Does more need to be done?

Heinz D.

2 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Do you mean Johnson or Kindle? I'm not mad at Johnson because that guy looks like a stud. Kindle, I can understand wanting to get ready for the future, but OL is just so much of a need that you can't pass on it.

Johnson. Guy looks really good and holds a ton of promise, I'm not denying that. But they could have had Mims. I would have went OL and Claypool/Mims with the picks. 

26 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I dont think we are cash strapped so I would really just like to splurge on an OG.... right now we are kind of depending on Ifedi to be good kicked inside, why not just overpay a vet OG? Nothing to lose really

No, there really isn't. Hopefully they do sign somebody like that, even if it isn't Warford...

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Johnson. Guy looks really good and holds a ton of promise, I'm not denying that. But they could have had Mims. I would have went OL and Claypool/Mims with the picks. 

Fair. I also would've done that, but I won't be mad if/when that guy starts tearing it up.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Lamar Miller is a better fit for our offense, imo. 

As a pure runner yeah but Devonta adds more to the passing game, which is necessary cause Mitch needs to be bailed out and become captain checkdown at this point 

54 minutes ago, Tyty said:

As a pure runner yeah but Devonta adds more to the passing game, which is necessary cause Mitch needs to be bailed out and become captain checkdown at this point 

Miller is a capable receiver too. He has 203 receptions the past 6 years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I would

33 catches for 110 yards per year isn’t competent. This is like when we signed Cordarelle and y’all said he would be the next Jerry Rice for our offense. You guys make me feel like I’m taking crazy pills. 

12 minutes ago, Tyty said:

33 catches for 110 yards per year isn’t competent. This is like when we signed Cordarelle and y’all said he would be the next Jerry Rice for our offense. You guys make me feel like I’m taking crazy pills. 

Aside from his rookie year Miller's never had 110 yards in a season. Receiving yards are a tough metric for RB's. Maybe the catches were made in traffic, maybe the throws were behind him, maybe the blocking was bad. But his catches shows he's *capable*. @AZBearsFan said he's capable, not great, and Miller is indeed capable.

I'm not sure who said Patterson was Jerry Rice. Patterson was coming off of a season in NE where he was used a lot as an RB and fans thought he'd be used all over the field here too. He wasn't. No one said he'd be a #1 WR.

Edited by beardown3231

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Aside from his rookie year Miller's never had 110 yards in a season. Receiving yards are a tough metric for RB's. Maybe the catches were made in traffic, maybe the throws were behind him, maybe the blocking was bad. But his catches shows he's *capable*. @AZBearsFan said he's capable, not great, and Miller is indeed capable.

I'm not sure who said Patterson was Jerry Rice. Patterson was coming off of a season in NE where he was used a lot as an RB and fans thought he'd be used all over the field here too. He wasn't. No one said he'd be a #1 WR.

I exaggerated both cases because both cases get exaggerated by y’all. Lamar’s stats don’t show any sort of excellence in the pass game as the premier guy. He won’t be a premier guy for us so he won’t come anywhere near those already pedestrian stats. 

I just remember being torn to shreds when I said he wouldn’t add much to our offense when everywhen said he’d be lethal as a Swiss army man. Then he went for 80 receiving and 100 rushing with zero TDs but I’m sure I’m still in the wrong lol. Sure he’s a decent KR but I don’t know what that even means anymore. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I exaggerated both cases because both cases get exaggerated by y’all. Lamar’s stats don’t show any sort of excellence in the pass game as the premier guy. He won’t be a premier guy for us so he won’t come anywhere near those already pedestrian stats. 

I just remember being torn to shreds when I said he wouldn’t add much to our offense when everywhen said he’d be lethal as a Swiss army man. Then he went for 80 receiving and 100 rushing with zero TDs but I’m sure I’m still in the wrong lol. Sure he’s a decent KR but I don’t know what that even means anymore. 

Well Patterson definitely showed he can be a lethal weapon... Nagy just didn't use him. The kick returner thing I agree on, but he was excellent as a gunner.

Miller can catch. He's not Forte, but he's not Carlos Hyde. He'll be a complimentary back that can change it up here and there.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

A lot of folks thought he'd be used extensively at RB. I didn't think that was very likely, and as it turned out, it didn't happen. Patterson did flash a lot out there on the field, but he wasn't used all that much for some reason. Or, maybe Mitch just didn't target him like he should of. I don't know. 

Edited by Heinz D.

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

Who said anything about him needing to excel if he came here? He's a UFA on May 24. Do you really think ANYONE they'd sign now would come in and break records? Miller has shown over and over that if he's called upon to catch the ball, he can do it. Is he Ladainian Tomlinson in that regard? No, but they just need someone *capable*

• Like 1