iLikeDefense

Who's going to win Sunday?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win Sunday?

• Denver Broncos
    • Oakland Raiders
    • Colorado Rockies
    • Milwaukee Brewers

Strange as It may seem, sports books have already started tracking the effect kneeling/sitting during the anthem affects the score and have put a number on it.

After last week a 13 player differential between protesting players has a 7 point differential on the final score.

Interesting to note that the two teams, Ravens and Raiders, with almost 100% protesters were the two most underperforming teams last weekend.

Just food for thought.

31 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

We had a 3-4 front with a 270 pounder and 280 pounder lining up against the biggest offensive line in the NFL and didn't have Talib. That's why it was a blowout. That game wasn't in Denver either, which should always be treated as essentially a touchdown swing. Home field matters. 

And there's a good chance Denver still wins in Week 17 with a healthy Carr, I'd argue it's far more likely than not. That game was a blowout, even really good QBs don't move a line 19 points.

Talib is a corner. We ran the ball down your throats last year, so the first game would've looked similarly had he played or not.  The only difference would've been Crabtree probably wouldn't have made it out that first game with his chain had Talib played. 

And the last game was basically an aberration against a team that knew it was done once Carr got hurt. And yeah, the difference between a top 3 MVP candidate QB and a fourth round rookie QB making his first start against that defense Is about 19 points. We win that game handily had Carr played imo, especially since home field advantage would've been on the line for us.

Raiders have a deadly power run game and their interior OL usually gives Carr a clean pocket to step into. As good as our defensive front has been, they're simply at a physical disadvantage in this matchup, so I'd like to see see more double A-gap blitzes, stunts, lining Von up over center etc. Counter their strength with our speed and versatility. Integrity for Von and Shaq on the edge isn't nearly as important in this game as it was against Dak, Tyrod, Zeke and Shady. 

They need to collapse that pocket from the insideand create penetration against their run game. That moment of hesitation vs. ability to go full steam ahead makes Lynch a totally different player, almost a polar opposite stylistically to Shady McCoy. If you give Lynch two-three yards before contact, he'll get three-four more every time, so they need to leave no gap unaccounted for and occasionally knife into the backfield and make Lynch change direction. Stop his feet and you win. It will be hugely important for Marshall and Davis to continue coming downhill with authority before our DL can get washed out because at times they just will. And with this defense's speed, you don't worry about Lynch getting to the edge so much, especially a week after mostly containing Shady. You have to cause problems for Osemele, Hudson and Jackson, that group is the head of the snake for their offense. 

We know Von can win his matchup vs. Newhouse but they will adjust and try to scheme him out of the game. Move him around and unleash him as well as Barrett and our ILBs against that three man unit. Von has lined up over the center a few times this year and it's been devastating. More of that this week. Dak and Tyrod escaped so many would-be sacks Carr won't be able to but they'll have to do more to scheme up sacks this week. 

38 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Talib is a corner. We ran the ball down your throats last year, so the first game would've looked similarly had he played or not.  The only difference would've been Crabtree probably wouldn't have made it out that first game with his chain had Talib played. 

And the last game was basically an aberration against a team that knew it was done once Carr got hurt. And yeah, the difference between a top 3 MVP candidate QB and a fourth round rookie QB making his first start against that defense Is about 19 points. We win that game handily had Carr played imo, especially since home field advantage would've been on the line for us.

Talib did make a difference. Your passing game was able to pick their spots aginst Roby and Webster who was a huge downgrade in the lineup. And again, congrats to your huge offensive line for beating up on the smallest 3-man front in the NFL. Those are the cards you're dealt though, oh well. It was a huge win for your franchise, I understand your excitement but given the discussion was about the importance of home field and you're beating your chest about a game your team had at home...you seem to have missed the point while wanting to hype up your team. Yes, it's good for the NFL that the Raiders are back, I think everyone agrees. 

You can imagine a non-existent result if you want. It was a big game and you guys didn't show up. That's what actually happened. I don't have to project what I wish to happen onto losses, complete teams still show up. Imagining a Raiders blowout is pure fantasy. And anyone can imagine a non-existent result to a football game, it's kind of a pointless exercise though and useless in the context of your argument. FYI, only New England beat us "handily" in Denver and they would have destroyed you guys in the playoffs even with Carr. Injuries always make fans overstate how good a team was and over-project hypothetical success, so I get it.

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Talib did make a difference. Your passing game was able to pick their spots aginst Roby and Webster who was a huge downgrade in the lineup. And again, congrats to your huge offensive line for beating up on the smallest 3-man front in the NFL. Those are the cards you're dealt though, oh well. It was a huge win for your franchise, I understand your excitement but given the discussion was about the importance of home field and you're beating your chest about a game your team had at home...you seem to have missed the point while wanting to hype up your team. Yes, it's good for the NFL that the Raiders are back, I think everyone agrees. 

