Troy Vincent: NFL Still Planning for Full Stadiums

naptownskinsfan

11 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

They can still have fans but precautions have to be taken.

Spacing between fans who purchase tickets, at least two seats on each side and in front/behind one another. I would say you can sit next to someone you're frequently next to.

You can handle concessions same way restaurants are currently handling take out. I would say the volume may be more difficult to navigate but its plausible. Or they could just do bottled beverages and premade meals that are sealed until they arrive with the consumer.

Electronic tickets, that way no tickets are exchanged, thats a given.

Do exchange cash at the gift shops/team stores, etc...

There are ways to get this done but not many ways. But as someone said, the world has to restart at some point

Do you still feel this way given the data we're seeing pouring in from states that have re-opened / Memorial Day numbers? 

Personally, I think it's getting less and less likely we see fans in stands in 2020.

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Do you still feel this way given the data we're seeing pouring in from states that have re-opened / Memorial Day numbers? 

Personally, I think it's getting less and less likely we see fans in stands in 2020.

The difference is the general public is more in control of how they interact with one another in public settings. The NFL will be in control of how things are managed in stadiums. Fans not following the rules will likely be removed from the stadium entirely. 

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

The difference is the general public is more in control of how they interact with one another in public settings. The NFL will be in control of how things are managed in stadiums. Fans not following the rules will likely be removed from the stadium entirely. 

I made a post previously that basically addressed this argument. I suffice it to say there is a mountain of evidence to suggest this is wishful thinking. Enforcement is already horrible. Everyone. EVERYONE is bad at enforcing it and this is with much smaller-scale environments. The NFL would be fools to attempt it. They’ll quickly find they’ll fail badly. 

4 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I made a post previously that basically addressed this argument. I suffice it to say there is a mountain of evidence to suggest this is wishful thinking. Enforcement is already horrible. Everyone. EVERYONE is bad at enforcing it and this is with much smaller-scale environments. The NFL would be fools to attempt it. They’ll quickly find they’ll fail badly. 

You cannot say everyone is bad at enforcing it, there’s no evidence to support that. It’s all hyperbole. There are just certain area where it is difficult to sustain but in an NFL stadium with law enforcement, security and agreed upon guidelines prior to fans coming into the stadium they will have to comply or be asked to leave. It’s simpler than you’re making it. This isn’t open to the general public, it’s a private event for all intents and purposes.

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

You cannot say everyone is bad at enforcing it, there’s no evidence to support that. It’s all hyperbole. There are just certain area where it is difficult to sustain but in an NFL stadium with law enforcement, security and agreed upon guidelines prior to fans coming into the stadium they will have to comply or be asked to leave. It’s simpler than you’re making it. This isn’t open to the general public, it’s a private event for all intents and purposes.

You been in an airport since this started? Great example of a place that has tons of security and protocols that nobody follows. 

Edit: Since I don’t want to get into territory where we aren’t discussing football, I just should add that I live in an area where we have reopened and are experiencing some of the worst single-day numbers we’ve seen since the beginning and the spikes are beginning to point to the idea that re-opening is not going well in terms of handling the virus and progressing us to normalcy.

Relative per capita incidence is low compared to the population for sure, but I just doubt we are going to stay there if we keep doing what we are doing now. Trying to rush fans into stands feels like an extra step in a reopening that is already showing consequences, especially when the general public seems largely incapable of following already clear and established protocols.

Why rush it? It’s an unnecessary risk. Play games with no fans, pipe in some crowd noise and we can all enjoy the NFL from the comfort of home 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
Expanding to include football discussion
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 7:38 AM, SpacemanSpiff said:

You been in an airport since this started? Great example of a place that has tons of security and protocols that nobody follows. 

Edit: Since I don’t want to get into territory where we aren’t discussing football, I just should add that I live in an area where we have reopened and are experiencing some of the worst single-day numbers we’ve seen since the beginning and the spikes are beginning to point to the idea that re-opening is not going well in terms of handling the virus and progressing us to normalcy.

Relative per capita incidence is low compared to the population for sure, but I just doubt we are going to stay there if we keep doing what we are doing now. Trying to rush fans into stands feels like an extra step in a reopening that is already showing consequences, especially when the general public seems largely incapable of following already clear and established protocols.

Why rush it? It’s an unnecessary risk. Play games with no fans, pipe in some crowd noise and we can all enjoy the NFL from the comfort of home 

It's not much of a risk when fans are spread way far apart.

Different from an airport

On 6/11/2020 at 7:05 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

They can still have fans but precautions have to be taken.

Spacing between fans who purchase tickets, at least two seats on each side and in front/behind one another. I would say you can sit next to someone you're frequently next to.

You can handle concessions same way restaurants are currently handling take out. I would say the volume may be more difficult to navigate but its plausible. Or they could just do bottled beverages and premade meals that are sealed until they arrive with the consumer.

Electronic tickets, that way no tickets are exchanged, thats a given.

Do exchange cash at the gift shops/team stores, etc...

There are ways to get this done but not many ways. But as someone said, the world has to restart at some point

Thank you for your common sense.

In a grocery store people are in a tighter area If they aren't wearing a mask.

It's all about the number of fans they let into the stadium.