Build a City - Post-Draft Voting

jcrell623

On 2020-06-04 at 9:05 PM, jcrell623 said:

I am going to call the hockey already. Colorado is the winner and its pretty clear. Congrats @bcb1213

NBA checkin, let's get everyones vote in by tomorrow at midnight @CHOMP_CHOMP @bcb1213 and @Heymangold. I'm not tagging I get sax anymore, he's clearly out.

Checkin on voting:

Division A - congrats @CHOMP_CHOMP and the Rain

Division B - Magic 5, Pittsburgh 3. My bulls are crap. Hard to imagine a team that has Trae and Luka not advancing, but here we are.

Division C - neck and neck, 4 votes each for the Raptors and Braves. Nets are a great team but in the toughest Division. This was the equivalent of Division D of Hockey

Division D - another neck and neck. Bucks 3, Spurs 3, Wizards with an outside shot w 1 vote. @MikeT14 not sure if you still want to abstain given that @festiveonion and @djw4bucs both voted for themselves lol.

I was also in D division in hockey lol. 

Matchup 1

This one is really close for me (I've switched three times while writing this up). The only knock on either team is 3 point shooting, both are excellent.. The Rain are more certainly youthful and have the best player here in Davis (although its close with Kawhi). Magic are more suited to win now and don't have a hole in the starting lineup (not that big of a fan of Nunn). I think the Magic have the better bench too. This was really hard but the Magic should win a few championships in the next couple of years.  Ask me tomorrow and I probably will change my vote.

Matchup 2

This one is not so close. The Braves take this one easily. Klay can defend Harden pretty well and can match his 3pt shooting. Braves are just too good. Only true advantage here for Spurs to me is Jokic and the bench, but Braves just have too much firepower from 1-4. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna take Orlando.  I like what Tampa did for the most part but Orlando is too strong here.  JJJ regressed this year a bit imo and while that could be more morant driven, he also doesn't seem to fit as a four as well as I thought he would.  Nunn is a solid player but he's not up to the butler level.  I gave Orlando three of the five starter win and about even on the bench so I'm taking Orlando in seven 

Taking San Antonio.  I may be alone here but I think the lack of interior defense outside the starters is just gonna show up in a series against Jokic and while the wings are awesome in Buffalo, I have no idea how Klay is gonna look coming back and that's the xfactor for me in this match-up 

• Like 1