You can imagine a non-existent result if you want. It was a big game and you guys didn't show up. That's what actually happened. I don't have to project what I wish to happen onto losses, complete teams still show up. Imagining a Raiders blowout is pure fantasy. And anyone can imagine a non-existent result to a football game, it's kind of a pointless exercise though and useless in the context of your argument. FYI, only New England beat us "handily" in Denver and they would have destroyed you guys in the playoffs even with Carr. Injuries always make fans overstate how good a team was and over-project hypothetical success, so I get it.

Its quite funny how you brought up Talib (a corner) missing the first game as an excuse to why the first game was a blowout, then turn around and try to downplay Carr (MVP caliber QB) missing the second game saying the game still would've likely been the same had he played or not lol. And I didn't say we would've blown out you guys in the 2nd game, I just believe we wouldve won handily. Thats not an outrageous statement to make. We were the better team last year and had everything to play for in that final game, so yeah i believe the outcome would have been a tad different had our stud qb played. Thats just my opinion, though.

Anyways I think we agree in regards to Sunday - Neither team will win in a blowout. I think it'll be a close game throughout. I think home field is a bit overstated when it comes to divisional games. The Raiders know how to play in Denver. We know how to win in Denver. The Raiders won't be shocked by the crown noise, or the altitude like Dallas was. 

Ill go 24-20 Raiders with a late Trevor int to seal the game.

6 hours ago, broncos67 said:

I don't think we're going to get throttled at home. I would be shocked if that were the case. It's hilarious how after 2 good games and one down game, suddenly we're an awful team. Broncos fans are so reactionary.

I think it's a close one, and I would expect us to win at home coming off a poor performance against Buffalo. Oakland is not quite as good as advertised, particularly their defense, which has been dreadful to date.

I'll say Denver 24-21

Not reactionary at all.  It's not a good matchup for Denver's offense.  Mack alone could (and has) wreck Denver's entire offense.  

Both teams are in a good spot here, good teams as evidenced by their flawless 2-0 starts but then both fell in the trap on the road last week. Toss up game this week, it’s hard to pick against the Broncos at home, but this is the first offense we’ve played against all season that’s going unashamedly spread the field and have their QB control the tempo. Marshawn Lynch should be fairly easy to shut down (our run defense has looked great) but really the no fly zone have been allowing quite a few airplanes to pass through the vicinity and I think Carr may continue the success of messrs Rivers, Prescott and Taylor.

I’ll take the Raiders in a nail biter, 24-23

18 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Strange as It may seem, sports books have already started tracking the effect kneeling/sitting during the anthem affects the score and have put a number on it.

After last week a 13 player differential between protesting players has a 7 point differential on the final score.

Interesting to note that the two teams, Ravens and Raiders, with almost 100% protesters were the two most underperforming teams last weekend.

Just food for thought.

Fair- but those two teams also travelled some of the furthest distances and had major time zone differences. I'll guess that based on history, the time zone difference contributed to the underperformance far more than the kneeling.

Hey good luck this week guys! I think this is a true 50/50 game between two solid football teams. Actually think you guys will take this but it's a very even game in Denver and could go either way. 

I think this one is way more simple than most games. Whoever wins the trenches on both sides and wins the turnover battle will win this game. Tiebreaker goes to the better coaching. 

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Fair- but those two teams also travelled some of the furthest distances and had major time zone differences. I'll guess that based on history, the time zone difference contributed to the underperformance far more than the kneeling.

I have no idea if there was a protest based effect or not

I just thought it was interesting how quickly Vegas jumped on a possible new factor that may affect the final score.

Don't know if anyone is watching the Dolphins V Saints from Wembley - man it is a brutal game of football. 0-0 with a minute ot go in the first half - hardly two plays in a row without a penalty

these have been the recent plays

run no gain

penalty

sack

punt (with a penalty)

run -2 yds

run no gain

incomplete pass

penalty

penalty

penalty

Run no gain  - fumble recovered  (with a review for the spot of the ball)

Run 1yd

pass - no gain

punt

incomplete pass

incomplete pass

1 hour ago, jolly red giant said:

Don't know if anyone is watching the Dolphins V Saints from Wembley - man it is a brutal game of football. 0-0 with a minute ot go in the first half - hardly two plays in a row without a penalty

these have been the recent plays

run no gain

penalty

sack

punt (with a penalty)

run -2 yds

run no gain

incomplete pass

penalty

penalty

penalty

Run no gain  - fumble recovered  (with a review for the spot of the ball)

Run 1yd

pass - no gain

punt

incomplete pass

incomplete pass

Strange way to impress a British crowd.

Archived