Build a City - Post-Draft Voting

jcrell623

On 5/24/2020 at 12:11 AM, jcrell623 said:

NBA Voting

A-NBA.png

B-NBA.png

C-NBA.png

D-NBA.png

Know more about NBA. I’m excited for this one. 

A

Celtics bring a lot of future upside with that starting lineup.. but that shouldn’t take away that this team can win games now. Drummond is a tough fit anywhere but there’s plenty of spacing around him to get by... I wouldn’t be the most excited come playoffs. Lonzo is a bigger PG. Maybe the plan is to bring Graham off the bench and roll with the other four sans Andre. 

Denver put together another good squad. They have plenty of upside even with some older headliners in Kyrie and Jrue. Nurk is a good spell and Wood is underrated. There’s a lot of versatility with those ten and they could all see the floor except maybe Winslow, who I’m not crazy about. I wonder if Kyrie, Mitchell and KAT are enough to match up with some of these rosters.. but make no mistake this team is deep. 

Tampa obviously stuck with the youth movement. Ingram, Morant and JJJ are really, really well placed as building blocks. AD solidifies the Rain (great name) are in playoff contention. The bench is iffy here. Depth isn’t incredible. I’d personally have Anunoby over Nunn as a starter, not to say that Nunn isn’t a good piece as well. 

I think with the versatility allowed as well as depth, I’d have to go with Denver here. Although it’s closer than I would have thought initially. 

This Magic team is pretty deep. Might be the best defensive roster in the Association upon first glance. Kawai, Jimmy and Walker are a good fit. Harrell can run a little bit. The roster is versatile and looks to be able to handle anything anyone throws at them. Not gonna blow anyone away on offense but that shouldn’t be their game anyway. 

Pairing Trae and Luka together is nuts lol and getting Rudy and Draymond makes for another really good defense. Pittsburg kinda putters out after that for me tho. They have pieces but I wouldn’t say they’re world beaters. 
I still like Mo. He can grow with the other two young guys. 

Bulls have to feel better about their roster than recent years lol... This team can switch, which is so important for today’s game... but Ayton, Simmons, and SGA is a good start for building blocks, as well as Murray. I don’t like Lauri.. but if he’s gonna work anywhere it’ll be with this group. Middleton remains maybe the most underrated player in the NBA. 

This division is really tough. 
Bulls and Magic are both well built almost all the way thru. Bulls are more switchable, but Magic more versatile... if that makes sense. 
Id be worried about the 4 spot if I was Chicago and pace if I was Orlando... but that’s nitpicking.

Im not a fan of rookies here so if you’re looking 1-9 for each team. I like the Magic there a hair more. But this really is a coin flip. 

Toronto has such a great starting five. They’re switchable. They can light up the scoreboards and play mean defense. VanVleet is underrated. This is a fantastic team. If I’m the Raptors, Hayward is my 6 man. There really isn’t a hole here.

Buffalo has the best player in the NBA in Giannis. Fox, Klay, and Tatum are built to play his pace and his strengths. Vuc is not, but isn’t the most egregious 5 next to the Freak. Bagley is intriguing, however, and it’s not like Giannis can’t play the 5 with Randle or Schroder subbing in. You wonder if that’s sustainable. 

Brooklyn has so much upside and will probably go underrated. That’s a very solid 9 man lineup (Don’t get Maxi), with plenty of future pieces who can still play right away.  They might get drowned out by bigger names in the division but I’d bet this team steals some games.

This might be the strongest division but I’m going Toronto here.. and there’s no shame in losing to them. If I’m their GM I like my chances to take it all.

The Bucks have a great lineup, and I’d be willing to bet Oladipo wins 6 man of the year. The team has the best three point shooting roster in the league which is where the game is today and is quite switchable. Covington’s is well documented as a defensive boon, but DiVencenzo and Robinson are two young, top performers at their respective positions as well. Advanced stats love Clarke. A lot of their success depends on KDs return, but if you’re going to bet on anyone it’s the superstar. 

You have to love that Spurs starting 5. Brogdon and Hardin seem made for each other as do Collins and Jokic.. and somehow Isaac ties them together nicely. This team is clearly going to play off The Beard, which isn’t a bad idea in the slightest.... and tho I’m not sure where Wall or Aldridge see the floor, LaMarcus has done it before and every other player is young with room to grow. Carter is a great backup to Jokic. He’s probably my 6 man if I’m San Antonio. Herro looks like he could be alright and the jury is out of Wiggins. I don’t love their defense.  

