Does more need to be done?

Heinz D.

9 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not sure what Pace should do. He's going to keep swinging (and missing) at the offensive side of the ball as long as the job is his. He's done a miserable job at TE (now on his second try after the Burton/Shaheen mess) and totally botched the QB spot (now on his second try after the Trubisky/Glennon dumpster fire). His job at WR- Robinson aside- has been abysmal. He constantly avoids the OL. He thought Mike Davis was a good idea.

He got the defense to greatness in 4 offseasons. He's gotten the offense to terrible in 6. This is exactly why @WindyCity and I believe he's not only on strike 3 but he's headed for the golden sombrero. He clearly has a great eye for defensive talent, but his eye for offensive talent is blind. 

I'm afraid the defense probably has this year and next as championship caliber, and I don't believe the O will ever be good enough.

Yeah, his offensive mistakes are massive and just completely baffling. Paying Dion Sims and Markus Wheaton those contracts was mind blowing at the time, even worse with hindsight.

The defense still has two years minimum, I think, as long as they keep adding.

I guess would you rather keep developing and hope for more cohesion, or dip into FA and get anyone Nagy wants? Should they stopgap it and hope they can get an average offense? Has it ever been done that way in NFL history before?

9 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not sure what Pace should do. He's going to keep swinging (and missing) at the offensive side of the ball as long as the job is his. He's done a miserable job at TE (now on his second try after the Burton/Shaheen mess) and totally botched the QB spot (now on his second try after the Trubisky/Glennon dumpster fire). His job at WR- Robinson aside- has been abysmal. He constantly avoids the OL. He thought Mike Davis was a good idea.

He got the defense to greatness in 4 offseasons. He's gotten the offense to terrible in 6. This is exactly why @WindyCity and I believe he's not only on strike 3 but he's headed for the golden sombrero. He clearly has a great eye for defensive talent, but his eye for offensive talent is blind. 

I'm afraid the defense probably has this year and next as championship caliber, and I don't believe the O will ever be good enough.

Lol. This site becomes more and more of a joke everyday because of posts like these. The same garbage spiel with no context. 

The bold parts are more even laughable simply because I hate sheep and that's exactly what you are. When I was criticizing Mitch before the 2018 season you were probably one of those very same people defending him time and time again until it became cool to say he sucks---but you live and die by twitter so that's no surprise. And I bet when Pace signed Mike Davis you were praising that move too, because you read it on twitter, and now hear are saying it was bad move.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Lol. This site becomes more and more of a joke everyday because of posts like these. The same garbage spiel with no context. 

The bold parts are more even laughable simply because I hate sheep and that's exactly what you are. When I was criticizing Mitch before the 2018 season you were probably one of those very same people defending him time and time again until it became cool to say he sucks---but you live and die by twitter so that's no surprise. And I bet when Pace signed Mike Davis you were praising that move too, because you read it on twitter, and now hear are saying it was bad move.

What's your problem? So from the sound of it, you make the most educated opinions right off the bat but anyone else makes bad opinions especially those who criticize the moves later on? That's your whole thing huh?

Glennon was a bad move, and I hated it right away. Trubisky is now a bad move. Who cares what we thought? We're fans. We aren't qualified to be the GM and we don't make millions to make those calls. I liked the Trubisky pick only because I liked the idea of taking a QB. I liked the progress he showed early on and since then he's been ****. I was indifferent about the Davis signing. What does twitter have to do with it? I only follow beat writers, athletes, celebs and random other things and those people/companies generally don't make an opinion, so no I don't base my opinion off of twitter.

Pace has done a terrible job of putting an offense together. Funny how months ago you put a post together on how disappointing the organization is year in, year out but that was fine. Now anyone else criticizes moves and you're here to make fun of their opinion. You repeatedly "lol" at opinions of everyone here, so why are you here exactly?

Edited by beardown3231

^^Jesus, so much is laughable, I don't even know where to begin with this trash. The idea that companies and beat writers don't posts opinions when that is literally their job? Or that you were "indifferent" about the Mike Davis signing when the thread says otherwise? Or that you act like Pace runs the offense?

But I'm done here. Beating a dead horse.

Edited by JustAnotherFan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

^^Jesus, so much is laughable, I don't even know where to begin with this trash. The idea that companies and beat writers don't posts opinions when that is literally their job? Or that you were "indifferent" about the Mike Davis signing when the thread says otherwise? Or that you act like Pace runs the offense?

But I'm done here. Beating a dead horse.

What company tweets their opinion on a Bears free agent pick up?

Beat writers don't necessarily post their opinion. Jahns will post that the Bears signed X, X's stats for the last season/2 seasons/career/etc and then maybe write an article on how he can help the team. He's never going to write that the signing sucks. Ultimately he may write a recap or a game saying X was bad, good, non-existent, whatever.

"Pace runs the offense." Right that's what I said. With this collection of talent Tom Landry wouldn't make this offense a good one the way it's currently constructed, or do you think Trubisky, Shaheen, Leno, Massie, Miller, and Montgomery into Pro Bowlers?

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What company tweets their opinion on a Bears free agent pick up?

Every single company out there who hires beat writers to form opinions.

