Build a City - Post-Draft Voting

jcrell623

1.  Washington 

Tough division too judge here.  Long term Washington pitching probably only has three or four years but it's legit.  Tampa is too dependant on youngsters who haven't shown out yet and the San Antonio bullpen gives me the Willies

2.  Yankees 

Was between Yankees and Buffalo for me.  Yanks have better starters, Buffalo with the better pen.  Came down to the lineups for me where I give Yankees slight edge 

3.  Colorado 

I don't understand the Pittsburgh votes... At all.  Team has one excellent starter two good starters. A guy who pitched five games above AA with and Era of 6.5 and zeroes long relievers to eat the middle innings of an opener.  Milwaukee I could understand.  Three shortstops in the lineup is rough for me but they are all good players.  Tooting my own horn here but I think I hands down have the best starting staff in the league.  With lefty right in pen and Urias to step into a rotation spot down the road.  Lineup has speed guys, power guys and just great hitters guys 

Cubs.  Solid staff lights out bullpen.  I can't get behind ohtani as a number one starter and Toronto back end of the rotation, Keller really struggled last year but there's a lot of potential.  Least amount of questions in Chicago for me in a tight division 

Division A

Hard not to like what the Missions did offensively

Division B

Love the Bison offense, but the pitching staff leaves some to be desired. Yankees have a great bullpen and solid lineup.

Division C

This is the toughest one for sure. Brewers the best all around squad, Rockies have the best starting staff, but Pirates lineup is scary from top to bottom. What I couldn't memorialize in the screenshots is their plan to use Yates as an opener. What they lack in young starting pitching they make up with an excellent bullpen. This was really close but I have to go with the Pirates.

Division D

Cubs, tbh I don't know how its so close even without my bias. My bullpen is the best there is, I have arguably the best player for BAC purposes (Acuna, but its still probably Trout), Tatis, and Baez. My pitchers are all relatively young, and all workhorse studs. I have #1 ovr pick Casey Mize waiting in the wings (also have #1 Adley Rutschman).  Altuve may have cheated but to get him as late as I did is great, he will still be a top 15-20 player if not better. 

@CHOMP_CHOMP @BillsGuy82 @kurgan still to vote.

Missions and Yanks have it locked up in Division A and B regardless.

Division C is tight. Rockies 4, Pirates 3, Brewers 1

Division D is a two man race between Toronto and Chicago both at 4 (although safe to safe Billsguy will vote for himself and Chomp will keep voting in the family as they have been doing :D

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't get it.  Pirates have zero long relievers, Yates averages less than an inning an appearance and their fourth starter has five games over AA with an Era in AAA of 6.5.  Who is pitching all these innings 

I understand your position, I really do.  We are gonna mash the ball alot, and hopefully pitching keeps us in.

I think if you look at Yates as an opener, it changes things.  My other guys may be old, but they are innings eaters.  They do 3-6 and then we turn it over to what I think is a really good bullpen.

I am clearly going to follow the group and vote for myself.

I also think that Chi-town takes a close division behind the youth movement.

7 hours ago, kurgan said:

I understand your position, I really do.  We are gonna mash the ball alot, and hopefully pitching keeps us in.

I think if you look at Yates as an opener, it changes things.  My other guys may be old, but they are innings eaters.  They do 3-6 and then we turn it over to what I think is a really good bullpen.

I am clearly going to follow the group and vote for myself.

I also think that Chi-town takes a close division behind the youth movement.

Lol at Anderson as an innings eater. Also Yates is fine as a one inning opener nut you're missing what teams that use openers have.  A guy that eats the next three or four innings 

17 hours ago, jcrell623 said:

Division D is a two man race between Toronto and Chicago both at 4 (although safe to safe Billsguy will vote for himself and Chomp will keep voting in the family as they have been doing :D

Voting in the family?

A - Tampa 

B - Buffalo

C - Colorado

D - Toronto

6 minutes ago, RaykwonDaChef said:

Note for future baseball portions of these drafts. Dont draft anyone under 30 if you want to win a division. 

Also, the judging criteria was not really established.  But, it is what it is....

16 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't get it.  Pirates have zero long relievers, Yates averages less than an inning an appearance and their fourth starter has five games over AA with an Era in AAA of 6.5.  Who is pitching all these innings 

Good point, I made it a point to take a long man with the youngsters in my rotation

Stop using ERA to judge pitchers too lol. One bad start can make 4 good starts look bad. You use it here and used it against Mitch Keller who actually had a 3.17 FIP and fantastic K/9

19 hours ago, jcrell623 said:

Oh ok you mean show FBAS bias?

When we do BaC on FBAS we draft projections. If you noticed all our teams are young and we vote for young teams because that's the actual basis of a BaC lol. 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Good point, I made it a point to take a long man with the youngsters in my rotation

Stop using ERA to judge pitchers too lol. One bad start can make 4 good starts look bad. You use it here and used it against Mitch Keller who actually had a 3.17 FIP and fantastic K/9

Would you prefer I use Keller - 1.0 WAR and 1.83 WHIP or just wanna stick with he strikes dudes out 

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Would you prefer I use Keller - 1.0 WAR and 1.83 WHIP or just wanna stick with he strikes dudes out 

I'd prefer if youd actually learn baseball before criticizing picks. Using WAR on what 48 innings pitch and ERA on a rookie while were drafting projection is comical.

Do you even follow advanced stats?

5 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'd prefer if youd actually learn baseball before criticizing picks. Using WAR on what 48 innings pitch and ERA on a rookie while were drafting projection is comical.

Do you even follow advanced stats?

Well I watched the majority of his starts.  Did you?