If you like the Bucks roster you’re going to like Washington’s too... and it’s kind of pick your poison if you’d rather Steph or LeAgeless. There are a ton of names here. Westbrook has experience with George... like King James has with KLove. This team has a ton of bigs, is very long at every position, and chock full of stat stuffers. Turner, Ingles, and Bojan are good 3 point match ups with James. And I think we would have all like to see PG play with him at some point. The roster is deep, but I’m not sure how well they fit together.. namely Brodie. 

I’m picking Milwaukee here as I see them the best 3 point shooters of the division with the best defense. 

Edited by festiveonion
  • Like 1

Division A: What an overall, all-around great division. I will never be sold on a Ball, so I worry about the Celtics a little bit. Zion could be an injury liability (I hope not). I am a huge Ja Morant fan. I think he is one of the future elites of the NBA. Pairing him with Davis and Ingram as the 3 option has me pretty sold. TB Rain.

Division B: Trae Young with Luka and Rudy manning the defense is a great 3some. Throw in Green to help and we should see some fireworks on offense with a competent defense. I'm not sure how I feel about the depth. That said, I learned not to doubt Kawahi. Kemba is one of the more underappreciated players in the NBA. I don't love the big men more than some might though. I think I am less on Chi town than others will be. I'm going with the Orlando Magic here, but it is close. 

Division C: I think the Braves run away with this. Good job. 

Division D: This is a power house division for the now imo. I am fully convinced my squad would be in the finals for the next couple of years. After that? Who knows how it would fall. I am not an Isaac fan, but I do love the idea of Jokic and Wall. I will abstain from this for now unless a tiebreaker is needed. 

my NBA voting:

Division A
It's hard not to like the Celtics, despite Murray being a huge reach in the cornerstone rounds. He just doesn't have the defensive upside, although the rest of the Celtics starters are A-level defenders and fit well w/ Zion. I think you'd like to see a little more catch-and-shooting ability to surround Zion with, but this team could be a force. Bench is not my favorite. The Nuggets also have a great team, built around Mitchell and Towns. Throw Kyrie in to the mix and you certainly have a contender in any division with that Big-3. Love the bench, Wood is super underrated, Holiday still has some left in the tank and provides versatility as a combo-guard, and Oubre is young, lengthy, and can score. If Nurkic can rebound from his injury that's a steal. I think where this team lost it for me were the forward positions. I think both Lavine and Gordon are bad fits here along side those three stars. It's hard not to like what the Tampa Bay Rain did. Once Anthony Davis + Ja were drafted in the cornerstone rounds it would be hard to not view them as a favorite. AD is probably the 2nd best player in this format, and Ja is not far behind. He is special. I love JJR and Ingram, both are perfect fits. Nunn is overrated and took advantage of some Heat injuries early this season, that would be my one knock in the starting five. I'm not that high on him. Bench is decent for me, but good enough to crown them division champs.

Division B
I like my team given the circumstances. NBA players flew off the boards int eh cornerstone rounds. I was eventually happy to grab my backcourt in Simmons and Alexander. I think I filled out the roster nicely, with a future nightly-25/12 center in Ayton and an absolute marksman and excellent defender in Middleton. I think I have the best bench in the division. Murray is phenomenal defensively and has the upside to round out into a nice penetrating scorer. LaMelo is the truth (you will see), Whiteside is still one of the best rim protectors in the game, and Hachimura has the upside. A little bench scoring from DeRozan. Needless to say, I don't think my team is the best in the division. Orlando built a team of savvy vets, and its hard to argue that Kemba, Jimmy Buckets, and Kawhi wouldn't push the league as champion over the next year or two. Sabonis is extremely underrated and fits very nicely. His only soft spot is post defense/rim protection, but the rest of the team is so good defensively that I don't think it matters. Love the bench here too. This was really close for me, but I think I have to go with the Pittsburgh Condors. After taking Trae and Luka I think they could have drafted Raymond Felton 8 times and still won. That is just too good and too young of a duo to ignore. I would have liked to see the bench add to the youth, which would be my one knack on the team. Tobias is great, and with Green and Gobert they make this team hard to score against (unless you are a PG). This was closer with the Magic than I had initially expected.

