Build a City - Post-Draft Voting

jcrell623

Division A - This is a great pitching division. It's tough to say how long pitchers can last, or how they change over time. So many interesting variables. I REALLY like what all 3 teams did with their pitching (yes mine included). That said, the Missions are built around Trout and Soto, whereas the Nats outfield is pretty weak, despite the edge in pitching for the Nats and Rays. I'm going with the Missions here, but it's close.

Division B - If A was the pitching division, this is the bats division imo. I'm rolling with the Yankees.

Division C - I LOVE what the Pirates did. But the pitching is old. I LOVE what the Rockies did for pitching, and the bats are just good enough. Rockies in a CLOSE one. 

Division D - Blue Jays here. Pitching might not be best, but the bats are. 

A - Missions.  Soto/Trout/Rendon could be the best 3 i've seen.

B - Yankees.  Call me a homer, i think this is solid all the way around

C - Rockies.  Solid lineup and pitching staff - pirates i think are a bit too old and injury prone

D - Toronto.  I think they have the best staff in their division - lineup is as well.

This is a difficult one for me to judge just with my knowledge gap, sorry fellas. I like a lot of these teams from a youth perspective despite not giving them the win (Tampa & Orlando namely). 

A - Missions. Dominant building blocks... you invested heavily with Trout and Soto early and it paid off. Team looks to be the favorite. 

B - Yankees. I don't know half of your pitchers though... but your bats are deadly. 

C - Rockies. Echo what has been said, I really wanted to take the Pirates until you dissect that pitching staff comparatively. 

D - Cubs. Close one with Toronto not far behind. Acuna, Baez and Tatis are great building blocks. 

San Antonio eeks one out here. The other teams have the pitching staff edge but I’m not sure how you can pick against Trout and Soto. 

Yankees take B. 

Pirates in a coin flip. Rockies pitching staff is incredible and is has to be at Coors. Pittsburgh’s bullpen has to be the best in the majors. Think the bats are the difference. I love my defense and the lineup has some names. This division was really tough but I don’t see how Milwaukee isn’t the third best team. 

I hate the Cubs. But it’s cubs here 

I look at these over a period of 7 years.

A - Tampa - SA is solid now obviously has a nice three but the rest is a bit underwhelming, the pitching staff will decline over the next few years/not that exciting. Washington's Rotation is great right now but older and the bats are underwhelming. Tampa's Rotation is great and has good enough hitting.

B - Orlando - I gotta make sure i update my rosters cause boy is Orlando's a travesty... my bad. New York is far away the oldest and on the down swing. They may take the division in year 1 but Perez, GOldschmidt, are trending down. Judge has health issues. Lemeahieu has two good seasons in his career and is like 32. Charlie Morton is retiring, both relievers are 31+, and Lamet, Luhessi, Weaver aren't as exciting as the other two teams rosters. Buffalo and Orlando is a coinflip over the next 7 years but I think that Orlando staff is more secure and higher end talented.

C - Milwaukee - It's a shame Pirates have that staff, Colorado is close just trust in MIl's players more.

D - Toronto - I like pieces a lot on BOston but not the total package, same with Chicago. Toronto put it together the best.