Some forgotten big plays in Redskins History

turtle28

On 5/26/2020 at 4:35 PM, turtle28 said:

Amazing & sad at the same time that Kirk is 4th all-time in the Redskins 87-year history in passing yards after only starting for 3 years and a few games here and there through his first 3 seasons.

More than anything else, it's an indictment on how pass-happy the NFL has become.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

More than anything else, it's an indictment on how pass-happy the NFL has become.  

It’s also an indictment on the Redskins front office since Free Agency began in 1993. Before Kirk came along we only had one year of Brad Johnson playing at that kind of level in those 27 years.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s also an indictment on the Redskins front office since Free Agency began in 1993. Before Kirk came along we only had one year of Brad Johnson playing at that kind of level in those 27 years.

I'm not really certain I can blame the run-heavy approaches from both Gibbs and Shanahan because that is how they designed their offenses.  Shanahan also had his share of QB issues which can be attributed to front office as you said.  

Snyder also picked two truly inept coaches during this period, and cut a third after a year due to him wanting Vinny the Ray back.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm not really certain I can blame the run-heavy approaches from both Gibbs and Shanahan because that is how they designed their offenses.  Shanahan also had his share of QB issues which can be attributed to front office as you said.  

Snyder also picked two truly inept coaches during this period, and cut a third after a year due to him wanting Vinny the Ray back.  

Gibbs 2.0 passed on Aaron Rodgers bc he thought Jason Campbell could be the next Doug Williams.

11 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Didn't Rodgers get picked one spot before Campbell, and after an epic tumble down the draft?  

And everyone has their bad draft stories.  

Sure, but Aaron Rodgers wasn’t Gibbs’ target. Jason Campbell was. If Gibbs/Cerrato were better at scouting players, they would have taken Aaron Rodgers instead of Carlos Rodgers.

Shanahan wasn’t exactly the best at evaluating either - except RBs - he won two Super Bowl’s with a QB he inherited.