Seahawks sign RB Carlos Hyde

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Same thing happened to me last year. He was autodrafted for me in one league (had to leave for the last few rounds) he was a FA at the time and so I cut him... 

what is seattle's obsession with former 49ers???

Carlos Hyde, Mike Iupati,....? I'm blanking on anyone else; really curious to hear what other names you have in mind to classify it as an obsession. 

7 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Carlos Hyde, Mike Iupati,....? I'm blanking on anyone else; really curious to hear what other names you have in mind to classify it as an obsession. 

The only other name i can think of would be Tramaine Brock when he was there for a short stint. Other than that, I feel like there have been far more Seahawks to go to SF than the other way around

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Same thing happened to me last year. He was autodrafted for me in one league (had to leave for the last few rounds) he was a FA at the time and so I cut him... 

what is seattle's obsession with former 49ers???

I picked him up for a 2020 2nd rounder. Not bad for the season he had. Actually was a key spot starter most of the year after literally my entire RB corps except for him got injured ¬¬

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

A surprise add, a surprise contributor last season for the Texans. I wanted him back, but I heard he asked for too much money...

...So, we're paying David Johnson about $15mm instead. Yeah.

Its why big salaries for running backs are a thing that many teams try to avoid.  

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 6:15 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Yeah, yeah not sexy.

Of that 52 million, only about 16 million (Reed, Finney, Shell) of that is committed beyond the 2020 season. ZERO of it beyond 2021.

After last years depth chart erasing and MASH unit, getting immediate contributors to fill out the roster seemed to be the priority. Seems like a solid strategy considering there might not be much of a camp/pre-season.

16 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Yeah, yeah not sexy.

Of that 52 million, only about 16 million (Reed, Finney, Shell) of that is committed beyond the 2020 season. ZERO of it beyond 2021.

After last years depth chart erasing and MASH unit, getting immediate contributors to fill out the roster seemed to be the priority. Seems like a solid strategy considering there might not be much of a camp/pre-season.

A couple other teams seemed to follow that route.  The Patriots and Vikings had a ton of draft choices, and the Redskins signed a lot of players to 1-2 year contracts, with all of the guaranteed money this year.  

On 5/22/2020 at 3:22 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

Ya, very pleased that we ended up landing Hyde over Freeman. Hyde fits our RB profile much better and showed some explosive flashes last season. 

Curious if he came cheaper than the proposed $4m we offered Freeman (which seems really foolish for him to turn down). 

How much do you guys run out of the shotgun? That's where Hyde is MUCH better at and playing in the read option system. 

On 5/23/2020 at 2:00 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

Dontae Johnson 

Earl Mitchell

Demarcus Dobbs

Will Tukuafu

This is just off the top of my head. I know there have been more, some signed to the PS. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dontae Johnson 

Earl Mitchell

Demarcus Dobbs

Will Tukuafu

This is just off the top of my head. I know there have been more, some signed to the PS. 

Tukuafu was back in 2014 lol, and for what it's worth, we signed originally signed him as a UDFA...

Dobbs played 1.5 seasons with us and amassed a total of 17 tackles. 

Earl Mitchell was cut a month after we signed him. Never played a game. 

Dontae Johnson also never played a game for us. 

That's the best we can do to justify an obsession, huh? (PS I realize you're not the one who made the original statement.) 

Edited by SaveOurSonics