Division C
Another really close division. I love all 3 teams. The Raptors have a great squad. Not a fan of Porter, Jr., but with Barrett waiting in the wings and Hayward and Hunter as additional options I could let it slide. Siakam/Embiid is dangerous, Lillard is a savage, and you got the shooter in Hield. The Nets drafted extremely well. I really wanted Bam and was bummed when he got taken. Got sniped again w Porzingis. Porter Jr showed flashes this year and could have a successful career if the back holds up. The team is well balanced and has a good bench. Sexton isn't the best backup for Russell, another shoot first point guard with defensive shortfalls. I would hav eliked to see them bring in a solid defensive stopper in the backcourt. Backcourt defense seemse to be the one weakness here. The Braves are absolutely stacked. Fox is John Wall 2.0 (except somehow maybe faster?), Klay is top 5 all time shooter, and then you have your obvious cornerstones: Giannis (who should be 1A/1B w  Mahomes in this draft) and Tatum (who finished february off as a top 10 player). Vucevic is good enough to make this starting 5 one without a weakness. Bench is decent. I don't love Randle, he doesn't get blocks or have an impact offensively, and he just doesn't contribute to ball movement offensively. Bagley III pick was a steal. The rest of the bench is okay to me - Gary Harris has continued to decline year over year despite the sabremetrics guys tooting his horns a few years back after what now appears to be a blip in his shooting percentages. Nonethless, the Braves are the winners here for me and after battling out of the toughest division I think they should be close to favorites for the the title.

Division D
This is the weakest division for me when thinking long term, but probably the closest in terms of voting. The Wizards are stacked and should challenge year 1-2. I don't love the fit of Westbrook and James, but I think they'd find a way to make it work. Ingles had played most of the season at PG after Conley's injury, so putting him at the 4 is an absolute stretch. He would realistically play the 2 and George/James would slot down, but that would still work. Turner is a perennial underachiever, but perhaps being surrounded by greats would drive him to be more consistent. The bench is great, if not youthful. The Spurs have a solid team built around Harden and the Joker. I am a fan of the bench here as well. Isaac was having a breakout year and is an A++ defender. Collins is a beast as well. Bucks have the starters to challenge. I think Curry was a reach, but he fits exceptionally well with the rest of the squad - although I can't think of a situation where Curry is a bad fit. The bench here is the best in the division and its not even close for me. Oladipo is still young and once fully health should be a 20ppg guy. Robinson one of the best young shot blockers. Covington is an elite defender. Donte and Clarke both have a lot of upside as 2-way players. This was close for me - all teams have, but I think the Bucks just have too much quality shooting to be ignored 

Division A

1) Tampa Bay Rain
2) Denver Nuggets
3) Boston Celtics

Division B

1) Orlando Magic
2) Pittsburgh Condors
3) Chicago Bulls

Division C

1) Buffalo Braves
2) Toronto Raptors
3) Brooklyn Nets

Division D (this Division is super close, any of the 3 I could see winning)

1) Washington Wizards
2) Milwaukee Bucks
3) San Antonio Spurs

I promise I'm not as big of a homer as it seems xD I invested heavily in my NBA and NHL teams in the cornerstone draft early, they are definitely my strongest two teams. We just happened to vote on those first... I don't feel as confident in my football and baseball teams. 

• Like 1

Are we just gonna exclude benches ?

Well we lasted a round before everyone Homer's up there team. My starting 5 matches Buffalo and my bench demolishes there bench in regards to talent and upside and Embiid literally rapes Vucevic. 

Group A - Super tight division, all 3 teams are legit. Imo the tightest. Ultimately came down to Tampa and Boston with Tampa getting the edge with three deep bench.. Tampa

Group B - 2 horse race imo with Orlando and Pittsburgh. Both sick teams. Imo Orlando is the better team now, however Pittsburgh is locked and loaded for better long term success. In 3-4 years, Pittsburgh is better and this is what BaC is about. Building for the future and being competitive now.. Pittsburgh

Group C - I'm going with my Raps. Deepest bench, built for long term and can most definitely win now. Otto Porter is the weak link in my S5 but hes only keeping the spot warm for DeAndre Hunter who is the future, Gordon Hayward will be lots of time off the bench at SF for the now. Buffalo has a dope starting 5 and is a top team in this but I give definitive advantage in my back court and massive advantage with my bench. Giannis andd Tatum are dope, but we match with Siakam and Embiid on the boards. Giannis will have a tough time defending on the perimeter.. Toronto 

Group D - This division is more built for 2020 fantasy basketball over BaC. Milwaukee is undersized and has players playing out of position. Good talent but epic fail on fits. Washington is gonna win some games for the now but offers nothing in 3-4 years.. Winner is San Antonio by default 

