Seahawks sign RB Carlos Hyde

RaidersAreOne

This one looks better, feel free to lock mine up. 

Seattle has been seeking veteran insurance for Chris Carson and a band-aid backup for Penny (likely to open the season on PUP). I think this also speaks to how quickly the FO feels rookies like DeeJay Dallas will be able to get up to speed. 

Curious to see the financials. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Unfortunately a good move. Freeman is wank. 

Ya, very pleased that we ended up landing Hyde over Freeman. Hyde fits our RB profile much better and showed some explosive flashes last season. 

Curious if he came cheaper than the proposed $4m we offered Freeman (which seems really foolish for him to turn down). 

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Ya, very pleased that we ended up landing Hyde over Freeman. Hyde fits our RB profile much better and showed some explosive flashes last season. 

Curious if he came cheaper than the proposed $4m we offered Freeman (which seems really foolish for him to turn down). 

Yeah, honestly, Freeman turning down the deal is a big issue for him. I mean, from a business perspective, yes, he's had a history of high production in his career. But at this point, Lamar Miller and Carlos Hyde are comparable as formerly productive veterans, and at least Hyde and Miller were good the last time they were in the field.... 

So we still have Lamar Miller and Devonta Freeman on the market... Any other high-ish profile names?

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

This one looks better, feel free to lock mine up. 

Seattle has been seeking veteran insurance for Chris Carson and a band-aid backup for Penny (likely to open the season on PUP). I think this also speaks to how quickly the FO feels rookies like DeeJay Dallas will be able to get up to speed. 

Curious to see the financials. 

Congrats on still being alive. I didn’t know you were 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Extremely foolish. Dude had a horrible year in a really good offense and now he wants star money?  Good luck with that. 

5 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Yeah, honestly, Freeman turning down the deal is a big issue for him. I mean, from a business perspective, yes, he's had a history of high production in his career. But at this point, Lamar Miller and Carlos Hyde are comparable as formerly productive veterans, and at least Hyde and Miller were good the last time they were in the field.... 

So we still have Lamar Miller and Devonta Freeman on the market... Any other high-ish profile names?

Freeman had a down year in a good offense, and also struggles with injury.  He's also got a small frame to be a featured back.  Freeman also has 1200 NFL touches and 2300 college touches.  That's a lot of work for a guy with his size. 

In any case, Hyde is solid insurance for Carson.  Also smart to get a veteran backup with the truncated off-season we are currently seeing.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Freeman had a down year in a good offense, and also struggles with injury.  He's also got a small frame to be a featured back.  Freeman also has 1200 NFL touches and 2300 college touches.  That's a lot of work for a guy with his size. 

In any case, Hyde is solid insurance for Carson.  Also smart to get a veteran backup with the truncated off-season we are currently seeing.  

You think Freeman is done as a starter?

3 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Of course they sign him literally ONE DAY AFTER our mandated cut day in my dynasty league xD 

Same thing happened to me last year. He was autodrafted for me in one league (had to leave for the last few rounds) he was a FA at the time and so I cut him... 

what is seattle's obsession with former 49ers???