Middle-Earth: Shadow of War

Kiltman

maxresdefault.jpg

Probably the game I'm looking forward the most to this year, hits every button I like in a game.

• RPG like equipment, now vastly improved and built out from the 1st game.
  • Rhythmic Combat (ala the Arkham series)
  • Room to craft your own narrative, via the nemesis system...which has now been pushed even further for your enemies, but especially those that you control

Loved the first one, and this seems to really build out the world, the mechanics, and what you can do.

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I saw that the original GOTY edition is on sale right now on XBOX live for $5 if anyone wants to play it before this.  

Oh nice, didn't realize it was still on sale. If you had the regular edition, and still care about achievements I noticed that the GOTY ones are entirely separate from the original game's ones.

And if anyone didn't hear, they updated the first game with a mode called Nemesis Forge. It reads your save file and populates an orc hierarchy with orcs you controlled or fought against. Labeling one as your nemesis, and one as your ally. You can play in the mode to switch that distinction to other orcs, but whomever those two end up being will be ported over to Shadow of War in the Fall.

I canceled my preorder cause it looks so much like the original game but I'll definitely look into it when it's like $30 or so. It's pretty much guaranteed I'll eventually own it lol

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

I canceled my preorder cause it looks so much like the original game but I'll definitely look into it when it's like $30 or so. It's pretty much guaranteed I'll eventually own it lol

it's going to be very similar fighting mechanics and the base premise.

But it feels in a couple ways the jump from portal 1 to portal 2

One introduced great mechanics and a cool world, and the sequel totally builds upon what was and makes it a fully fleshed out title

• 2 months later...

If you want more of the same with just deeper customization options this is great. If your expecting a totally revamped game you will be disappointed. So basically if your loved the first and you wanted more this is it. If you didn't like the first you most likely are not going to like the 2nd. 

I've been taking my time compared to running thru shadows of mordor. Collecting everything, avenging online players who died, upgrading my equipment and just flat out enjoying this game. I really really enjoy it. I'm currently in Cirith Ungol and did one of the story missions so far and I've had the game since opening day and have been playing a good chunk! I've died a couple times right off the start because I was re familiarizing myself, and haven't died since except for getting killed by a ghul captain, he was TOUGH. 

My only complaint is that it sucks sometimes when you're trying to sneak up on someone or in the middle of the battle and and you're jumping from building to building and you hang on ledges you don't wanna hang or just get stuck. 

Archived