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Beat writers don't necessarily post their opinion. Jahns will post that the Bears signed X, X's stats for the last season/2 seasons/career/etc and then maybe write an article on how he can help the team.

Article posted yesterday by Jahns.

https://theathletic.com/1846209/2020/05/31/ranking-the-bears-positions-by-concern-with-an-early-53-man-roster-prediction/

I can't believe I have to explain this job to you.

12 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Every single company out there who hires beat writers to form opinions.

Article posted yesterday by Jahns.

https://theathletic.com/1846209/2020/05/31/ranking-the-bears-positions-by-concern-with-an-early-53-man-roster-prediction/

I can't believe I have to explain this job to you.

I don't follow THOSE companies. I don't follow the Athletic, Sun Times, etc. When I said companies I meant- Marriott, Lettuce Entertain You, and Nike. Those are the 3 companies I follow.

You don't have to explain anything to me. I'm referring to when a player is initially drafted or signed. They really don't have a positive or negative reaction "right away."

This sounds like excuse making, but I feel like Pace has had above average luck on D and far far below average luck with the offense.

Eddie Jackson didn't stay hurt

Akiem Hicks took a HUGE leap

Danny Trevathan's health improved (until the elbow)

Kyle Fuller De-busted

Adrian Amos was a steal

Mack was available

Eddie Goldman panned out

From the above moves, the only one that was seemed like a certain home run was Mack

On offense:

Kevin White was a physical freak,  widely thought of as a top 10 difference making pick and by even skeptical journo (pompei) accoutns looked kickass until he got hurt 

Trey Burton was a good player buried on a good offense, and I don't know why we keep forgetting this, but played well and was a critical dumpoff for 10 in 2018

Shaheen by all acounts looked awesome before getting hurt. I saw him live before the 2019 season and he looked broken then just walking around. 

Long was a warrior, and a great player until he couldn't get it done anymore

Trubisky was always debatable as the first QB. If I had to recall and put a number on it, more people had him as #1 than did either Watson or Mahomes

We had abysmal receivers in 2017 and Pace went out and got AR and drafted  Miller, AR worked out great but Miller is still a * due to injury

I love seeing a game turn on a good bounce, and it just doesn't boune Pace's way on O very much.

THe offense blew goats all last year, but it's not like he hasn't made moves to address it, they've just failed for a broad spectrum of reasons. THe only critical failure that I lay totally on him is the OL.  Watching 2018 games over in the offseason before 2019, the thing that jumped out to me (besides a tentative "Mitch is gonna be good!" lol) is that there were so many broken plays and missed blocks on OL that it was alarming.  Then they got worse. 

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

This sounds like excuse making, but I feel like Pace has had above average luck on D and far far below average luck with the offense.

Eddie Jackson didn't stay hurt

Akiem Hicks took a HUGE leap

Danny Trevathan's health improved (until the elbow)

Kyle Fuller De-busted

Adrian Amos was a steal

Mack was available

Eddie Goldman panned out

From the above moves, the only one that was seemed like a certain home run was Mack

On offense:

Kevin White was a physical freak,  widely thought of as a top 10 difference making pick and by even skeptical journo (pompei) accoutns looked kickass until he got hurt 

Trey Burton was a good player buried on a good offense, and I don't know why we keep forgetting this, but played well and was a critical dumpoff for 10 in 2018

Shaheen by all acounts looked awesome before getting hurt. I saw him live before the 2019 season and he looked broken then just walking around. 

Long was a warrior, and a great player until he couldn't get it done anymore

Trubisky was always debatable as the first QB. If I had to recall and put a number on it, more people had him as #1 than did either Watson or Mahomes

We had abysmal receivers in 2017 and Pace went out and got AR and drafted  Miller, AR worked out great but Miller is still a * due to injury

I love seeing a game turn on a good bounce, and it just doesn't boune Pace's way on O very much.

THe offense blew goats all last year, but it's not like he hasn't made moves to address it, they've just failed for a broad spectrum of reasons. THe only critical failure that I lay totally on him is the OL.  Watching 2018 games over in the offseason before 2019, the thing that jumped out to me (besides a tentative "Mitch is gonna be good!" lol) is that there were so many broken plays and missed blocks on OL that it was alarming.  Then they got worse. 

Repeated "bad luck" is probably a sign that someone cannot do anything.

I went 1/5 from 3 in Senior Mens Basketball this season. Were the 4 misses bad luck or should I get back in the paint?

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I went 1/5 from 3 in Senior Mens Basketball this season. Were the 4 misses bad luck or should I get back in the paint?

Hard to say. How bad are you in the paint? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I'm not going to argue with results, but these aren't huge samples, so I still feel like a lot of the offensive misses were just rotten luck. If I had to list the worst judgement calls I would have said:

Counting on Long in 2019 (@dll2000 has some great insight from watching a practice on why this was doomed)

Drafting Shaheen with a trade 

Trubisky seemed like as good a gamble as any at the time, White seemed like a future star, Burton seemed good and played well before he hurt his crotch or his pride or whatever

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Shooters shoot.

19 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I haven’t played basketball in 15 years, but I shoot without conscience.  Conscious?   One of those.