Troy Vincent: NFL Still Planning for Full Stadiums

naptownskinsfan

5 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It may seem harsh, but perhaps healthy people should go on with life as usual and those who have medical issues should isolate?

It's not harsh, just a complete lack of understanding of the issue large spikes pose and how they happen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

It's not harsh, just a complete lack of understanding of the issue large spikes pose and how they happen. 

You don't understand it either.

I don't mean to single you out. But I wish people would stop acting like you completely understand an unprecedented event that hasn't played itself out yet.  Nobody knows if our response was the best one.

Was Sweden's better?  Was this country's or that country or that state's?    Expert and doctor advise has been all over the map and constantly changing.   Saying something confidently doesn't make it true.  

Maybe no one will ever know because everyone will be spinning facts to support their actions and prior opinions.  

There is no scientific way to say this would have happened but for this.   People say their life was saved by everyone staying home.  There is no way to know that.  Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.   Maybe they would have never got sick.  Maybe they would have got sick and then been immune.  Maybe they would have died.  

Do we need to hide for a month, a year, 10 years?  Or do we need immunity on a macro scale?   No one can agree or say with 100% certainty.  

And you can't act like everyone staying home is without consequence and always best course.  It has added countless new government debt.  It has destroyed businesses.  It has destroyed peoples livelihoods.

There is a cost/benefit to anything and everything you do.  You need to weigh each one carefully.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Saying something confidently doesn't make it true.  

Strange that you would contradict yourself so much just to tear me down. 

Im going to try to keep this to football, so I wont respond to most of what you said (also you seem mostly uninformed, so there isnt a point anyways). 

https://www.livescience.com/face-masks-eye-protection-covid-19-prevention.html

Social distancing, face masks and eye protection all appear to reduce the spread of COVID-19, in both health care settings and the general community, according to a new review commissioned by the World Health Organization (WHO). 

The review found that keeping a distance of at least 3 feet (1 meter) from other people lowered the chances of coronavirus infection or spread by 82%, and keeping a distance of 6 feet (2 m) could be even more effective.

There are a lot of reasons why that study can't be taken as gospel, but it is a good indication that things can get closer to normal without major risk IF these PPE are used by all. If more and more studies show similar 80%+ effectiveness in prevention, I dont see why stadiums and events can't take these measures and open. 

32 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Strange that you would contradict yourself so much just to tear me down. 

Im going to try to keep this to football, so I wont respond to most of what you said (also you seem mostly uninformed, so there isnt a point anyways). 

https://www.livescience.com/face-masks-eye-protection-covid-19-prevention.html

There are a lot of reasons why that study can't be taken as gospel, but it is a good indication that things can get closer to normal without major risk IF these PPE are used by all. If more and more studies show similar 80%+ effectiveness in prevention, I dont see why stadiums and events can't take these measures and open. 

I wasn't speaking of you particularly.  Just an algomation of many conversations I have had on topic in various settings.  I apologize if I caused offense.  

6 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Life must go on and that includes sports. 

It may seem harsh, but perhaps healthy people should go on with life as usual and those who have medical issues should isolate?

Sorry, but life and economics must go on.

Agreed, someone please think of the shareholders for once!!!

• Like 7

I think the larger point with “Why can’t people just wear masks and the stadiums be open” is that people do not obey the rules and stadium crowds are way too large to possibly enforce such rules anyway. Go to your local grocery store, even with a mask requirement, and count how many people in there aren’t masked up. That’s the issue. It’s not the science. You’re putting forth a hypothetical in which 70,000 people act as a totally 100 percent well-behaved monolith. We know better than that. Memorial Day, as well as these protests, is all the proof you need. 

• Like 5

I think they will have a season and I think it's going to be a hot mess. CV19, protests and a recession... What could possibly go wrong?!? LOL

'Would you like to play a game?' Oh yeah...I remember that.

