Rivera is going to use Julius Peppers to help Chase Young

turtle28

https://wfnz.radio.com/blogs/the-clubhouse-with-kyle-bailey/ron-rivera-recaps-his-first-offseason-with-the-redskins

Chase Young to turn to Julius Peppers?
(via @realcorykinnan)

https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/05/23/redskins-chase-young-turn-julius-peppers/?subId3=xid:fr1590334578838cfi‬

As a refined pass rusher, Young now must work at making sure his technique is consistently solid as he looks to take on professional pass blockers. His head coach, Ron Rivera, has an idea about how Young can come into the league ready to roll without much of a hurdle in his transition.

During his time as the head coach with the Carolina Panthers, Rivera was able to get to know future Hall of Fame pass rusher Julius Peppers. The new head coach in Washington now, Rivera went on WFNZ Sports Radio, and stated he would love for his future cornerstone pass rusher to connect with Peppers.

“Well you know, I’d love to turn him into a Julius Peppers type player, I mean to be honest with you,”

Joining forces with Peppers would help Young grow into a potential Rookie of the Year candidate, just as his former teammate Nick Bosa did a year ago. As the Redskins look to get back into competition in the NFC East, Young joins up with Da’Ron Payne, Jonathan Allen, and Montez Sweat to form a formidable defensive front in the nation’s capital” (via WFNZ).

“He’s a heck of a young man and he’s a local guy, too. That was the other parallel that I saw, was that he’s such a local guy. And I would like to at some point have him reach out to Julius just to see what it was like trying to manage staying pretty much in your backyard” (via WFNZ).

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...