Division A-

Very close teams here.  I would love to make a team out of some of the random pieces.  I do not think Zion and Drummond fit well together at all.  Also, I am not sold on Ball.  I do like Ja Morant, and he and JJJ with the Eyebrow will be fun to see grow.  Would like to see more defensive prowess, but probably the most solid team.  Kyrie, if healthy, would be nasty with KAT.  Oubre is a fun watch as well.  Tampa Bay

Division B-

I am not sure what more you want from the Condors.  Two 21 year old All-Star guards.  Defensive Player of the Year in Gobert.  "Best defensive player ever" in Dray.  Glue guy, big hitter in Harris.  6th man of the year in Lou, defensive stopper in Smart.  Big puncher, best 3 pt shooter in JJ.  Two young big men as projects.  Built to win now, and even if you think JJ/Lou are 1-2 year guys and replace them with replacement level guys, Trae, Luka and Rudy are going to get better.  Pittsburgh is built to win now and in the future.  I get that there are no 'big' names like Leonard, but everything is there.  Orlando has a good squad, but after Jimmy, Kawai and Kemba, its pretty meh.  As a Hawks fan, Capela and Huerter are nice role players.  Chi-Town is def built for 4-7 years away.  They could be nasty.  Pittsburgh

Division C--

Brooklyn is an interesting team.  They are going to score tons of points, but I am not sure they can stop anyone (outside of C).  Buffalo is STACKED with some great players at some key spots.  Hard to argue against the best player in the league, one of the top all-time shooters, and a nasty PG.  I am not a huge fan of the front court, but I do love Bagley.  Toronto is so balanced.  They have good players at all the spots.  Sikam is nice, Dame and Buddy in the backcourt is a cheatcode, and Embiid at C is awesome.  Not sure on the bench pieces, but Barrett and Hunter could be steals.  It is gonna be close, but Toronto probably wins more in the 7 year window.

Division D--

Washington has all the names you want, but I am not sure if they can play together.  Also, I am not feeling great about the front court.  If they can keep them in games, the backcourt is nasty.  Even the bench backcourt players are sick.  Milwaukee has a plan.. shoot the damn ball.  A lot.  Poor Steven Adams has to rebound everything.  Even the bench is shooting and he is just chasing down balls and passing it back out to the perimeter.  San Antonio looks like a strange build to me.  They have nice pieces, but I am not sure they go together.  Brogdon and Harden are nice, and Collins and Joker are nice, but Wall and Aldridge are strange players for a franchise build.  I mean, if they are healthy, then this is a great team. Collins is a super sleeper, and I love Herro.  In the 7 year window that seems to be the consensus, Mikwaukee will probably do the best.

7 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Are we just gonna exclude benches ?

Well we lasted a round before everyone Homer's up there team. My starting 5 matches Buffalo and my bench demolishes there bench in regards to talent and upside and Embiid literally rapes Vucevic. 

Group A - Super tight division, all 3 teams are legit. Imo the tightest. Ultimately came down to Tampa and Boston with Tampa getting the edge with three deep bench.. Tampa

Group B - 2 horse race imo with Orlando and Pittsburgh. Both sick teams. Imo Orlando is the better team now, however Pittsburgh is locked and loaded for better long term success. In 3-4 years, Pittsburgh is better and this is what BaC is about. Building for the future and being competitive now.. Pittsburgh

Group C - I'm going with my Raps. Deepest bench, built for long term and can most definitely win now. Otto Porter is the weak link in my S5 but hes only keeping the spot warm for DeAndre Hunter who is the future, Gordon Hayward will be lots of time off the bench at SF for the now. Buffalo has a dope starting 5 and is a top team in this but I give definitive advantage in my back court and massive advantage with my bench. Giannis andd Tatum are dope, but we match with Siakam and Embiid on the boards. Giannis will have a tough time defending on the perimeter.. Toronto 

Group D - This division is more built for 2020 fantasy basketball over BaC. Milwaukee is undersized and has players playing out of position. Good talent but epic fail on fits. Washington is gonna win some games for the now but offers nothing in 3-4 years.. Winner is San Antonio by default 

"Giannis will have a tough time defending on the perimiter"

HAHAHAHAHA

14 hours ago, jcrell623 said:

"Giannis will have a tough time defending on the perimiter"

HAHAHAHAHA

Yea did you watch how the Raptors completely shut him down. They used big men, Gasol, Siakam and Ibaka on the perimeter lol.

Anyone who watched last years conference finals knows this