Tenet (Nolan)

RamRod

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It is a fantastic movie and probably the best war film I've ever seen, but it provides very little by way of any emotion whatsoever.  It's very much a visual spectacle, and not much else.  You should probably watch it once at least. 

Eh...I could have went without seeing it. Just feel like it was a waste of 2 hours. *shrug*

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It is a fantastic movie and probably the best war film I've ever seen, but it provides very little by way of any emotion whatsoever.  It's very much a visual spectacle, and not much else.  You should probably watch it once at least. 

I disagree that it doesn't provide emotion.  There's no forced romance or story of friendship, but there is plenty of raw visceral emotion in trying to survive and some true blue heroism that really hit home with me.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 5:30 PM, Fresh Prince said:

I still havent seen Dunkirk, worth watching?

Possibly his most unNolan movie. Which is to say that rectifies a lot of his problems from his other movies (long drawn out explanations, weak visuals, excessive convoluted materials that pad the run time). Not my favorite (that would be The Dark Knight), but it shows his growth as a director.

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I could swear I had read that this movie has a sci fi angle.  I'm praying that's true.  I have very little interest in fiction of this type without some kind of sci fi angle. 

All I have heard is espionage.   Given that its Nolan, better than even odds there is some sort of sci fi involved, even of it's minor.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I really, really wanted to like that movie but I couldn’t finish it. 

It’s a really, really sloooooow burn but the payoff is worth it. 

It’s too bad the Broccolis are such terrible producers.  A 007 film by Nolan could be such a blast.   So I guess he’ll just make his own espionage flick.