Does more need to be done?

Heinz D.

Although I like the RB corps, they should definitely look at some more FA/Vets.

WR keep looking for UDFA burners. Maybe you can find a Victor Cruz out there.

More edge rushers and OL are never bad. Not sure what FA are left for OL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Seattle signed Carlos Hyde as their deal with Devonta Freeman fell through. Freeman's name has been tossed around here but nowhere else. Perhaps Freeman or another vet RB makes sense

Any idea why Freeman’s deal fell through? Health-related?  

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Any idea why Freeman’s deal fell through? Health-related?  

Gotta be money. Saw on Rotoworld his agent posturing that he’d sit out 2020 if he doesn’t get a deal like what he wants. Guy hasn’t stayed healthy for 3 years and was underwhelming last year when he was. Sitting out 2020 would probably mean ending his career. My guess is he’s going to wait to sign until someone significant gets hurt in preseason. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The_Romen said:

WR keep looking for UDFA burners. Maybe you can find a Victor Cruz out there.

Maybe? I would think that after adding Mooney and Ginn that Pace is fairly happy with his group, but you never know. I'll be curious to see who ends up WR3...

11 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Lamar Miller is a better fit for our offense, imo. 

I've been sort of out of the loop as of late, but nothing I've subscribed to has mentioned anything about the Bears meeting with RBs. Is that right? But they do have to at some point, don't they?

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I would like to add an OG and OT to compete.

It looks like Rieff in Minnesota is going to be safe for this season. I thought they might cut him. Warford is still out there, so maybe that becomes more doable. Anybody else you think might shake free after the next round of cuts? 

10 hours ago, WindyCity said:

ILB depth.

Call me crazy (and many have, while more will in the future)--but I think the younger Mack will end up having a good chance to stick. It just seems to be too perfect of a "sports story" to evaporate...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I would hope he's not happy with the current group. It's ARob, Miller and a buncha nobodies. Ginn is fast for an old man, but he's not the speed freak he was... Hopefully they'll get some more people in for try outs.

L. Miller would be a solid signing and COP guy.

Warford is the best OL out there, but maybe not the best fit. Not sure of any camp battles or fringe guys that would be good to snag. Would like to hear about them...

Hoping for lil Mack to catch on in case of emergency is asking for disaster, me thinks. They should really look to shore it up with at least a guy that's played more than 2 years or whatever there.

4 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I would hope he's not happy with the current group. It's ARob, Miller and a buncha nobodies. Ginn is fast for an old man, but he's not the speed freak he was... Hopefully they'll get some more people in for try outs.

L. Miller would be a solid signing and COP guy.

Warford is the best OL out there, but maybe not the best fit. Not sure of any camp battles or fringe guys that would be good to snag. Would like to hear about them...

Hoping for lil Mack to catch on in case of emergency is asking for disaster, me thinks. They should really look to shore it up with at least a guy that's played more than 2 years or whatever there.

Well, you'd think he (and the coaching staff) would be happy with Mooney. I've never been a huge fan of Miller's, but he has been a good back--there's no denying that. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bears uniform. With you on the O linemen. Hopefully @WindyCity , or somebody, has some potential guys on their radar.

As to Ledarius, and his lack of experience...I don't know, weirder things have happened. Don't recall if this has been posted, or not:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, you'd think he (and the coaching staff) would be happy with Mooney. I've never been a huge fan of Miller's, but he has been a good back--there's no denying that. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Bears uniform. With you on the O linemen. Hopefully @WindyCity , or somebody, has some potential guys on their radar.

As to Ledarius, and his lack of experience...I don't know, weirder things have happened. Don't recall if this has been posted, or not:

Mooney didn't look 4.3 on his "film" to me. I'm sure Ginn and him are similar at this point... I wouldn't fear either of them as a DC.

As far as Ledarius, I'm not ruling him out by any means. The fact he can possibly make a roster as a UDFA that's barely played football is a big reason for hope with him. I'd still look for another guy to compete with him, hopefully someone that can cover ala KPL.

58 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Mooney didn't look 4.3 on his "film" to me. I'm sure Ginn and him are similar at this point... I wouldn't fear either of them as a DC.

If Mooney really turns out to be someone who gets cut...wow. Makes a disappointing draft even more dismal. 

58 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

As far as Ledarius, I'm not ruling him out by any means. The fact he can possibly make a roster as a UDFA that's barely played football is a big reason for hope with him. I'd still look for another guy to compete with him, hopefully someone that can cover ala KPL.

I realize that's just a highlight reel, but he does seem to have good instincts, and sideline-to-sideline speed. Keys for MLB. But yeah, they'll need another guy, too. 

36 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If Mooney really turns out to be someone who gets cut...wow. Makes a disappointing draft even more dismal. 

I realize that's just a highlight reel, but he does seem to have good instincts, and sideline-to-sideline speed. Keys for MLB. But yeah, they'll need another guy, too. 

That would be disappointing, but at least he's only a 5th rounder? Hackenburg for the Jets was a 2nd and never even threw a pass 😅

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

That would be disappointing, but at least he's only a 5th rounder? Hackenburg for the Jets was a 2nd and never even threw a pass 😅

Yeah, put to pass up the talent they did to draft a corner, then turn around and cut the WR they DID draft? Yikes.

And that whole Hackenburg fiasco was really, really weird. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah, put to pass up the talent they did to draft a corner, then turn around and cut the WR they DID draft? Yikes.

And that whole Hackenburg fiasco was really, really weird. 

Do you mean Johnson or Kindle? I'm not mad at Johnson because that guy looks like a stud. Kindle, I can understand wanting to get ready for the future, but OL is just so much of a need that you can't pass on it.

Also, I actually liked Hackenburg at the time. Thought he'd need a few years to sit behind an established guy, but apparently I'm blind 😅😅