Troy Vincent: NFL Still Planning for Full Stadiums

naptownskinsfan

2 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

Really? As compared to which imaginary states?

At worst, most stadiums will be at 25% capacity in September. The exception should be New York for sure since that's become America's Chernobyl.

I wasn't being really all that serious.  ;)

It was more in jest to that Lake of Ozarks picture of all those people at the pool.  

Edited by swede700

Warning: Rant incoming

While this entire pandemic situation is unprecedented, I am going to need people to explain to me how we can do the following and yet anticipate "full stadiums" in under 100 days from now:

In Ohio through June:

*Have groups of 10 or less meet

*Playgrounds CLOSED

*Weddings, Funerals, and other major life events LIMITED

*Restaurants outside only or with barriers in place

*Groups of 10 or less in sports (We had to create 10 groups of 10 or less for football weights/conditioning that starts this week for high school)

*Remote summer school for students

...and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

So, respectfully, I'm going to need something more than "yeah we're going to start packed stadiums of almost 100,000 people in 85 days" when I can't take my kids to the freaking playground. It's almost like millions of dollars are at stake and that's the driving factor here. Either this is serious or it isn't, but please don't insult my intelligence NFL, NCAA, and every other governing body out there.

• Like 3

On 5/29/2020 at 2:33 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

Without getting into the politics, the simple answer is volume. I played Irving Plaza in NYC which is a 2K cap multilevel theater. That’s pretty large. Not easy to control that amount of space. How do you enforce a mask policy in there? How do you have enough security to make sure people are distancing? My local grocery store can’t even handle the people in there. A restaurant can be much more easily controlled and patrolled than a 2K cap theater , much less a 70K cap arena 

You cant control it just like you cant control it now like you said in stores but you have to have them put the mask on to enter the stadium and hope that people aren't that dumb and actually follow the rules of wearing one. I just dont see why people cant wear them and what the rational of not wearing them. It is common sense that a mask protects you and protects the person next to you. Its not an expensive item, it is not difficult to put on, if you can put clothes and/or jewelry on then you shouldnt have an issue putting a mask on. People want to fight it just because the govt tells them to but come on its just a preventative thing to allow people to be around other with little to no harm. Look this virus its a lifetime thing its not going to go away a month, a year or a decade from now. It is here and it is here to stay, we just have to adjust to it and make ourselves more aware of it. You cant expect to not go to a concert or sporting event in your lifetime its something that people have to adjust to and following simple rules will help in the safety of you and me.

Edited by soflbillsfan

On 5/30/2020 at 7:59 AM, patriotsheatyan said:

As long as old people don’t go it doesn’t matter much. 

what do you mean as long as they dont go it doesnt much matter? I got news for you the virus doesnt care about age or race it will come for you and can inflict harm. Also those old people have family members who are younger and can contract the virus and pass it on to them. Its all about using protection and keeping yourself sanitized during any time to at least try to prevent from contracting this. 

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

what do you mean as long as they dont go it doesnt much matter? I got news for you the virus doesnt care about age or race it will come for you and can inflict harm. Also those old people have family members who are younger and can contract the virus and pass it on to them. Its all about using protection and keeping yourself sanitized during any time to at least try to prevent from contracting this. 

Lol

The virus kills maybe 1 in 250 infected and 90% of them are old. I already had the virus in my household. 

4 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Lol

The virus kills maybe 1 in 250 infected and 90% of them are old. I already had the virus in my household. 

so if you stick with 60k people in a stadium with 1 person having the virus and not taking necessary precautions ends up passing it to others around them and those pass it around them or in interaction in that stadium then the chances of 24 young adults will die based on your observation (not including any "old people" )with 16 games going on per week that is 384 people a week or 6,144 in a season. Not to mention any of the people they come in contact that are young or old outside of the stadium. Having the virus in your household and you not getting it is good for you but over 100k people were not so lucky in the last 3 months and more are still dying from it as people are being inconsiderate on how to wear proper preventative care. So you can be selfish and say old people dont go to games will solve the problem when it goes way beyond that. How difficult is it to put a mask on during a game or any public area that will prevent the ability of the virus to spread, you are blocking your coughs and sneezes by having the mask on and majority of germs die off in your mask, rather then all your germs going in to the air along with 59,999 other people in the stadium. If everyone just is smart about it the risk of spreading drops drastically by wearing a simple mask. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

so if you stick with 60k people in a stadium with 1 person having the virus and not taking necessary precautions ends up passing it to others around them and those pass it around them or in interaction in that stadium then the chances of 24 young adults will die based on your observation (not including any "old people" )with 16 games going on per week that is 384 people a week or 6,144 in a season. Not to mention any of the people they come in contact that are young or old outside of the stadium. Having the virus in your household and you not getting it is good for you but over 100k people were not so lucky in the last 3 months and more are still dying from it as people are being inconsiderate on how to wear proper preventative care. So you can be selfish and say old people dont go to games will solve the problem when it goes way beyond that. How difficult is it to put a mask on during a game or any public area that will prevent the ability of the virus to spread, you are blocking your coughs and sneezes by having the mask on and majority of germs die off in your mask, rather then all your germs going in to the air along with 59,999 other people in the stadium. If everyone just is smart about it the risk of spreading drops drastically by wearing a simple mask. 

