Build a City - Post-Draft Voting

jcrell623

Congrats @Heymangold @RaykwonDaChef @festiveonion @BillsGuy82 @I_GET_SAX @djw4bucs @CHOMP_CHOMP @bcb1213 @kurgan @NickChowaniec on successfully righting the ship on this one, glad we finished this league (well almost, will be finished in the morn). 

As previously discussed, voting will consist of 4 "divisional rounds" for each sport, each division having 3 teams w one winner crowned to enter the final four/bracket style voting.

Each team can post a blurb advocating for their roster as the best franchise. Voting is all-around best draft, including potential for current and future success, team fit, etc. 

Can add more in here on voting mechanics/timing, but wanted to get this set up

NHL Voting Results
Division Winners/Final Four: Colorado Avalanche / Orlando Solar Bears / Buffalo Sabres / Chicago Blackhawks
Champion: Colorado Avalanche defeat Chicago Blackhawks

NBA Voting Results
Division Winners/Final Four: Tampa Bay Rain / Orlando Magic / Buffalo Braves / San Antonio Spurs
Champion: Orlando Magic defeat Buffalo Braves

MLB Voting Results
Division Winners/Final Four: San Antonio Missions / New York Yankees / Colorado Rockies / Toronto Blue Jays
Champion: Colorado Rockies defeat San Antonio Missions

NFL Voting Results 
Division Winners/Final Four: Buffalo Bills / Tampa Bay Buccaneers / New York Jets / Chicago Bears
Champion:

Edited by jcrell623

I really like what the Avalanche did here. They got a lot of players I was targeting and I like how that team was built best of that division.

I am not overly thrilled by my Caps defense, so I will side with the Penguins on this one (ew, did I say that?). 

Milwaukee is the clear winner for me in the C division. The team is stacked now, and for the near future. I really like that team put together. 

Toronto is very intriguing in my book, and so are the Lightning, but I can't turn away from what Chicago did. Just a stud lineup. 

NHL Voting Results
Division Winners/Final Four: Avalanche, Penguins, Milwaukee, Chicago
Champion: Milwaukee over Avalanche

For starters...
Pardon my stupidity for the most part here if I forget anyone egregious or say something outlandish. Gonna try my best to stay realistic and be modest with my own team and drafting skills too. I'll probably go into more detail when we decide that it's time for us to defend our teams. 
I know 40 times more about hockey after this exercise than I did when we started the cornerstone rounds... which is to say I still don't know much. Don't hate me. Or do. 

A

Colorado has the best goalie in the league, a top ten player in Barkov and perhaps the most underrated guy in the league in Huberdeau. The defense has legit scores as well. I give the edge to the Avalanche. 

B

Caps and Penguins are both really deep on first glance. Those second lines read like first team lines for some of these teams. This one is tough. But defense and goalie give the edge to the Penguins

C

Feel free to disagree but having three top 10 players on your first line and the best goalie in the division makes this a win for Milwaukee.

D

D is the gauntlet for sure. Each team has a young future cornerstone leading them and each are worth the vote.

Toronto has the best player in the league. 
Tampa has the offensive edge. 
Chicago the defense. 

This one is a toss up. Gun to my head I'm taking Chicago.

So i guess my voting will be a little different because im going to vote how well a franchise was built, not just who would win a game, which is what the purpose of this draft was. 

A:

Really close matchup between all 3 teams. All have young, talented players to build around, as well as a veteran core. All 3 goalies are top of the line, but i think Vasy separates himself as the best of the bunch. Boston i think has the edge for the blue line players, as all 4 are young as well as extremely good players. But New Jersey isnt far behind and has a great group as well. Im dont love Colorados defense, although i dont dislike it either. Overall, i just love how New Jersey is set up for the future and think they have the brightest track for the next 7 years. 

B:

This division is a odd one. 2 teams that built a team ready to win now, but with no real plan for the future. And then 1 team built to win in the future, but how far out? I mean i have to go with Orlando here, simply because more than half of the other teams players will be 35 or older in 3 years, and there is no real plan in place with younger talent on the roster. 

C:

Another close division. Tough to find a standout for me. Milwaukee has a tremendous amount of talent, but the top end is on the older side. However, they did add some younger talent behind Crosby. But the other 2 teams has so much upside its tough to pass. Chabot is in the argument for best youg defenseman in the league, and Buffalo's 1st line has crazy potential. Im going to stick with my gut and go Buffalo here. They may not be the best team now, but in 2 years when Milwaukee's stars are no longer in their prime, Buffalos will be. 

D: 

I think this is by far the toughest division, and i honestly think they could be the top-3 teams. All 3 have a really good blend of youth, and veteran talent. As well as guys who could blowup. I think my 1st line of Aho/MacKinnon/Draisatl is the best line built, and all 3 are under 25 so they are going to be a problem for a long time. That said, i think everyone in this division has a tremendous 1st line. Overall, im going to vote for myself, because i think my defense sets my apart. Lindell and Werenski are both top-10 defenders and under 25. Really close division though. 

• Like 1

I inherited a extreme homer team with Adam Fox who has no business being a cornerstone and a goalie who went 5-6 rounds too early. Feel like I did reasonably well but I'm not gonna homer up and pick myself

I'm also gonna judge by best team built for the future, that being said 

Group A - Colorado 

Group B -  Orlando

Group C - San Antonio

Group D - Tampa Bay 

• Like 1