Does more need to be done?

Heinz D.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:53 AM, The_Romen said:

Mooney didn't look 4.3 on his "film" to me. I'm sure Ginn and him are similar at this point... I wouldn't fear either of them as a DC.

As far as Ledarius, I'm not ruling him out by any means. The fact he can possibly make a roster as a UDFA that's barely played football is a big reason for hope with him. I'd still look for another guy to compete with him, hopefully someone that can cover ala KPL.

I would say Ledarius is about 500-1 to make the team and about 50-1 to even make practice squad.  Only reason they keep him on practice squad would be as a favor to Mack. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Who said anything about him needing to excel if he came here? He's a UFA on May 24. Do you really think ANYONE they'd sign now would come in and break records? Miller has shown over and over that if he's called upon to catch the ball, he can do it. Is he Ladainian Tomlinson in that regard? No, but they just need someone *capable*

I don’t recall asking for LT. I just appreciate Freeman more 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I would say Ledarius is about 500-1 to make the team and about 50-1 to even make practice squad.  Only reason they keep him on practice squad would be as a favor to Mack. 

Why is that? He's just not very good? 

15 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Recent injury issues aside, Freeman's a better back, yeah. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Why is that? He's just not very good? 

Recent injury issues aside, Freeman's a better back, yeah. 

Most UDFA's aren't good

I'd take Freeman but imo Miller fits this offense better

44 minutes ago, Tyty said:

You seem to be. All he said was Miller was capable and you came back with a sarcastic "lmao" response. Freeman's wonderful until he's on the injury report every week

Edited by beardown3231

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Cool. While we disagree on player, we obviously agree that something needs to be done. 

I hope that happens. 

When adding vet RB depth came up a week or so ago in another thread I said that I put Freeman and Miller as co-first options for us IMO, and I stand by that. Both would fill our need. Freeman seems to want pretty significant money for what on our team would be a clear #2 RB role and I don’t see that happening here. Whether you think the vet RB’s role should be a true backup to Montgomery vs. a timeshare (I do) is a different discussion, but it certainly appears that’d be the role for us, with that being even smaller here than similar roles elsewhere because Cohen will also factor in.

Assuming health I’d expect any vet backup we sign to get a workload only slightly more in volume than that of Mike Davis last year. I think it’s going to be pretty much a break glass in case of emergency kind of situation. Given as much, I’m expecting a vet backup to be more like Spencer Ware or Bilal Powell. Less interesting for sure, but capable of filling that role adequately and on the cheap. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

When adding vet RB depth came up a week or so ago in another thread I said that I put Freeman and Miller as co-first options for us IMO, and I stand by that. Both would fill our need. Freeman seems to want pretty significant money for what on our team would be a clear #2 RB role and I don’t see that happening here. Whether you think the vet RB’s role should be a true backup to Montgomery vs. a timeshare (I do) is a different discussion, but it certainly appears that’d be the role for us, with that being even smaller here than similar roles elsewhere because Cohen will also factor in.

Assuming health I’d expect any vet backup we sign to get a workload only slightly more in volume than that of Mike Davis last year. I think it’s going to be pretty much a break glass in case of emergency kind of situation. Given as much, I’m expecting a vet backup to be more like Spencer Ware or Bilal Powell. Less interesting for sure, but capable of filling that role adequately and on the cheap. 

See what you're saying. Hope we get a guy to take snaps away from Cohen, though. But maybe no one can...O.o

49 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Is the guy nuts? Wow. 

I suppose I'd understand it. I mean, let's say his best offer is 1 year, $3M. Would me and you go get smacked around for 16 weeks for $3M? Yeah. But Freeman's made probably $25M in 6 years. He's also sustainted a ton of injuries. If he's done a good job with his money and doesn't want another knee/arm/foot/neck/chest/concussion issue for a small amount of cash (comparatively) with not as much playing time as usual, I can't say I blame him.

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I suppose I'd understand it. I mean, let's say his best offer is 1 year, $3M. Would me and you go get smacked around for 16 weeks for $3M? Yeah. But Freeman's made probably $25M in 6 years. He's also sustainted a ton of injuries. If he's done a good job with his money and doesn't want another knee/arm/foot/neck/chest/concussion issue for a small amount of cash (comparatively) with not as much playing time as usual, I can't say I blame him.

It's a weird tact, though. I mean...just retire then, right? Everybody and their brother knows some team isn't going to come out of the woodwork and offer him a massive deal, coming off injury. We know that, why doesn't he? o.O

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

It's a weird tact, though. I mean...just retire then, right? Everybody and their brother knows some team isn't going to come out of the woodwork and offer him a massive deal, coming off injury. We know that, why doesn't he? o.O

True. Maybe he thought he'd get an entire year guaranteed from some team. Beats me

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

True. Maybe he thought he'd get an entire year guaranteed from some team. Beats me

Not only has he been injured the last few years but his production as a rusher last year was well down. Not exactly in a high leverage spot.