So literally everyone at every game will get infected by one person? Lol

Edited by patriotsheatyan

4 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

So literally everyone at every game will get infected by one person? Lol

it only takes one person that has the virus for it to spread with the 3-4 hours you are in the stadium, if no one is wearing proper mask or sanitizing their hands. One person with virus coughs or sneezes, heck screams with spit coming out without a mask it can hit people from 3-6 feet in the vicinity of that action based on the angle they cough or sneeze. Those people will then inhale those germs and the virus latches on with in minutes. Those people then sneeze or cough during the game they spread it to the 3-6 feet around them and so on. If they dont take precautions then yes the possibility of 60k people could come away with the virus. Again it is simple protection, a mask can prevent the spread. Rather then stating Old People shouldnt go to the game then there is no issue, you should be saying everyone should take necessary precautions at the game then there shouldnt be an issue. I bet you more people will go on with out the virus by wearing a mask then your theory of old people not showing up to the games. 

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Warning: Rant incoming

While this entire pandemic situation is unprecedented, I am going to need people to explain to me how we can do the following and yet anticipate "full stadiums" in under 100 days from now:

In Ohio through June:

*Have groups of 10 or less meet

*Playgrounds CLOSED

*Weddings, Funerals, and other major life events LIMITED

*Restaurants outside only or with barriers in place

*Groups of 10 or less in sports (We had to create 10 groups of 10 or less for football weights/conditioning that starts this week for high school)

*Remote summer school for students

...and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

So, respectfully, I'm going to need something more than "yeah we're going to start packed stadiums of almost 100,000 people in 85 days" when I can't take my kids to the freaking playground. It's almost like millions of dollars are at stake and that's the driving factor here. Either this is serious or it isn't, but please don't insult my intelligence NFL, NCAA, and every other governing body out there.

All that stuff is opening in most places as of today and already has in some states.  

I was in AL last week and people were enjoying the beach without worry or masks.  As one thing opens it puts constant pressure to open other things.  

Many, many people are scared, deathly afraid, but many people aren't.  Most aren't.  The media, which I am sorry, right or wrong, wants people afraid, and the afraid people are just much louder.  Even on these threads if you voice a dissenting opinion, that is when people get shrill and thread gets locked.  And the shrill accuse of you vile things.    

Right or wrong, most want to get on with their lives and go back to work.   If they still have a job to get back to.  

If allowed, you can easily get 60k to show up for a game.  What will stops a lot of people isn't fear, it is price.  If season ticket holders lower price stadiums will fill easily with people who are not afraid.  

That is reality.  

Its a virus that is going to have to make its way through much of population at some point.  Probably this winter as we have kicked the can and these things don't spread that much in summer unless they are mosquito born.  

That is all there is to it.  That or economy collapses.  

We stayed home for 3 months for nothing.

13 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

yea those lives saved are meaningless 

Yes, I went too far with that my last line.  But that is not what I meant.  I meant we still have to deal wih virus regardless if we stay home.

Staying home won’t wipe it out completely.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

All that stuff is opening in most places as of today and already has in some states.  

I was in AL last week and people were enjoying the beach without worry or masks.  As one thing opens it puts constant pressure to open other things.  

Notice I said this above:

22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

In Ohio through June:

This is going to be a state vs. federal government issue, as each state is going to be different, governor mandates will be different, etc.

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Many, many people are scared, deathly afraid, but many people aren't.  Most aren't.  The media, which I am sorry, right or wrong, wants people afraid, and the afraid people are just much louder.  Even on these threads if you voice a dissenting opinion, that is when people get shrill and thread gets locked.  And the shrill accuse of you vile things.    

Right or wrong, most want to get on with their lives and go back to work.   If they still have a job to get back to.  

If allowed, you can easily get 60k to show up for a game.  What will stops a lot of people isn't fear, it is price.  If season ticket holders lower price stadiums will fill easily with people who are not afraid.  

That is reality.  

Its a virus that is going to have to make its way through much of population at some point.  Probably this winter as we have kicked the can and these things don't spread that much in summer unless they are mosquito born.  

The reality is, that's not the point I was making. The point I was making is that for 3 months, soon to be 4 after June, I can't take my kids to the playground, send them to a daycare/school, gather in a group of more than 10 people in any capacity, etc., but in under 3 months we're going to have completely packed stadiums?

So, June 30th, I can't take my kids to the park, but Thursday August 6th, they're going to play a full capacity stadium in an NFL HOF preseason Game in Canton, OH? Does no one else see a ridiculous inconsistency here?

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 11:49 AM, dll2000 said:

That is reality.  

It allowed me to stay alive for at least 3 more months!  xD

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 1:09 AM, Shanedorf said:

The prospect of playing in front of empty stadiums this season is a reality Atlanta Falcons center Alex Mack is hopeful can be avoided.

Without noise in the stadiums, Mack is concerned about just how much sound will be heard and recorded for broadcast as it would create some more hurdles for his position to deal with.  “I’d be concerned with people hearing my calls,” Mack said. “I don’t want that recorded and let the opposing team next week hear everything we say because then every week we have to change every code word, term, line call we’ve ever used and that, to me, is annoying and so I don’t want to do that.

This is actually a pretty good argument for pumping in crowd noise over the speakers, which has been discussed by the league

• Like 2