?Week 4 GDT - Saints vs Dolphins (across da pond) 8:30 CST

whodatworm23

9 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Going .500 after those first 4 opponents would be something else.

Well it appears Ram is swotching back to LT with Strief coming back at less than 100% at RT. Then eventually Ram will head to the bench when Armstead officially returns.

Ramczyk has been one of the more consistant players ive watched this year and Payton will put him on the bench as soon as he can. This blinded loyalty to Strief will eventually cost this team.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Really? Thats odd. I know Twitter had the rights to them last year, and this year it was Yahoo. Is it like FOX New Orleans showing it? Or is it National?

All I know is if you go to the game schedule on NFL.com, right by the game it shows who's carrying the game. Last week the London game said Yahoo, this week it says FOX.

Another example is this week, the Thursday night game has 3 affiliates next to the game - NFL Network, CBS, and Amazon Prime.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Well it appears Ram is swotching back to LT with Strief coming back at less than 100% at RT. Then eventually Ram will head to the bench when Armstead officially returns.

Ramczyk has been one of the more consistant players ive watched this year and Payton will put him on the bench as soon as he can. This blinded loyalty to Strief will eventually cost this team.

If I'm not mistaken didn't Strief rate as one of the best RT's in the NFL last season? and even the past several seasons? Basically I'm fine with Ram riding the bench when Armstead and Strief are back. He was drafted to be Streif's replacement. Until there is a dropoff in Streif's play, he deserves to start as he has shown to be a great RT. From the bits we've seen of Ram the past few weeks, he should hopefully be all ready to replace Streif when the time comes. Also with our history of injuries on the O-Line, I'd say it's not out of the realm of possibility to see Ram take over somewhere on the OL this season as well. 

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

All I know is if you go to the game schedule on NFL.com, right by the game it shows who's carrying the game. Last week the London game said Yahoo, this week it says FOX.

Another example is this week, the Thursday night game has 3 affiliates next to the game - NFL Network, CBS, and Amazon Prime.

2017 NFL schedule: International Series

The NFL's 2017 schedule of International Series games will begin in London at Wembley Stadium in Week 3. Here is the complete International Series schedule with matchups, kickoff times, locations and TV networks.

Week 3: Sept. 24: Ravens vs. Jaguars, 9:30 a.m. ET, Wembley Stadium, London, Yahoo streaming

Week 4: Oct. 1: Saints vs. Dolphins, 9:30 a.m. ET, Wembley Stadium, London, Fox

Week 7: Oct. 22: Cardinals vs. Rams, 1, p.m. ET, Twickenham Stadium, London, Fox

Week 8: Oct. 29: Vikings vs. Browns, 9:30 a.m. ET, Twickenham Stadium, London, NFL Network

Week 11: Nov. 19: Patriots vs. Raiders, 4:25 p.m. ET, Estadio Azteca, Mexico City, CBS

4 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

IMO we should keep ramy on the left until he proves he can't handle it, make Armstead prove he deserves the spot and is tough enough to play more than a half dozen snaps at a time

But I wouldn't call it a blind loyalty by any means, Strief is on of the best passblockers in the league, I'm sure Brees is pushing for him to get back as quickly as Payton is.

Until Strief plays worse than Ramy, there's no reason to call it a blind loyalty imo.

29 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

IMO we should keep ramy on the left until he proves he can't handle it, make Armstead prove he deserves the spot and is tough enough to play more than a half dozen snaps at a time

But I wouldn't call it a blind loyalty by any means, Strief is on of the best passblockers in the league, I'm sure Brees is pushing for him to get back as quickly as Payton is.

Until Strief plays worse than Ramy, there's no reason to call it a blind loyalty imo.

No, but if Strief isn't 100%, and Ram is, I don't see the sense in making the change. Ram has been playing good. What's 1 more week for Strief to be able to come back 100%?

35 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I get what your saying but I feel Armstead (left) and Ram (right) is the future of this franchise. Strief is and was a solid player but hes never been a mauler in the run game. Strief is a solid pass pro RT and his success rate has always been helped by Brees ability to read and react quickley and his ability manipulate the pocket. Speed rushers still kill Strief, Ram is the better option if everyones healthy with Stief in on jumbo packages. I also highly doubt the Saints wont be saving that 4 million this offeason by parting ways with Strief so why wait to get Ram on the field? 

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I get the frustration with Armstead continually getting injured, but at the end of the day if you want to be a successful team you have to get your best players on the field if they are ready to go. Armstead has shown when healthy he is a premier LT in the NFL. Ram has been solid for a few weeks in replacement duties (Not to say he doesn't have a bright future), but he certainly hasn't been anywhere near a healthy Armstead at LT. At this point I'd say Strief is also a better option than Ram unless we see a drop in Stief's play level this season then by all means have Ram replace him. We don't really have the luxury to sit our best players to see what our future guys are capable of. We have a "Win now" roster with Brees possibly not being a Saint much longer, and possibly even some major changes to the coaching staff if we don't have a playoff caliber year.   

Archived