he'd throw you out of games.  You know how that feels.  But Favre stopped trying to extend plays so much and relied on what his eyes saw and what his arm could do.

Rodgers takes no chances right now.  Body language isn't very good and he's still trying to extend plays with his legs, even though those legs aren't what they once were.

Rodgers can turn it around...and we fans have been saying that for a while.  Not sure when the light will go on for him and he will trust his eyes and arm more.  If that ever happens, he's going to be deadly again, because that arm is top notch.  So is the football brain.  The question remains IF it will ever happen again.