Jump to content
naptownskinsfan

Troy Vincent: NFL Still Planning for Full Stadiums

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Plat2 said:

Not gonna happen unless they have hundreds of thousands of extremely accurate rapid testing.

Fan testing is not going to happen. If the states allow it, believe me, the stadiums will be full (or at their usual attendance). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You're assuming people will show up. I doubt the Cincinnati Bengals would draw that well in Nebraska...

Their opponents would be a draw. Personally I think any NFL in Nebraska would draw for a year. 8 games and it will never happen again. And they don’t need to fill the Cornhuskers stadium. They just need to play the games somewhere and ideally not in an empty stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ET80 said:

You're assuming people will show up. I doubt the Cincinnati Bengals would draw that well in Nebraska...

If I were the Chiefs, considering how Missouri has shown to be incapable of even trying to properly regulate or enforce anything, move all of their games to Lawrence (KU) or Manhattan (K-State)...they'd draw pretty well there.  They can just move the Bengals and Browns games to Morgantown.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 1:58 PM, soflbillsfan said:

it would be at the risk of the fans willing to go to games

and then the people they come in contact with

and then the people those people come in contact with

etc.

it's never just an individual risk. Jacinda Ardern recognized that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The prospect of playing in front of empty stadiums this season is a reality Atlanta Falcons center Alex Mack is hopeful can be avoided.

Without noise in the stadiums, Mack is concerned about just how much sound will be heard and recorded for broadcast as it would create some more hurdles for his position to deal with.  “I’d be concerned with people hearing my calls,” Mack said. “I don’t want that recorded and let the opposing team next week hear everything we say because then every week we have to change every code word, term, line call we’ve ever used and that, to me, is annoying and so I don’t want to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

and then the people they come in contact with

and then the people those people come in contact with

etc.

it's never just an individual risk. Jacinda Ardern recognized that.

Same can be said about planes, trains, restaurants, bars, parks, neighbors... whats the difference between these locations and a stadium? you are always going to be in contact with someone and with the government opening up gyms, restaurants, public places are going to start gathering more and more crowds so I dont see why they should restrict sporting events if people are going to be able to go to other places. Look I am completely against the idea of things being opened up but the govt wants an economy boost before the elections and they clearly dont care about the well being of people by doing so. If a person is told to stay at home for months on end and then the president is like you can go out there and spend money, here is a stimulus check to use (not saying everyone is using it on that as most will use it for bills especially those with out jobs). People are going to go out there rather then try to contain the virus but we are to far gone at this point so why should stadiums be restricted when majority of social places are being available for them? We should have been on lock down from the moment the virus hit the US but thats above our pay grades and politics isnt what this forum is about. We have been in it for 3 months now through out the nation, and things are already opening up, Week 1 doesnt start for 4 more months so imagine if everything is open by the time the season starts wouldnt you think no matter what that person is at the risk of going to the game just as much as them going out on a friday night to a restaurant, or sunday morning to church? If everything stayed close until Week 1 then yes dont have fans at the game but right now it does not seem to be the case.

Edited by soflbillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Same can be said about planes, trains, restaurants, bars, parks, neighbors... whats the difference between these locations and a stadium? you are always going to be in contact with someone and with the government opening up gyms, restaurants, public places are going to start gathering more and more crowds so I dont see why they should restrict sporting events if people are going to be able to go to other places. Look I am completely against the idea of things being opened up but the govt wants an economy boost before the elections and they clearly dont care about the well being of people by doing so. If a person is told to stay at home for months on end and then the president is like you can go out there and spend money, here is a stimulus check to use (not saying everyone is using it on that as most will use it for bills especially those with out jobs). People are going to go out there rather then try to contain the virus but we are to far gone at this point so why should stadiums be restricted when majority of social places are being available for them? We should have been on lock down from the moment the virus hit the US but thats above our pay grades and politics isnt what this forum is about. We have been in it for 3 months now through out the nation, and things are already opening up, Week 1 doesnt start for 4 more months so imagine if everything is open by the time the season starts wouldnt you think no matter what that person is at the risk of going to the game just as much as them going out on a friday night to a restaurant, or sunday morning to church? If everything stayed close until Week 1 then yes dont have fans at the game but right now it does not seem to be the case.

Without getting into the politics, the simple answer is volume. I played Irving Plaza in NYC which is a 2K cap multilevel theater. That’s pretty large. Not easy to control that amount of space. How do you enforce a mask policy in there? How do you have enough security to make sure people are distancing? My local grocery store can’t even handle the people in there. A restaurant can be much more easily controlled and patrolled than a 2K cap theater , much less a 70K cap arena 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't there a two week quarantine period if any team has a player test positive?

Wouldn't loading the stands increase the chances of that happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 12:57 PM, ET80 said:

You're assuming people will show up. I doubt the Cincinnati Bengals would draw that well in Nebraska...

Seeing as if how they don't draw well in Cincinnati, I think your statement is probably accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Only way I think there's a packed NFL stadiums is if there's a vaccine. There have been rumblings about a vaccine by the fall, but I think the more realistic expectation is there will be one by spring.

I don't know how the NFL will do 50-75% crowds. For instance, the Bears have a roughly ~90% STH stadium. What will they do with almost half of the STH's if 90% of tickets are STH's? Would they go by seniority?

Call me crazy, but if stadiums are only going to be 50-75% full, I'd almost rather there not be a season. The atmosphere makes such a huge difference in these games. It's such a big part. Imagine a Seahawks game on MNF in Seattle and every other seat is empty? Or in the college ranks, a white out at Penn State with only 50% of the stadium full? That's incredibly boring.

Edited by beardown3231

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm all about Herd Immunity and think now is the time to open things up as I think we will have to close it down some come Winter. 2 months seems to be the 'limit' Americans can handle before they'll just do it without permission and then that creates more issues and pent up issues spill over.

I'd like to see home fans only and from the area. Pack in as many as you can that live within a 50 mile radius. Driver's licence verify and turn away anybody beyond 50 miles. If the stadium is full at least it's not someone flying in from South Beach with more infections than just CV to spread. LOL

 

Edited by G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be shocked if they have people in the stands even in Montana, Wyoming, The Dakotas, or Idaho.  I don't think anyone will be in the stadia except players, team staff, medics, stadium staff, and league officials.  We'll be lucky if the teams can have a timely pre-season, and start the season playing on time in early September, with no fans allowed.  And, I expect they'll be no fans all season in 2020.  But I'm okay with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

its going to be interesting to see the NBA/NHL playoffs being played at one site with no fans, while the NFL starts it season as normal. also wonder how that will impact TV. we're about to get nothing but sports for like a yr straight if they all come back at the same time with no hiccups, I'm not complaining tho.

Edited by August4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, swede700 said:

If I were the Chiefs, considering how Missouri has shown to be incapable of even trying to properly regulate or enforce anything,

Really? As compared to which imaginary states?

At worst, most stadiums will be at 25% capacity in September. The exception should be New York for sure since that's become America's Chernobyl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×