?Week 4 GDT - Saints vs Dolphins (across da pond) 8:30 CST

whodatworm23

18 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Saints and Brees have been more conservative this year in general.  Brees hasn't been gunslinging as much as he used to.  Which we need him to do in some games, like the Patriots game.

Brees is on pace for about 4500 yards. The last time his numbers were below 4500... we won the Super Bowl.

This defense was so new and "just put together" with spare parts over the offseason that 1) I'm surprised that they have some sort of continuity and 2) If they've improved this quickly, I think we're in for a treat.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Brees is on pace for about 4500 yards. The last time his numbers were below 4500... we won the Super Bowl.

This defense was so new and "just put together" with spare parts over the offseason that 1) I'm surprised that they have some sort of continuity and 2) If they've improved this quickly, I think we're in for a treat.

Last time we had a new and "just put together" defense was 2006 when Payton first arrived and he jettisoned 90% of the team.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

The 09 defense got a metric ton of takeaways that allowed Brees to score TDs on short fields, plus our running game was one of the best in the league, which is why I think his yardage was so low.  He also sat out the last game, so his numbers that year were through 15 games.  This is why I get ill when people whine about Brees racking up yardage.  You got no choice but to throw when your defense is as bad as it has been.  Hopefully they can improve some this year.   

Archived