On 6/4/2020 at 10:08 PM, SpacemanSpiff said:

I think the larger point with “Why can’t people just wear masks and the stadiums be open” is that people do not obey the rules and stadium crowds are way too large to possibly enforce such rules anyway. Go to your local grocery store, even with a mask requirement, and count how many people in there aren’t masked up. That’s the issue. It’s not the science. You’re putting forth a hypothetical in which 70,000 people act as a totally 100 percent well-behaved monolith. We know better than that. Memorial Day, as well as these protests, is all the proof you need. 

You just described why I wont be attending. No chance. The demographic who attends sporting events is the same demographic who didn't take this seriously throughout. It is absolute guarantee they will flaunt that dismissive attitude in crowded stadiums, if given a chance. It would be even more prevalent in college games than the NFL. 

I would be exponentially more likely to attend an event primarily populated by women and not men. Throughout this pandemic men have taken it less seriously, both beforehand and once they have developed symptoms. Men don't honor social distancing as dependably. Etc. etc. 

All of the studies have been 100% predictable along those lines.

4 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

You just described why I wont be attending. No chance. The demographic who attends sporting events is the same demographic who didn't take this seriously throughout. It is absolute guarantee they will flaunt that dismissive attitude in crowded stadiums, if given a chance. It would be even more prevalent in college games than the NFL. 

I would be exponentially more likely to attend an event primarily populated by women and not men. Throughout this pandemic men have taken it less seriously, both beforehand and once they have developed symptoms. Men don't honor social distancing as dependably. Etc. etc. 

All of the studies have been 100% predictable along those lines.

I'm not trying to do something political here, but I think it just further illustrates: When you see video of some of these protests, how many people do you catch walking 2 feet away from someone with their mask rolled down? And these are the guys who probably weren't even going out just a couple weeks ago, much less the people that don't believe in the safety measures. I've seen this all over. I've seen airport workers either unmasked completely (women, mind you -- idiocy knows no gender) or with masks rolled down, just chillin one foot away from co-workers and less than six from customers. 

When I had to move back home, my plane only had one seat between me and the next passenger, plus I had people directly in front of and behind me. Six feet, that is not. (PSA: Do NOT fly Delta if you're worried about coronavirus protocols.) I think that pretty well illustrates the amount of care profit motivated people are willing to take with your safety. 

3 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I'm not trying to do something political here, but I think it just further illustrates: When you see video of some of these protests, how many people do you catch walking 2 feet away from someone with their mask rolled down? And these are the guys who probably weren't even going out just a couple weeks ago, much less the people that don't believe in the safety measures. I've seen this all over. I've seen airport workers either unmasked completely (women, mind you -- idiocy knows no gender) or with masks rolled down, just chillin one foot away from co-workers and less than six from customers. 

you cant possibly be saying protesting for human rights and going to a damn sporting event is the same damn thing. You just cant. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

you cant possibly be saying protesting for human rights and going to a damn sporting event is the same damn thing. You just cant. 

I’m not. Sad it came off that way. I am saying that people in crowds do not follow protocol — even people who would skew toward the side of trusting the protocols (which is why I used the protestor example.)  and it’s impossible to enforce that they do. If a protestor is gonna abandon the protocol, why would someone whose political views skew more toward virus skepticism behave well at a football game? That’s my point. It’s about showing how easily protocol goes out the window in a crowd scenario even with people who agree with said protocol. Which is why I don’t support fans in stands until a vaccine comes. It’s not going to work. Even at half capacity, people will still be dumb about it. 

• Like 1

They can still have fans but precautions have to be taken.

Spacing between fans who purchase tickets, at least two seats on each side and in front/behind one another. I would say you can sit next to someone you're frequently next to.

You can handle concessions same way restaurants are currently handling take out. I would say the volume may be more difficult to navigate but its plausible. Or they could just do bottled beverages and premade meals that are sealed until they arrive with the consumer.

Electronic tickets, that way no tickets are exchanged, thats a given.

Do exchange cash at the gift shops/team stores, etc...

There are ways to get this done but not many ways. But as someone said, the world has to restart at some point

• Like 1