Does Joe Judge win Super Bowls with the NYG?

Championshiporbust

Assume every team has even odds: 

~3% chance they win

~6% chance in two years

~9% chance in three years.

Since it's the Giants those odds are lower, maybe 5% chance in three years if we're being generous

Probably something like 50% chance he'll be gone by three years.

I'll say 6% chance he wins any bowls with the Giants

I think working under both Saban and Bill Belichick is definitely a positive, but no one knows what he was able to pull from them. Ultimately you need to build a team to get to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl; that responsibility rests with Gettleman at this point. My question would be 'Do you trust Gettleman to get Judge the players to win a Super Bowl?'. We've seen coaches take teams built by the former head coach and win a Super Bowl like George Seifert and Barry Switzer, granted there was already an established culture on these teams, but the point remains, that if you have a loaded roster it makes coaching a much easier task.  

I don't know if he'll win a Super Bowl but I think he has a chance to get to one.  As soon as this year.

The Giants have a sneaky good roster with tons of talent they have acquired in the last 3 drafts.  To me they have arguably the best building blocks as a duo at the QB and RB position.  Daniel Jones looks like a true franchise QB and Saquon Barkley is the best RB since Adrian Peterson.  I like how they have rebuilt the offensive line and I believe they have an All-Pro difference maker on the defensive line in Dexter Lawrence.  Add to that a couple of good free agency aquisitions on defense and it wouldn't surprise me if they have a 2019 San Francisco 49ers type season where they go from worst to the Super Bowl.

NY Giants are my sleeper team in the NFC to make it to the Super Bowl this year. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

:scratches head:

Even if you take out WR drops he was pretty terrible last year. 

Just a heads up. The data that's used for this is from Sportsradar and they are very conservative when charting dropped passes, so I would take that into consideration here. 

For example, the Bears game in week 1 against GB they charted 2 dropped passes in that game (One from Robinson and another for tarik COhen) when there was actually 3 dropped passes. Adam Shaheen dropped a pass in the 4th quarter that was not charted.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Just a heads up. The data that's used for this is from Sportsradar and they are very conservative when charting dropped passes, so I would take that into consideration here. 

For example, the Bears game in week 1 against GB they charted 2 dropped passes in that game (One from Robinson and another for tarik COhen) when there was actually 3 dropped passes. Adam Shaheen dropped a pass in the 4th quarter that was not charted.

You would assume that it would be conservative across the board right? So it should be a pretty fair estimation I would think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

You would assume that it would be conservative across the board right? So it should be a pretty fair estimation I would think.

Dropped passes can be subjective. I'm not saying to outright discredit it. I'm just saying that you have to keep those things in mind and not take the info as hard facts is all.

• Like 1

I believe he will coach them to a Super Bowl in a few years. Giants seem to luck into a good disciplinary HC after a terrible one. Saquon is too talented and if Eli Manning can win a SB, then I don't see why Daniel Jones couldn't. He is essential a copy of Eli.

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

:scratches head:

EYIMaV6WsAAavNL?format=png&name=4096x409

Even if you take out WR drops he was pretty terrible last year. 

If you know anything about me you should know I could care less about stats.  They are only backwards looking.  I use the eye test exclusively when it comes to projecting players and teams forward in time.  And based on what I saw last year I am fully bought into Daniel Jones as a premier franchise QB.  In fact I was sold on him just based on his preseason film.

Daniel Jones will be a great QB in this league.  I expect him and Drew Lock to battle it out on who will be the best QB from the 2019 draft.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Classic said:

I believe he will coach them to a Super Bowl in a few years. Giants seem to luck into a good disciplinary HC after a terrible one. Saquon is too talented and if Eli Manning can win a SB, then I don't see why Daniel Jones couldn't. He is essential a copy of Eli.

Yes but the real question is, Who steps up as the next David Tyree, Mario Manningham?